collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 487851 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2445 on: July 25, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
Apart from the fact this bloke is committing the same crime as Carney, but getting nowhere near the same flak. Is this true

“Since his debut, only Tyrone Mings has played more Premier League games for Aston Villa than Douglas Luiz”

Douglas Luiz is a Brazil international. CC is an 18 year old demanding big money and guaranteed starting time.

It's nothing like the same scenario.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #2446 on: July 25, 2022, 07:18:04 PM »
Luiz has given us a lot of service too. If he does leave, he still would have my respect.

A lot of people consider Keinan Davies an up and coming prospect who still could come good. He's the same age as Luiz and Luiz has been a starter for us for a few years. If we can keep him, I think we should.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2447 on: July 25, 2022, 08:52:38 PM »
I wish Gerrard was asked about his contract situation in a presser, he's usually honest enough about these things. We have no idea if he wants to stay.

Online frank black

« Reply #2448 on: July 25, 2022, 09:04:36 PM »
I wish Gerrard was asked about his contract situation in a presser, he's usually honest enough about these things. We have no idea if he wants to stay.

I believe he was asked about him. Just said no one has enquired or made an offer for him and that he continued to work hard etc….

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2449 on: July 26, 2022, 01:45:47 AM »
He's got a year left and his other half has signed on for that year. I think he'll be off next summer.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2450 on: July 26, 2022, 09:55:44 PM »
He's got a year left and his other half has signed on for that year. I think he'll be off next summer.

That’s always been my hunch.  Even if he leaves I think we’ve had good value for a £15m signing.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2451 on: July 27, 2022, 01:12:06 AM »
I think women often sign one year deals so wouldn't read too much into that. She is probably just keeping her options open so she can stay or leave next summer.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #2452 on: July 27, 2022, 02:16:27 AM »
I think Luiz has looked a much better player with a proper DM behind him and would like to see us keep him around to fight for one of #8 roles in the squad.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2453 on: July 27, 2022, 11:17:13 AM »
By all accounts we much looked a lot better against Man United second half with Douglas Luiz and Sanson playing really well. He's looked up for it pre-season and apparently is the model pro on the training ground. Fresh start for me, especially since he's not going to be used as a 6.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2454 on: July 29, 2022, 01:45:07 PM »
Looks like talks ongoing wrt the new contract. https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1552997874308464640

Offline KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
« Reply #2455 on: July 29, 2022, 02:33:13 PM »
Looks like talks ongoing wrt the new contract. https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1552997874308464640

For those without access

Aston Villa are in talks with Douglas Luiz over a new contract and are hopeful of striking an agreement with the Brazil international.

Villa have moved to secure Luiz’s future and want to extend the midfielder's career with the Midlands club, despite interest from clubs competing in the Champions League.

A £15 million signing from Manchester City in July 2019, Luiz has been a reliable performer under Dean Smith and his successor Steven Gerrard, who was appointed in November last year.

The 24-year-old's contract expires at the end of the forthcoming season but Villa are understood to have held constructive talks over a long-term deal.

As previously reported by Telegraph Sport, Villa instigated talks with Luiz earlier this year when the January transfer window closed, after rejecting a £30m offer from a rival Premier League club understood to be Newcastle United.

Advertisement
With long-term target Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips completing a £45m move to Manchester City, and another previous target Yves Bissouma joining Tottenham from Brighton, securing the future of Luiz has now become even more of a priority.

Villa have captured Boubacar Kamara from Marseille on a free transfer this summer and also view Luiz as an integral part of their midfield options for the 2022/23 campaign and beyond.

Negotiations are ongoing but Villa remain optimistic that Luiz will agree to stay, with a number of South American players including Philippe Coutinho, Emiliano Martínez and Diego Carlos also at the club.

Last season Villa head coach Gerrard said: "Douglas is a fantastic player, really talented and we rate him extremely highly.

"We want to keep all of our best players around. We understand there will be interest in our best players as well, we don't have a problem with that.

"But yes we want to keep all of our top talent around, we see Douglas as a top talent, a really wonderful footballer on his day. It's my job to try and make this team and this squad as strong, littered with top footballers."

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2456 on: July 29, 2022, 06:37:03 PM »
So another one staying who has underwhelmed the last 3 yrs 🤷‍♂️

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2457 on: July 29, 2022, 06:57:53 PM »
It's my job to try and make this team and this squad as strong, littered with top footballers."

No, Steven, that's Mr Lange's job. It's your job to make this strong squad, littered with top footballers function as a team.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2458 on: July 29, 2022, 08:08:06 PM »

He’s a just turned 24 and is a Brazilian international. In the right role I think he’ll develop into a quality player.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2459 on: July 29, 2022, 09:29:06 PM »

He’s a just turned 24 and is a Brazilian international. In the right role I think he’ll develop into a quality player.

We’ll see a different Doug this season.
He won’t be shackled with defensive responsibilities.
He’s a wonderful player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal