collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494296 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2565 on: August 31, 2022, 08:54:35 AM »
For an ex-midfielder our manager has f*ck all idea as to how to populate his midfield.
Imo Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and McGinn are very similar in the sense that they are all better offensively and certainly none are comfortable in the auxiliary full back roles they are being asked to play. Luiz like all of them are currently wasted talents.
We definitely need a box to box midfielder to complement any one of the 4 mentioned and Kamara in the current shambles of a system we play.
I'd definitely have Luiz and Sanson in ahead of the ineffective McGinn, but that isn't going to happen under the current regime.
I would have Ramsey playing in the old greedlish position too for what it's worth.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2566 on: August 31, 2022, 09:10:35 AM »
I’ve always liked Doug, I think he’s a quality player who we haven’t got the best out of, maybe someone else will If he goes

There’s plenty on here who continually say that he offers nothing so they will be happy if we can bank 20+ million
McGinn Will possibly be the next one to interest a top club so we can cash in on him as well and even more people will be happy

I’ve said it before in my opinion there’s nothing wrong with our midfield as it stands, it has quality and plenty of options
The big problem is the way it shapes up and is coached

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2567 on: August 31, 2022, 09:16:37 AM »
I don't feel like any player can be properly judged playing for this manager in this system.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2568 on: August 31, 2022, 09:57:39 AM »
I don't feel like any player can be properly judged playing for this manager in this system.

Fair point. Even so, Doug isn't winning the league standard and therefore not Liverpool standard.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2569 on: August 31, 2022, 10:13:14 AM »

Fair point. Even so, Doug isn't winning the league standard and therefore not Liverpool standard.

That he may not be, but in my opinion he's better than all of our other midfielders.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2570 on: August 31, 2022, 10:20:15 AM »
A midfield 3 of Thiago, Fabinho and Luiz would work pretty well for Liverpool, particularly with the forward runners that they have.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2571 on: August 31, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »
For an ex-midfielder our manager has f*ck all idea as to how to populate his midfield.
Imo Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and McGinn are very similar in the sense that they are all better offensively and certainly none are comfortable in the auxiliary full back roles they are being asked to play. Luiz like all of them are currently wasted talents.
We definitely need a box to box midfielder to complement any one of the 4 mentioned and Kamara in the current shambles of a system we play.
I'd definitely have Luiz and Sanson in ahead of the ineffective McGinn, but that isn't going to happen under the current regime.
I would have Ramsey playing in the old greedlish position too for what it's worth.

We don't need new midfielders, we need to play a system that actually uses them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2572 on: August 31, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »

Wes Brown has won the league. Luiz wouldn't play every week but he'd be good enough for their squad, and is likely to get better under a competent manager.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2573 on: August 31, 2022, 10:28:03 AM »
*IF* these Liverpool and Atletico rumours are true, then they see something in Doug that hasn't been brought out at Villa. They are both high intensity teams which we clearly are not so he's not really had to run himself ragged with us. If he is capable of that why the bloody hell aren't we using it?

I think Luiz needs to take some responsibility why his form after the restart was never consistently replicated. He has all the ability.

Plenty of clubs should be interested but that's more to do with his contract situation.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2574 on: August 31, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »

That he may not be, but in my opinion he's better than all of our other midfielders.

That's made me feel more depressed about our situation than I already was.  Then I think, hang on, we have Kamara who is a fine midfielder and better and more consistent  than Luiz thus far.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2575 on: August 31, 2022, 10:50:46 AM »

Not sure that’s true and Liverpool more than most are pretty good with their recruitment. The fact Doug hasn’t been a world beater for us doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t have a hell of a lot of potential. I think he does and we’d be stupid to sell him now, unless we have a very good replacement who is definitely joining.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2576 on: August 31, 2022, 10:52:29 AM »
I am not convinced by Luiz at all, but what I will say is I much prefer having him as an option to selling him on the last day of the window and having nobody there.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2577 on: August 31, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

We don't need new midfielders, we need to play a system that actually uses them.

Exactly!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2578 on: August 31, 2022, 11:02:27 AM »
Doug would look really good in Liverpool's midfield. That shows that he's less of the problem and our bigger problem is the players he's surrounded by here.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2579 on: August 31, 2022, 11:08:03 AM »
Right now he's our best No 8 and our second best DM.  Selling him would be absolutely nuts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal