collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 489932 times)

Offline Nii Lamptey

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2940 on: September 04, 2022, 12:13:50 PM »
Our only remaining hope is that we put an immense run together between now and the world cup break. If we can show progress on the pitch, maybe he'll have a change of heart and commit.

He can speak to clubs from January I think (*maybe not English clubs?), so we don't have long. With consistency, he'd be an asset to any side. That ball to Ollie yesterday was sublime, and linked well with Bouba in the middle yesterday too.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2941 on: September 04, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
Dougie, Kamara & Donc are three players who can tackle and pass - a functioning midfield at last. Sarr & Bertie T would love it playing either side of those three. Ah well, never mind.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2942 on: September 04, 2022, 12:24:16 PM »
Percy what you doing setting the team from back to forward...this will never catch on! Well it won't now as we don't have wings.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2943 on: September 04, 2022, 12:41:54 PM »
Percy what you doing setting the team from back to forward...this will never catch on! Well it won't now as we don't have wings.

Our winger scored a goal yesterday. Our other wide player had a goal unfairly chalked off.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2944 on: September 04, 2022, 01:50:40 PM »

Our winger scored a goal yesterday. Our other wide player had a goal unfairly chalked off.

This is true. Makes you wonder if this midfield is the key to getting Phil & Emi2 in the side successfully.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #2945 on: September 04, 2022, 01:59:28 PM »
We have had a weak core since 2019  resulting in a lot of pressure on the defence and, in my opinion, too many defeats. Yesterday is the most solid we have looked in quite a while.

I would maybe swap out Ramsey for Buendia/Coutinho but that would be a basis to build from

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2946 on: September 04, 2022, 02:00:41 PM »
Rory your description was great. As for BV his best comments are usually confined to "Does anyone fancy another" or "I was at the bar when they scored" :)

Guilty as charged but as character traits go, it's not the worst one to have. :)

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #2947 on: September 04, 2022, 03:03:11 PM »
I've been listening to 5 Live and they were talking about Antony becoming the 100th Brazilian to play in the Premier League and if Arsenal had signed Douglas Luiz he would have become the 101st. Villa apparently don't play in the Premier League.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2948 on: September 04, 2022, 06:09:43 PM »
Douglas has played well this season. Part of that is playing a bit further forward. He's warranted more starts than he's had. He's composed, uses the ball well. I think he benefits from having Kamara behind him.

Lets give him a run. In terms of contract. All we can do is offer him a new one in a couple of months (lets not fire it out too early). If he wants to sign he signs, if not, he's been a good servant all told. Douglas would want to feel like he's a key player for one thing. But also that we're progressing and look like we could step up a level. So we'll know more in 3 months.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2949 on: September 04, 2022, 06:58:15 PM »
I've been listening to 5 Live and they were talking about Antony becoming the 100th Brazilian to play in the Premier League and if Arsenal had signed Douglas Luiz he would have become the 101st. Villa apparently don't play in the Premier League.

Are you serious? Wow, fcuk the rest of us...even if it was clearly a mistake, the mindset speaks volumes.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #2950 on: September 04, 2022, 07:44:12 PM »

Are you serious? Wow, fcuk the rest of us...even if it was clearly a mistake, the mindset speaks volumes.
It was during the preview of the Man Utd v Arsenal game at half time in Brighton v Leicester. Just shows how much anyone outside the London/North West football media bubble actually registers other than to pat them on the head.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2951 on: September 04, 2022, 08:08:24 PM »
He cost £15m so I reckon we have had good value out of him. I suspect he decided a long time ago that he wasn’t going to sign.  Ramsey can fill the void next year.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #2952 on: September 04, 2022, 08:11:47 PM »
Which one ;)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2953 on: September 05, 2022, 11:43:03 AM »
Are people starting to realise how good he is now?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2954 on: September 05, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »
He cost £15m so I reckon we have had good value out of him. I suspect he decided a long time ago that he wasn’t going to sign.  Ramsey can fill the void next year.
Based on the video on the loanwatch thread, Aaron Ramsey would fill that role well.
Aaron seems a little more solid than Jacob was at the same time in his development

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal