collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494375 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2610 on: September 01, 2022, 12:15:21 AM »
Bizarre. If we were going to set a deadline on him signing a new contract surely you do it before transfer deadline day?

It's just poor plan. We had all of last season to get the deal sorted and even July to get a commitment. To just let things drift into the season and now he's unsettled is just another black mark of our summer business especially as him and Kamara as double pivot infront of back 4 has potential if trusted for a run of games.

The club have probably had an offer on the table for months and he hasn't signed it. I did think he would follow suit after his partner signed a deal to stay on but if his agent is telling him about offers from Champions League clubs and he's not even starting every game for us or playing in a position that suits him, I'm not sure I could blame him for dawdling either.
We'll get approx £20m for him which is pigeon-feed these days but better than nowt. Still a lose-lose situation for us though.

I'm sure he's bright enought to know that the CL is the place to be without his agent having to tell him.

I mean that he would be learning about CL offers from his agent. Maybe only love (for his gal) can keep him here, now.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2611 on: September 01, 2022, 12:17:09 AM »
Such a I don’t give a fuck anymore bell end answer

To be fair to him, TV, we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. Maybe Gerrard has been begging Purslow to secure Luiz's future.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2612 on: September 01, 2022, 01:54:55 AM »

To be fair to him, TV, we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. Maybe Gerrard has been begging Purslow to secure Luiz's future.

Even if that’s true you keep that behind the scenes Rory. I think he knows it’s over

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #2613 on: September 01, 2022, 02:00:44 AM »

Even if that’s true you keep that behind the scenes Rory. I think he knows it’s over

What is telling is it’s his first open discourse against Purslow et al. Makes a change from him publicly criticizing the players but when you start openly pointing the finger at your bosses it generally only ends one way. Just ask Scott Parker.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2614 on: September 01, 2022, 02:25:13 AM »

Yeah maybe, but I wouldn't particularly blame him for thinking about how he'll explain things to his next employer. He's done here, clearly.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2615 on: September 01, 2022, 04:03:45 AM »

What is telling is it’s his first open discourse against Purslow et al. Makes a change from him publicly criticizing the players but when you start openly pointing the finger at your bosses it generally only ends one way. Just ask Scott Parker.

I hope that when I wake up and check up on all things Villa; two things have happened. Gerrard has been fired and we have a couple of new players on their way. Unfortunately I doubt either will happen tomorrow.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2616 on: September 01, 2022, 06:13:05 AM »
12 months ago I wouldn’t have been arsed if we sold Luiz. Now I’d be pissed off. That could be more of anything and everything we do at the moment is pissing me off

Offline sid1964

« Reply #2617 on: September 01, 2022, 06:18:07 AM »
For me he lacks the pace  - I watched one of their players run past him and he could not get keep up (and he had only just come on as a sub)

Surprised the goal was given when you consider that GKs are usually so well protected by referees

I would imagine that now he knows that champions league clubs are in for him -  he will run down his contract and leave us on a free next summer, therefore another £20 million lost if we don't sell him.

Even rich people miss £20 million!!

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2618 on: September 01, 2022, 06:23:48 AM »
To be honest, I couldn’t care less if Dougie stays or goes now.
In all the time he has been here I think I have been frustrated with his performances on more occasions than I have been impressed by them.
I don’t recall many MOTM performances from him,although I’m sure there have been a couple.

We have had nigh on 2 years of his contract saga. I can’t believe it’s down to money. If he doesn’t want to sign then he may as just go.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2619 on: September 01, 2022, 06:28:47 AM »
The problem  is, if you look at the other options in the squad (other than Kamara)  they are worse than Luiz , so unless we are bringing someone better in, his leaving actually weakens us.
This looks like piss poor planning.
I can’t blame him wanting to leave this shot show though.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2620 on: September 01, 2022, 06:55:55 AM »
Gregg Evans has tweeted that we’re definitely not selling Luiz today.

So he’ll be off, then.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2621 on: September 01, 2022, 06:57:40 AM »
Gregg Evans has tweeted that we’re definitely not selling Luiz today.

So he’ll be off, then.

Sounds about right.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2622 on: September 01, 2022, 08:35:44 AM »
I hope we do sell him, useless player and puts between £12m and £30m in the kitty depending which clickbait article you read.

We need a better replacement, but that goes for if he stays as well. The whole midfield is useless except for possibly Irooegbunam and Kamara who have not played enough yet to judge, but look decent prospects.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2623 on: September 01, 2022, 09:01:58 AM »
Selling him is worth discussing, but getting rid on deadline day, with no replacements and a dysfunctional midfield wouldn't be a good idea.

Online dr.chekov

« Reply #2624 on: September 01, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »
It's strange the level of club interested in him. What do they see that we don't/never have?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal