collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219964 times)

Offline Three Spires Villa

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1710 on: June 18, 2020, 07:53:03 AM »
Well we are in the relegation zone, with same games played and a worse goal difference, so yes worried, but we are in with a chance and a lot of games to play, but we must find a way to start winning games

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #1711 on: June 18, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »
Obvious point, but this Saturday could be the biggest day of our season so far. All of our relegation rivals playing at home straight after each other.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1712 on: June 18, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »
Is Chelsea now a must win ?
I am beginning to think so.

Newcastle is the must win for me.

We do terribly up there year in year out for some reason (compared to the other two NE clubs) but they won't have the crowd factor which seems to unnerve us and I can't believe a Newcastle team managed by Steve Bruce will come racing out of the blocks. And we won comfortably at VP.

We certainly need a win in next three otherwise task becomes too much. Wins v Newcastle, Palace and Arsenal and a draw or two and we could well go into final day out of bottom 3.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #1713 on: June 18, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
Watched yesterday - we played some nice neat football, but in truth SU were more incisive and really, all our problems showed up again - comical defending (Hause and Nyland in particular), lack of creativity in midfield, woeful finishing (Davis really must learn to put chances away).

I think we are down - cannot see (even with the most optimistic glasses on) where 14 points is coming from in 9 games so ...... big summer coming up (how many times have we said that) - parachute payment means we MUST return fast - if we do, and do so well, then future can still be bright but if the panic sets in and we take too short term a view again, we are destined to remain in the funk.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1714 on: June 18, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
Watched yesterday - we played some nice neat football, but in truth SU were more incisive and really, all our problems showed up again - comical defending (Hause and Nyland in particular), lack of creativity in midfield, woeful finishing (Davis really must learn to put chances away).

I think we are down - cannot see (even with the most optimistic glasses on) where 14 points is coming from in 9 games so ...... big summer coming up (how many times have we said that) - parachute payment means we MUST return fast - if we do, and do so well, then future can still be bright but if the panic sets in and we take too short term a view again, we are destined to remain in the funk.

They weren't more incisive. They had one shot on target all match.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1715 on: June 18, 2020, 07:45:08 PM »

They weren't more incisive. They had one shot on target all match.

We had far more possession than Sheffield United when SKY showed the stats (although that was during the game not at the final whistle). I have been quite worried from day one of the season. My target for us in our remaining games after restart was four wins from our ten games.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1716 on: June 18, 2020, 07:57:08 PM »
Odds are against us, but if we can continue to have better defensive shape we might keep more clean sheets and that will give us a chance.

Offline colin69

« Reply #1717 on: June 18, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
I do think we really have our work cut out to stay up but let’s see how the next couple of matches go for all teams and see where we are. A point last night was more than I thought we’d get so it’s something to build on.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1718 on: June 18, 2020, 08:31:14 PM »
I've adopted something like a one-day cricket attitude. It'd be nice to have a comfortably big lead posted with nine overs left, but it ain't happened. However, if we can keep pace with the required run rate, and leave ourselves a chance in that final over against the spammers, I won't be betting against us.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1719 on: June 18, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
Yesterday, we didn't look like we had anyone who could burst into the box quite late and take a chance.  We did it a couple of times but need that consistency and more goals from the midfield players.  Harsh, but Davis could have a hatrick.  Great save from Henderson to deny him one, he also put one over the bar, although I wondered if the referee might have cancelled it out as he was on the defenders shoulders.  The other effort was a tame header straight at the keeper.  We lacked ruthlessness and I was a bit disappointed that Dean didn't really push for the win late on.  We seemed to settle for the point.  I don't see enough in us to get out of this but, here's hoping.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1720 on: June 18, 2020, 09:15:56 PM »
Well the main glimmer of hope is that we know SJM, Conor and Jack can drive into the box. Hopefully the game time will aid their sharpness in that respect.

Offline tim

« Reply #1721 on: June 18, 2020, 09:32:35 PM »
In all honesty, I can't see us staying up. There just doesn't seem to be anything extra to offer, and I can't see where a win is likely to come from.
Yesterday was only a point due to an error with the officials - yes we got a point, however in reality we lost the game as they got the ball over the line once more than we did. We got lucky, that's all.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1722 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:40 PM »
Well let’s not go too far. We did get lucky with the decision, but we were the better side and who knows whether going behind would have intensified our reaction. I also think they got very lucky not to give away a pen.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1723 on: June 18, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
Yesterday, we didn't look like we had anyone who could burst into the box quite late and take a chance.  We did it a couple of times but need that consistency and more goals from the midfield players.  Harsh, but Davis could have a hatrick.  Great save from Henderson to deny him one, he also put one over the bar, although I wondered if the referee might have cancelled it out as he was on the defenders shoulders.  The other effort was a tame header straight at the keeper.  We lacked ruthlessness and I was a bit disappointed that Dean didn't really push for the win late on.  We seemed to settle for the point.  I don't see enough in us to get out of this but, here's hoping.

McGinn was doing that no problem right at the start of the season. Last  night showed he needs a good month to get up to speed with fitness so hopefully he can peak for last 5 games and chip in with a goal or two.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1724 on: June 18, 2020, 09:36:48 PM »
Now FFP is suspended no. We go down, we spend the living fuck out of the other 23 no marks we're slumming it with.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal