collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473685 times)

Offline Bostongbboy

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2160 on: January 11, 2022, 02:17:52 PM »
For me Douglas  needs a mentor, who he can learn from and advance his opportunities with Villa & Brazil. That mentor will be here Wednesday and playing Saturday, don’t ditch the kid now as the “future is bright “ for us all.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2161 on: January 11, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »
Agree Dante.  I actually thought he was a bit younger than23, but he shouldn’t be written off.  I’m sure Gerrard and the coaching staff will be making those judgements about improving some players and letting some go.  I mention him and Cash (and maybe Nakamba based on his latest form) because they have the physical attributes and enough raw ability to become ‘now’ players.  But they both need to have strong second halves of this season.  There are others in and around the first team who are clearly not going to be good enough (‘Trezegue’, Ghazi, Wes, Targett)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2162 on: January 11, 2022, 05:01:30 PM »
I think him and McGinn are similar. They do so much good, in a calm steady way, that when they fuck up it stands out.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2163 on: January 11, 2022, 05:05:00 PM »
I think him and McGinn are similar. They do so much good, in a calm steady way, that when they fuck up it stands out.

He is nowhere McGinns standard. Sanson, Nakamba, McGinn and Ramsey are all better. He is the obvious one to sell if we need to free up a place for another midfielder.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2164 on: January 11, 2022, 05:08:30 PM »

He is nowhere McGinns standard. Sanson, Nakamba, McGinn and Ramsey are all better. He is the obvious one to sell if we need to free up a place for another midfielder.
Arguably he's the only one being played out of position.  I think you underestimate how good he could be.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2165 on: January 11, 2022, 05:09:16 PM »

Yet elsewhere people are suggesting McGinn is poor at the moment.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2166 on: January 11, 2022, 05:41:47 PM »
I'm not convinced he fits into the way Gerrard wants to play across those three midfield positions. He's holding forte as a 6 until Bloody Marvelous/new signing is available. I see how Ramsey fits as a dynamic box to box player, and I see what McGinn gives. I also see where Sanson fits as competition for one of the 8's. The problem for Douglas is, I'm not sure he has the engine required. He's certainly a good player with potential to affect games in more advanced positions, but Gerrard demands a bit more I suspect. I don't think he'll fancy sitting on the bench. He has value. At some juncture we have to balance the books and sell some players. I think he's going this summer. I don't think he'll have the benefit of time to go from 'could be a decent no8' to actually becoming consistently so. Not this far into his Villa career.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2167 on: January 27, 2022, 04:06:42 PM »
cy
@JPercyTelegraph
#avfc are poised to open talks with Douglas Luiz over a new contract, following interest from Premier League clubs in this window. Luiz is valued very highly by Steven Gerrard and Villa, starting the last 9 matches, and a bid has been rejected this month.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #2168 on: January 27, 2022, 04:12:31 PM »
£30m bid from a PL club (not Arsenal) rejected immediately apparently

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #2169 on: January 27, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »
I'm not convinced he fits into the way Gerrard wants to play across those three midfield positions. He's holding forte as a 6 until Bloody Marvelous/new signing is available. I see how Ramsey fits as a dynamic box to box player, and I see what McGinn gives. I also see where Sanson fits as competition for one of the 8's. The problem for Douglas is, I'm not sure he has the engine required. He's certainly a good player with potential to affect games in more advanced positions, but Gerrard demands a bit more I suspect. I don't think he'll fancy sitting on the bench. He has value. At some juncture we have to balance the books and sell some players. I think he's going this summer. I don't think he'll have the benefit of time to go from 'could be a decent no8' to actually becoming consistently so. Not this far into his Villa career.

This is my problem. I really like him but where would he play?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2170 on: January 27, 2022, 04:18:58 PM »
I think, like Targett, he will be a popular member of the squad who ultimately doesn't fit in Gerrard's plans.  I can see the reasons for keeping him but can definitely see around 40m reasons for selling him.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2171 on: January 27, 2022, 04:23:16 PM »
If he played further forward perhaps as I don’t think he’s a defensive midfielder.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2172 on: January 27, 2022, 05:15:24 PM »
£30m bid from a PL club (not Arsenal) rejected immediately apparently

My guess would be Newcastle

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #2173 on: January 27, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz has taken to Instagram to announce his relationship with Aston villa women's player Alisha Lehmann

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10448513/Aston-Villa-midfielder-Douglas-Luiz-womens-player-Alisha-Lehmann-confirm-relationship.html

he's going nowhere

Offline Herman

« Reply #2174 on: January 27, 2022, 05:33:28 PM »
It''s been about 20 years since I've read anything in the Daily Mail. Christ, after stumbling onto that shite, it'll be another 20 years before I darken their doorstep again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal