collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 491029 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2415 on: June 24, 2022, 07:15:07 PM »
I’d rather lose him than Chuck to be honest
Agreed

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2416 on: June 24, 2022, 07:16:15 PM »
 has more average and meh games than good ones.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2417 on: June 24, 2022, 07:20:58 PM »
I imagine he may want to hold on until next year, when he can command greater earnings on a Bosman. Although it’s a risky decision for him.

I think he’ll be off for circa 20 mil

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2418 on: June 24, 2022, 07:39:37 PM »

Based on?

Offline jwarry

« Reply #2419 on: June 24, 2022, 07:46:03 PM »

Based on?

Intuition

You must be a fool not to realise Chuck is a special talent (and unfortunately he knows it) whereas Doug is just a good player

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2420 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:59 PM »
I really like Doug, and think he'll go on to have a very good career, but I think it makes sense all round for him to go this summer. It's our last chance to cash in on him, and we should make a profit, and he'll get the chance to move to a league that maybe suits his game a bit more ahead of the World Cup.

He is talented, that I am sure of, but he isn't s DM in the Premier League. And I think we are desperate for a bit more physicality all over the pitch, which is what he lacks. Even if we were to play him further forward, he isn't quick, energetic or strong enough for what we need. In Italy or Spain, I think he will look fantastic.

This could be a rare case of us buying a player, getting decent use out of him and selling him on for a profit with no animosity whatsoever.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2421 on: June 24, 2022, 09:10:27 PM »
I really like Doug, and think he'll go on to have a very good career, but I think it makes sense all round for him to go this summer. It's our last chance to cash in on him, and we should make a profit, and he'll get the chance to move to a league that maybe suits his game a bit more ahead of the World Cup.

He is talented, that I am sure of, but he isn't s DM in the Premier League. And I think we are desperate for a bit more physicality all over the pitch, which is what he lacks. Even if we were to play him further forward, he isn't quick, energetic or strong enough for what we need. In Italy or Spain, I think he will look fantastic.

This could be a rare case of us buying a player, getting decent use out of him and selling him on for a profit with no animosity whatsoever.

I'd agree with that, I like him and think he's a better player (and has played better) than a lot of our fans give him credit for. If we'd had a proper DM for the last 3 years and played him 10 yards up the pitch i think he'd have a lot more fans because he has bags of talent, just not the presence to do the job we asked of him.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2422 on: June 24, 2022, 09:14:40 PM »
I hope when he leaves us, he doesn’t suddenly become a free kick expert.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #2423 on: June 24, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »
The player Luiz was when he arrived compared to now shows how we've developed him. Playing in the DM role for a period will undoubtedly have improved his overall game even though that's not really his natural position. He had that great period post lockdown for the rest of 2020 when he was excellent in the DM role and had a number of Villa fans fearing that Man Citeh would swoop in for him. I'd like to see him player further forward as an 8 in a settled midfield to see how far along he's really developed but if he's not prepared to stay on in signing a new contract, then we should sell him for a profit now, thank him for his service and move on.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:54:42 PM by LeonW »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2424 on: June 25, 2022, 01:00:38 PM »

I'd agree with that, I like him and think he's a better player (and has played better) than a lot of our fans give him credit for. If we'd had a proper DM for the last 3 years and played him 10 yards up the pitch i think he'd have a lot more fans because he has bags of talent, just not the presence to do the job we asked of him.

I li,e him a lot, I think he just lacks a burst of acceleration to be a really top player.

It's funny too because he tends to play better in the games against the better teams. I think a deal this summer makes sense, but it's one I think we may regret over time.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2425 on: June 25, 2022, 01:05:56 PM »
I’m not sure we have much choice.  It’s accept some cash now to hopefully return a profit or he leaves for nothing next year. 
Whichever happens he, and villa, have done alright out of the original £15m deal from Man City.

I suspect that Kamara will have similar sort of stay at the club which is one of the reasons he probably signed here.

Offline cdward

« Reply #2426 on: June 25, 2022, 01:29:01 PM »
Can understand him wanting to leave, if he feels he's being played out of his preferred position. Players will play out of position for a club that is winning things, however he probably feels we haven't progressed enough for him.
Which i can't really argue with.
I think he is a great player and probably has more to give, just don't think it is with us.
Would love to be proved wrong though.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #2427 on: June 25, 2022, 02:07:55 PM »
Overall he’s done reasonably well for us and ive always liked Dougie even though he frustrates at times. Does seem to make sense for all parties if he goes this summer rather than for nowt next year. He’s had some good and some poor games, but don’t think you can question his commitment to the cause over last few years and he was absolutely key to us staying up.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2428 on: June 25, 2022, 05:04:33 PM »
apparently Dougie is posting pics of himself on IG with the label Villa❤️

People guessing he’s staying/signing a new contract ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2429 on: June 25, 2022, 05:08:27 PM »
Or he's saying farewell?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal