collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494648 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3345 on: February 19, 2023, 03:58:27 PM »
I don't think Kamara or Luiz have been excellent recently at all, they're both tidy on the ball, but both give it away too much and provide no support in front of the defence. I think they're too similar basically, and we need somebody with a bit more grit to play alongside Kamara who probably has the higher ceiling.

I think Luiz was pretty good yesterday with the ball and he is a decent player, but you’ve hit the nail on the head that he’s too similar to Kamara but not as good, and we need a destroyer in there instead. Basically a better and quicker version of Dendonkar.

Yep, agree entirely.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3346 on: February 19, 2023, 04:04:11 PM »
I don't think Kamara or Luiz have been excellent recently at all, they're both tidy on the ball, but both give it away too much and provide no support in front of the defence. I think they're too similar basically, and we need somebody with a bit more grit to play alongside Kamara who probably has the higher ceiling.

I think Luiz was pretty good yesterday with the ball and he is a decent player, but you’ve hit the nail on the head that he’s too similar to Kamara but not as good, and we need a destroyer in there instead. Basically a better and quicker version of Dendonkar.

Yep, agree entirely.
Douglas' potential is there to be world-class.
In the first half, he was also getting high up the pitch and was crucial in an attacking press. He is getting round the pitch more given Kamara is affording him a licence.  He can sit as well but I believe he will only improve to a very very high standard under Emery and he will be learning how to be midfield general. Doug possesses all of the attributes in his passing, dribbling, and technical ability, which will be more evident with Emery. I think we can see a Bruno Fernandes type influence from him next season.

To me, he's can be someone who can run games next season if has consistency where he's deployed in midfield.
He'll be 25 when next season begins and think we'll see some masterclass displays between now and end of this season as a taste. It's next season when he'll develop a true consistency and He'll be really highly regarded by not just me, not just Villa fans but everyone.

Douglas Luiz is a gem.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3347 on: February 19, 2023, 04:05:53 PM »
I thought Luiz was our best player before he went of

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3348 on: February 19, 2023, 04:47:03 PM »

Yep, agree entirely.

As assists go this season Luiz has 5 to his name which is pretty decent. That’s also going to improve I’m sure.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #3349 on: February 19, 2023, 06:12:51 PM »

Yep, agree entirely.
Douglas' potential is there to be world-class.
In the first half, he was also getting high up the pitch and was crucial in an attacking press. He is getting round the pitch more given Kamara is affording him a licence.  He can sit as well but I believe he will only improve to a very very high standard under Emery and he will be learning how to be midfield general. Doug possesses all of the attributes in his passing, dribbling, and technical ability, which will be more evident with Emery. I think we can see a Bruno Fernandes type influence from him next season.

To me, he's can be someone who can run games next season if has consistency where he's deployed in midfield.
He'll be 25 when next season begins and think we'll see some masterclass displays between now and end of this season as a taste. It's next season when he'll develop a true consistency and He'll be really highly regarded by not just me, not just Villa fans but everyone.

Douglas Luiz is a gem.

He’s never going to be world class bud. I agree that he could improve further over the next year or two and if we do sign another one in there he could give us a selection headache, indeed I really hope he stays with us for these reasons but he’s never going to be world class. He’s too easy to run through for starters and his lack of presence defensively and his lack of sharp acceleration mean this won’t change.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3350 on: February 19, 2023, 08:45:40 PM »
He’s one of the players that is capable of performing at the level that we aspire (I hope) to get to.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3351 on: March 12, 2023, 09:31:27 PM »
Quality again today.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #3352 on: March 12, 2023, 09:41:18 PM »
Excellent today but you can see he missed Kam next to him. Having said that, mcginn was also excellent but the understanding he has with Kam, is vital to the way we play.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #3353 on: March 12, 2023, 09:49:16 PM »
Excellent again. He’s been very good for most of the season.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #3354 on: March 13, 2023, 07:02:31 AM »
And the Oscar goes to ............. Douglas Luiz.

Fantastic performance.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3355 on: March 13, 2023, 09:16:10 AM »
There has been far less criticism towards Douglas Luiz since Unai Emery came in.  I hope Douglas is enjoying his football because he does seem to be improving.  I have often thought that he is a bit average but just recently, he's stepped up a level and I am beginning to see why Man City bought him.  Not at. that level, but who know's?

Offline Baldy

« Reply #3356 on: March 13, 2023, 09:58:08 AM »
There has been far less criticism towards Douglas Luiz since Unai Emery came in.  I hope Douglas is enjoying his football because he does seem to be improving.  I have often thought that he is a bit average but just recently, he's stepped up a level and I am beginning to see why Man City bought him.  Not at. that level, but who know's?

Under Unai management, his awareness seems to have improved. Often seems to have that extra bit of space, that extra split second longer on the ball and is making better decisions. The signs of a top quality player.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #3357 on: March 13, 2023, 10:07:38 AM »
Future captain?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3358 on: March 13, 2023, 10:11:04 AM »
Future captain?

Yep.  He was good yesterday and seems to be taking more responsibility with the ball.  More forward passes, and he' scut out the silly mistakes that plagued him for a while.  Same with McGinn.  Both are paying at a higher level than they were before Emery came in. 

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3359 on: March 13, 2023, 10:14:55 AM »
If I'm honest I think he's been better than Kamara for most of the games under Emery. That's not to say Kamara hasn't been very good but Luiz is at the heart of everything we do well going forward, he's the one who ups the tempo and changes the point of attack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal