collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494478 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #3045 on: October 14, 2022, 06:26:14 PM »
Jesus now we are stuck with him. I think he is crap

Unlike others I’m in agreement with you hookey
So you chaps wanted him to walk away as a free agent?

I understand why we’ve done this and if we get a good fee for him great, however if he stays long term in our midfield we’re going nowhere, main reason being that he’s crap, maybe a better word is ordinary.
You realy think he's crap, yet Arteta wanted to fit him in the midfield that is curently sitting top of the league?

And Chelsea paid £20mil for another of of our midfielders who thought he was better than his actual talent. That's going well for him

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3046 on: October 14, 2022, 06:27:24 PM »
He’s 24. So still very young. When he arrived he was highly regarded by Man City as a 21 year old. He’d be better if he got more games vs a very out of form McGinn. Used as a DM we are not getting the best out of him. He showed early on he has an eye for goal so a position that is more central and more advanced with other players who can pass and keep the ball would help also.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3047 on: October 14, 2022, 06:28:55 PM »
He's one of these players who dosent really do it for me but there's a very decent player in there who's still quite young so  I've got no problems with it.

Online Scovilla

« Reply #3048 on: October 14, 2022, 06:32:09 PM »
I think it's a good thing. As said before he is still young. He would have shown it had he been able to play alongside Bouba Kamara.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3049 on: October 14, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »
Great news for us and Alisha.

Which as you say, is great news for us. 8)

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #3050 on: October 14, 2022, 07:03:47 PM »
Play him in the right position and he will be just fine.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3051 on: October 14, 2022, 07:04:14 PM »
Somewhat surprised with this news given he nearly left a few weeks back. I'm sure a release clause is baked into this contract, then again if some club is willing to pay it it will mean Luiz has performed.

I think he's a very talented player but is capable of a lot more as a 6 or 8 where he wants to play.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3052 on: October 14, 2022, 10:04:26 PM »
If we get him in the right role I think he can be a cracking player. I think he can help link the midfield, especially once Kamara is back. But we really need the correct shape in midfield.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3053 on: October 14, 2022, 10:38:54 PM »
Would be amusing if he's dropped back to the bench on Sunday.

Fair play to him, obviously he's in deep with Alishia but not like he couldn't keep seeing her if he moved down to London.

Guess he must really like it here as tbh I'd be off like a shot if Arsenal were bidding given the state we're in. Perhaps there's a release clause in this deal like Delph but for now let's hope the next manager sees sense and builds midfield around him and Kamara as I think over time that will be a very decent pivot infront of the defence.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3054 on: October 14, 2022, 10:42:08 PM »
Well hopefully things are more positive than performances on the pitch suggest. He has real potential, we have to release that potential.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #3055 on: October 14, 2022, 10:47:33 PM »

Fair play to him, obviously he's in deep with Alishia but not like he couldn't keep seeing her if he moved down to London.

He does seem very loved up and genuinely pleased to have signed it with Alisha, his Dad and his brother/friend in the official pics. Given Arsenal were very keen to get him in, this and his professional attitude this season have been refreshing to see.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3056 on: October 14, 2022, 10:55:12 PM »

Guess he must really like it here as tbh I'd be off like a shot if Arsenal were bidding given the state we're in. Perhaps there's a release clause in this deal like Delph but for now let's hope the next manager sees sense and builds midfield around him and Kamara as I think over time that will be a very decent pivot infront of the defence.

He does, posted numerous times on his social media accounts that he loves Brum, thinks it is an amazing city.

Whenever someone slags off the Villa he is quick to defend us as well, warms my heart tbh. Remember that Brazilian journo he had a go at?  ;D

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #3057 on: October 14, 2022, 11:03:18 PM »
Whenever someone slags off the Villa he is quick to defend us as well, warms my heart tbh. Remember that Brazilian journo he had a go at?  ;D

I didn't delve too deeply into it but the impression I got was that the journalist had made some comments about Alisha.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3058 on: October 14, 2022, 11:08:04 PM »
Jesus now we are stuck with him. I think he is crap

Unlike others I’m in agreement with you hookey
So you chaps wanted him to walk away as a free agent?

I understand why we’ve done this and if we get a good fee for him great, however if he stays long term in our midfield we’re going nowhere, main reason being that he’s crap, maybe a better word is ordinary.
You realy think he's crap, yet Arteta wanted to fit him in the midfield that is curently sitting top of the league?

And Chelsea paid £20mil for another of of our midfielders who thought he was better than his actual talent. That's going well for him

All about opinions, but I think you’re wrong and if (and I accept a fair bit needs changing for this) we get the midfield balance right and Doug is put in the right role he will develop and flourish. We have some really good players, but the lack of the correct shape and tactics is making them look much worse than they are.

I actually think a midfield 3, with the right structure, of Kamara, Doug, and JJ could be excellent.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3059 on: October 15, 2022, 06:30:22 AM »
We have not had a consistently functioning midfield since promotion.
The set up does not suit the players and or vice versa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal