collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494117 times)

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2280 on: February 13, 2022, 11:13:39 PM »
You have to wonder whether the reported 3 bids we rejected last month has unsettled him a bit. I wouldn't blame him if that meant he played in his preferred position.

Really struggling and he's not alone.  He'll be gone in the Summer.

Think we might have been happy to offload if the Bissouma bid had been accepted, might even have been hawking him around. I'd have flogged him anyway as is about as much use as a chocolate teapot as a DM, and we have better in his more natural position. Does nothing well, like a Brazilian Westwood.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2281 on: February 13, 2022, 11:29:05 PM »
Hasn't played well for ages imo, think he's mentally checked out of here.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #2282 on: February 13, 2022, 11:31:00 PM »
Hasn't played well for ages imo, think he's mentally checked out of here.
listening to other players when on international duty?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2283 on: February 13, 2022, 11:58:30 PM »
His yellow card today was a disgrace. Lazy, half hearted and taking the easy way out. Seems to be avoiding physical contact like he might contract Covid. Really poor last two games.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2284 on: February 14, 2022, 12:00:40 AM »
I told you he was shite.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2285 on: February 14, 2022, 12:22:09 AM »
I told you he was shite.

I remember nodding my head in agreement, though I'm almost impossible to please when it comes to watching Villa.

There are loads of people on here with far more intelligence than I, who understand the game better and watch more of the Villa, also. Many seem to rate him, and obviously Man City/Pep did/do, too. I'm happy to trust the judgement of those posters.

I just don't know where his best position is. The home game against Pep's robots, he looked very good driving forward second half, and I was fully prepared to smear humble pie all over my body.

Maybe we just need to play him in his best position because what I saw in the Newcastle game was a nothing player.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2286 on: February 14, 2022, 08:28:17 AM »
What is his best position though? If it's attacking midfielder, well tough shit, that's Ramsey's spot now.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2287 on: February 14, 2022, 09:39:25 AM »
Very poor game overall. Slows play down too much for my liking.  He did make one telling block first half which would have let their forward with a clear run on goal had he not.  Even so, I'd leave him out next game.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2288 on: February 14, 2022, 09:46:51 AM »
What is his best position though? If it's attacking midfielder, well tough shit, that's Ramsey's spot now.

It's as an "8", not a 6, which I think means box to box.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2289 on: February 14, 2022, 10:49:05 AM »
He’s behind both Ramsey and Sanson as an 8 in my view. He does ok as a holding defensive midfielder but he’s just not suited to it if we’re being pressed high and he seems to have gone backwards markedly since Dean left. He just seems to have no intensity about him currently. He’s obviously a talented player but it’s just not working currently. I think he’s only in the team as Marvellous is injured and they don’t quite yet trust Ireogbunam.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2290 on: February 15, 2022, 11:21:38 PM »
I am starting to resent the fact he never looks really arsed about anything.

He's now also the anointed waster of every free kick.

Not sure how Rick Wakeman thought that'd be a good idea, but anyone watching that Newcastle game would have shuddered to think it may be repeated in future fixtures.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2291 on: February 16, 2022, 01:06:56 AM »
He’s behind both Ramsey and Sanson as an 8 in my view. He does ok as a holding defensive midfielder but he’s just not suited to it if we’re being pressed high and he seems to have gone backwards markedly since Dean left. He just seems to have no intensity about him currently. He’s obviously a talented player but it’s just not working currently. I think he’s only in the team as Marvellous is injured and they don’t quite yet trust Ireogbunam.

Between 18 months of non-stop football and his new romantic interest he's probably just knackered.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #2292 on: February 16, 2022, 07:17:27 AM »

Between 18 months of non-stop football and his new romantic interest he's probably just knackered.

If he is tired as you suggest then perhaps it might be an idea not to pick him?

Tristandacuhna

« Reply #2293 on: February 18, 2022, 09:29:00 PM »

It's as an "8", not a 6, which I think means box to box.

If he is tired as you suggest then perhaps it might be an idea not to pick him?

He is a not interested in signing a new contract by all reports.

Dean Smith said on a few occasions he wanted him to sign a new contract. To me he's always evaded committing after we stayed up in the 1st season in the hope citeh would trigger the buy back clause post season 2 in prem.
Once citeh walked off he seams to favour of sunny climes in Italy/Spain as he does not like the deep holding role.

Bentacor signed by spurs in Jan was quoted by Tim Vickery & a top Spanish commentator as a replacement for Luiz when we bid for the JUVE player.

Tim also repeated that Luiz wants to move on and will not sign a new deal while he eyes other options in Europe.

Also its leaked that Citeh have a sell on clause on him that's been kept quiet, hence with 12 months left we will sell in summer unless his playing attitude & commitment changes stance.

As a 19 year old he signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe but due to work permit fail he was hived to Girona 2 years in Spain.
Then 2 years with us failing to get enough games with full brazil squad to get work permit so Citeh cut him loose. 

Never convinced me than he saw villa as little more than a holding situation to walk back to Citeh and that ship has sailed.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2294 on: February 18, 2022, 10:06:39 PM »
Never convinced me than he saw villa as little more than a holding situation to walk back to Citeh and that ship has sailed.
It's the same with many of our players. Coutinho is here because he wants regular game time in a top league so that he can cement his place in the Brazilian WC squad. 2022 is probably his last chance. Buendia  sees us as next step on his way to a major CL club. Martinez will go as soon as the big 3/4 in this country or the European big boys come calling for him. We really need to progress to european football by end of next season otherwise we will be back to square 1.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal