collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 472841 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2910 on: September 03, 2022, 10:36:09 PM »
Much better today.  I am looking forward to seeing Dendonker next to Kamara so it frees up the likes of Coutinho, Buendia, Luiz etc. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2911 on: September 03, 2022, 11:19:07 PM »
The pass Doug played for the chance for Ollie, if that was De Bruyne, Thiago, or someone of that stature it would be getting serious plaudits. It was perfectly timed and weighted.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2912 on: September 03, 2022, 11:39:25 PM »
The pass Doug played for the chance for Ollie, if that was De Bruyne, Thiago, or someone of that stature it would be getting serious plaudits. It was perfectly timed and weighted.

Yes, watching MOTD I thought the same.

Also noticed he was straight over looking pretty chuffed when we equalised, so no sign of him being peeved by the non-transfer.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2913 on: September 03, 2022, 11:41:12 PM »
It wasn't just that he wasn't sulking after the Arsenal move didn't happen, he actually raised his game today. Good to see.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2914 on: September 03, 2022, 11:41:29 PM »
Did well today but there was one strange incident in the first half where he almost nicked a ball and sulked for about five seconds walking around. The crowd very much let him know about it. He's a good player.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2915 on: September 03, 2022, 11:45:52 PM »

Also noticed he was straight over looking pretty chuffed when we equalised, so no sign of him being peeved by the non-transfer.

Agreed both, that was a lovely move. Young did brilliantly to win the ball, played a good positive ball to Luiz, then that pass wasn't even on when Luiz hit it, but he engineered it, knew he could count on Watkins to really challenge for it, and it was so incisive and beautifully weighted.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2916 on: September 03, 2022, 11:55:15 PM »

Agreed both, that was a lovely move. Young did brilliantly to win the ball, played a good positive ball to Luiz, then that pass wasn't even on when Luiz hit it, but he engineered it, knew he could count on Watkins to really challenge for it, and it was so incisive and beautifully weighted.

Exactly, but you put it so much better than me which is why I never considered a career in sports journalism.

Offline Rory

« Reply #2917 on: September 04, 2022, 12:02:33 AM »

Exactly, but you put it so much better than me which is why I never considered a career in sports journalism.

I was very unhappy with the way I worded it, to be honest. Think Paul probably expressed it best in the first place!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2918 on: September 04, 2022, 12:03:03 AM »
I'd like to see him with Donk and Kamara doing a lot of the additional dirty work. The way he ratted about today cleaning things up, with Kamara and Dendonker providing cover, bulk and physical presence, he can get on the ball and move it on quicker. Should give us balance.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2919 on: September 04, 2022, 12:04:25 AM »
That pass was perfect, I mentioned it in the match thread andxwas pretty surprised no one else did.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2920 on: September 04, 2022, 12:23:57 AM »
Luiz probably his best game for us today and that couple of days after we told Arsenal to fuck off. More of same please Villa and yes you too Dougie.

Offline Rory

« Reply #2921 on: September 04, 2022, 12:24:33 AM »
That pass was perfect, I mentioned it in the match thread andxwas pretty surprised no one else did.

Maybe you just said everything that needed saying 😉

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2922 on: September 04, 2022, 12:27:02 AM »
Wow...to make it better you could have finished it of by plagiarising the commentator at the 2014 world cup describing James goal for Colombia.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2923 on: September 04, 2022, 12:44:41 AM »
Was so happy to see Doug sliding across to Bailey in celebration of the goal.

Had to laugh at Watkins' initial reaction to the goal. Non-plussed (jealous?), he just kicks the ball casually back into the net. Did take part in the celebrations latterly, in fairness.

Offline Rory

« Reply #2924 on: September 04, 2022, 12:45:06 AM »
Wow...to make it better you could have finished it of by plagiarising the commentator at the 2014 world cup describing James goal for Colombia.

Go on?

Why is there suddenly scrutiny of a random post? Is it because I never normally post on the football threads without telling someone to fuck off?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal