collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread  (Read 174245 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread
« Reply #675 on: July 18, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
I would rather be a Bear than a Pear .Great day for the Bears with a good win over Northants  and fair play to Leicester and Josh Inglis in particular  Was listening to the Leicester v Pears live and i have never known a Radio Worcester  presenter disappear off air so quick at the end of a game

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #676 on: July 18, 2021, 10:26:23 PM »
YOOOOOUUUUUUUU BEEEEAAAAAARSSSANDFOOOOOOOOXES
Is that enough ? We’re down to average points because of the Derbyshire situation.

Yes, we finish fourth and will play away to Kent in the quarter finals on Friday 27th August.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalityBlast/status/1416859466004316171

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #677 on: July 19, 2021, 09:07:18 AM »
Hopefully this weekends capitulation will spell the end for Gidman as Worcester coach, he comes across as so damn wet, pink & fluffy. Sodhi aside our overseas players have been desperate all summer

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #678 on: July 19, 2021, 07:52:19 PM »
A good signing for the Bears

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57890623

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #679 on: July 19, 2021, 08:56:56 PM »

Don't know him, but sounds promising

Offline Gareth

« Reply #680 on: July 19, 2021, 09:15:07 PM »
That’s a proper quality signing for you guys, Lance must be gutted….surprised the Nottinghamshire Barbarians weren’t in for him, they normally want first refusal on every transfer

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #681 on: July 19, 2021, 10:17:03 PM »
Hopefully this weekends capitulation will spell the end for Gidman as Worcester coach, he comes across as so damn wet, pink & fluffy. Sodhi aside our overseas players have been desperate all summer

Couldn't agree more Gareth.  Dwarshuis has been a disaster, largely.  I honestly thought we'd be a force in the T20 but we are consistently inconsistent.

Offline Gareth

« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2021, 07:58:07 AM »

Couldn't agree more Gareth.  Dwarshuis has been a disaster, largely.  I honestly thought we'd be a force in the T20 but we are consistently inconsistent.

Absolutely, when Mo is available it papers the cracks but when he isn’t there we end up too light….we are a good batsman short in all forms of the game, Fell fails too often but has been given sooo many chances, Roderick has been an utterly pointless signing, Wessels has always been a feast of famine player but also seems to have disappeared without a trace the last couple of weeks. There is talent in the pace bowlers but the overseas of Joseph & Dwarhuis have been so ineffective that they have actually robbed the youngsters of games.

Get rid of Gidman & sort the overseas recruitment for next year…it’s not against the rules to get a batsman!

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »

Don't know him, but sounds promising

Does indeed, though a little odd as Burgess has just signed a new contract and Benjamin can also keep wicket?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2021, 12:21:17 PM »
I hope that everyone is ready for the start of 'The Hundred' tomorrow

I'll be watching, because a) it's too bloody hot to do anything else and b) it's cricket

However, I suspect that there's going to be a lot of muting the TV and/or switching channels to avoid most of the extraneous nonsense.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #685 on: July 20, 2021, 12:32:24 PM »
I won't be watching. Despise the concept. There are eighteen counties, not eight. It's just the cricket version of the European Super League and I wouldn't have watched that, either.

It's a great shame there is no Olympic cricket to watch.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #686 on: July 20, 2021, 12:44:42 PM »
I won’t be watching either. Although I have got tix for the One Day final at Trent Bridge. Thursday works great for me and the lads I know that still play.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #687 on: July 20, 2021, 08:19:02 PM »
I won't be watching. Despise the concept. There are eighteen counties, not eight. It's just the cricket version of the European Super League and I wouldn't have watched that, either.

It's a great shame there is no Olympic cricket to watch.

Still think it is a compromise as the counties understandably didn’t want their golden goose taken off them.  Couldn’t have another T20 tournament, so we get The Hundred.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #688 on: July 20, 2021, 10:19:10 PM »
They could easily have added another T20 competition with the rules on overseas players relaxed. Top division of eight, allowed five overseas players each. Second division of ten with one overseas player each and two or three loans from the division one players who can't get in because of the overseas players. Be like IPL except much better because you'd have eighteen teams, they'd be linked to their home counties with over a century of history and an established fanbase and you'd have the excitement of promotion and relegation.

Instead, half the country is shut out and the chosen teams couldn't be more Mickey Mouse if they were each awarded a dog named Pluto dressed in a Birmingham City Leyland Daf Cup commemorative Bronx hat.

Even more galling is that our national broadcaster has ignored county cricket for decades and now jumps into bed with this shite.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2021, 10:29:49 PM »
Top price tickets to see the Northern Superchargers are only 20 quid so I have been wondering about going. It does seem an entirely unnecessary invention though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal