collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 495191 times)

Offline Goldenballs

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2595 on: August 31, 2022, 10:42:41 PM »
I hope he doesn't leave because he can clearly see Gerrard's clueless, and then a week later we appoint a proper manager.

Him on corners is our only threat.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2596 on: August 31, 2022, 10:43:53 PM »
I guess there is an offer on the table they will take if he doesn’t sign a new deal, and why would you?

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #2597 on: August 31, 2022, 10:44:47 PM »
Bizarre. If we were going to set a deadline on him signing a new contract surely you do it before transfer deadline day?

Offline steamer

« Reply #2598 on: August 31, 2022, 10:46:00 PM »
Did not overly celebrate when scoring
guess he is on his way

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2599 on: August 31, 2022, 10:47:09 PM »
Did not overly celebrate when scoring
guess he is on his way

He was in the corner already and did his standard chest out thing. Don’t read too much into it. That’s note saying he’s not leaving but there’s no guarantee we will allow it happen tomorrow.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2600 on: August 31, 2022, 10:51:17 PM »
Bizarre. If we were going to set a deadline on him signing a new contract surely you do it before transfer deadline day?

It's just poor plan. We had all of last season to get the deal sorted and even July to get a commitment. To just let things drift into the season and now he's unsettled is just another black mark of our summer business especially as him and Kamara as double pivot infront of back 4 has potential if trusted for a run of games.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #2601 on: August 31, 2022, 10:56:14 PM »
I guess he either signs the contract or he leaves. I would imagine the club are encouraging him to make a decision to generate some revenue if the club have received an acceptable offer.

He’s maybe waited as long as he can to see what transpires.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2602 on: August 31, 2022, 11:00:26 PM »
I’ve just seen on the newsnow site that Gerrard  is saying he’s not in control of the situation with Douglas Luiz. I don’t know whether this interview was done tonight after the game or earlier on but it sounds to me like Douglas is off tomorrow.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2603 on: August 31, 2022, 11:09:30 PM »

It's just poor plan. We had all of last season to get the deal sorted and even July to get a commitment. To just let things drift into the season and now he's unsettled is just another black mark of our summer business especially as him and Kamara as double pivot infront of back 4 has potential if trusted for a run of games.

The club have probably had an offer on the table for months and he hasn't signed it. I did think he would follow suit after his partner signed a deal to stay on but if his agent is telling him about offers from Champions League clubs and he's not even starting every game for us or playing in a position that suits him, I'm not sure I could blame him for dawdling either.
We'll get approx £20m for him which is pigeon-feed these days but better than nowt. Still a lose-lose situation for us though.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2604 on: August 31, 2022, 11:17:52 PM »
Off where?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2605 on: August 31, 2022, 11:33:55 PM »
Brilliant goal again by Dougie.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2606 on: August 31, 2022, 11:45:10 PM »
I wouldn't be amazed to see him go to Chelsea with Gallagher coming the other way on loan as part of the deal.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2607 on: August 31, 2022, 11:45:46 PM »

The club have probably had an offer on the table for months and he hasn't signed it. I did think he would follow suit after his partner signed a deal to stay on but if his agent is telling him about offers from Champions League clubs and he's not even starting every game for us or playing in a position that suits him, I'm not sure I could blame him for dawdling either.
We'll get approx £20m for him which is pigeon-feed these days but better than nowt. Still a lose-lose situation for us though.

I'm sure he's bright enought to know that the CL is the place to be without his agent having to tell him.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2608 on: August 31, 2022, 11:56:54 PM »
Steven Gerrard, when asked if he is confident Douglas Luiz will still be an #avfc player on Friday: "I am not in control of that. We are not in a position where we need to lose our top players but at the same time he has a year to go...."

Gerrard (ctd): "It is one of those touchy situations where the club has to do what is best for the club, not necessarily what is best for me."

FFS

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2609 on: September 01, 2022, 12:01:56 AM »
Such a I don’t give a fuck anymore bell end answer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal