collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494071 times)

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3990 on: November 28, 2023, 09:50:08 PM »
The fact you’ve been banging on about this for what seems like months shows what a good season we are having. This sort of anguished soul searching is normally directed at why we haven’t sacked our manager/lynched the chairman etc.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #3991 on: November 29, 2023, 07:16:17 AM »
I'm surprised we kept Martinez last summer but we did, he's the best keeper in the division.

I don't see why. There was no market for him, so even had he wanted to leave there was nowhere for him to go to.

The big difference between the two is that there are plenty of wealthy and potentially attractive teams with a DL-sized hold in their midfield. There weren't any with Emi-sized one in goal.

Chelsea and Man Utd would of bought Emi over the keepers they bought, if they could of got him. I don’t believe your point is correct.

Release clause or lack there of?  His age maybe?  Or maybe his desire to stay at Villa.  Fuck knows, but any 'noise' has been well off the scale in comparison with Luiz.
Theres was loads of the same noise about Martinez early in the summer then it just died. All the ‘noise’ about man city and liverpool has just emerged and lots of it on shite sites. The Arsenal stuff wont go away, but nearly every article Ive read ends with Villa are under no pressure to sell, it will in all likelihood not happen (a sale) or words to that effect. 

Even if and it is an if Dougie has had his head turned, January, we’re either in the top four or in touching distance, still in Europe hopefully, it’s just ridiculous to think we’d even contemplate it, or that he couldn’t hold onto the summer, if and i say if (with pure fred elliot gusto) he has had his head turned.

Load of old shite I think and people should stop worrying until something does happen.

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #3992 on: November 29, 2023, 07:58:06 AM »
What is Dougie currently getting as his weekly wage? Does anyone have a rough idea?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3993 on: November 29, 2023, 08:38:43 AM »
What is Dougie currently getting as his weekly wage? Does anyone have a rough idea?

The interwebs suggest around £75,000 per week.

Take that with as big a pinch of salt as you wish, but it probably feels about right.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #3994 on: November 29, 2023, 09:04:49 AM »

The interwebs suggest around £75,000 per week.

Take that with as big a pinch of salt as you wish, but it probably feels about right.

If that figure is anywhere near accurate you can see why his representatives would be using the Arsenal links, or my other club for that matter, as a bargaining chip to get a better deal with us. If he’s regarded as one of the best midfielders in the league he’s probably outside the top 25 earners in his position.

Online Dave

« Reply #3995 on: November 29, 2023, 09:13:46 AM »
Yup. Certainly you'd think that someone is going to be paying him double that by next summer.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3996 on: November 29, 2023, 09:20:14 AM »
Yup. Certainly you'd think that someone is going to be paying him double that by next summer.

Or by Christmas (hopefully it's us!). 

According to some shit websites we are 'eyeing' Stephen Ire...AHEM, Kalvin Phillips as a replacement if the 'big' clubs 'want' Luiz. 

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #3997 on: November 29, 2023, 09:20:37 AM »
Whilst 75k a week is obviously still a totally ridiculous sum of money for any footballer to be paid, it clearly wouldn't reflect Dougie's ability in comparison to midfielders that he is considerably better than.

If that is indeed the figure that he is on, then hopefully the club would be looking at improving that with a view to removing a release clause from the contract (If indeed there is one)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3998 on: November 29, 2023, 09:22:51 AM »
This is the price of success everybody wants our top players the Dougie to Arsenal link as been around a while I'm not worried I think he will stay no matter what Arsenal want.

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #3999 on: November 29, 2023, 09:24:57 AM »
Whilst 75k a week is obviously still a totally ridiculous sum of money for any footballer to be paid, it clearly wouldn't reflect Dougie's ability in comparison to midfielders that he is considerably better than.

If that is indeed the figure that he is on, then hopefully the club would be looking at improving that with a view to removing a release clause from the contract (If indeed there is one)

Yes, or at least raising the clause to a level that is in keeping with his new found standing

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4000 on: November 29, 2023, 09:31:05 AM »
If he’s ‘only’ on £75k a week I can see why his agent might leaking stories to the press.

It might explain why the story won’t go away as he’d easily get tentative offers from most clubs that they’d pay him more than that.

Online Dave

« Reply #4001 on: November 29, 2023, 09:48:51 AM »

Fortunately, precedent suggests that the club is more than happy to improve contracts for players when the performances justify it.

If he does go anywhere, I definitely don't think it'll be because someone else is offering him more money than we would.

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #4002 on: November 29, 2023, 09:52:58 AM »

Fortunately, precedent suggests that the club is more than happy to improve contracts for players when the performances justify it.

If he does go anywhere, I definitely don't think it'll be because someone else is offering him more money than we would.

Agreed.  This won't be about wages if he goes anywhere.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4003 on: November 29, 2023, 09:53:28 AM »
I'd be amazed if he signed a new deal last year for 'only' £75k per week (and it still bugs me that we imagine people on multi-million-pound contracts are getting paid weekly).

Online Dave

« Reply #4004 on: November 29, 2023, 09:58:50 AM »
I'd be amazed if he signed a new deal last year for 'only' £75k per week (and it still bugs me that we imagine people on multi-million-pound contracts are getting paid weekly).

Same (on the latter part).

On the former, I think I'm right in saying it was his first "new" contract since he signed for us? In which case, I don't think it would be surprising if he joined us as a 21 year old on say, £30-40k per week (sorry), which was then doubled as he became a more important, although not integral part of the squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal