collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:23:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:20:07 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by jon collett
[Today at 08:19:03 PM]

Re: Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 08:17:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:15:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 08:14:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:11:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 494084 times)

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1680 on: May 30, 2021, 09:34:26 AM »
Can’t see it happening personally.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1681 on: May 30, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
Me either. He's a decent young prospect, but he was disappointing last year. I can't see Guardiola wanting him, unless it's just to sell to somebody willing to pay more for him, which would be unlikely I think.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1682 on: May 30, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
Me neither. They obviously rated him and wanted to protect themselves from dropping a transfer boo-boo, but he's hardly a Chelsea letting De Bruyne go type mistake currently

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1683 on: May 30, 2021, 09:42:48 AM »
We should know by this time next week according to various reports.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1684 on: May 30, 2021, 09:46:57 AM »
You’d think the backlash from that piss poor performance last night would be either sacking Pep or spending absolutely ridiculous amounts on 3 or 4 worldys in some vain attempt to land next years quadruple/treble/double. The latter more likely and Luiz won’t be in that scenario.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #1685 on: May 30, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
I cant see him going personally. Certainly not in the Premier League.

City, lets be honest, will be wanting a better player/big name. Luiz, as great as he can be for us, isn't getting near that Man City starting 11. Same can be said for Chelsea, Liverpool, United as well. Spurs won't be interested, and he wouldn't move sideways to the likes of Leicester/West Ham ( I only say sideways on this seasons league table. Not that they are bigger clubs, or usually even comparable)

I think he'll stay

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1686 on: May 30, 2021, 10:45:03 AM »
Me neither. They obviously rated him and wanted to protect themselves from dropping a transfer boo-boo, but he's hardly a Chelsea letting De Bruyne go type mistake currently

Who knows. I’m not saying he’ll get to that level or that he’s a similar type of player, but when De Brunye left Chelsea I’m not sure there was a huge awareness of what he would become.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1687 on: May 30, 2021, 10:53:59 AM »
Luis has been a curates egg thus far. But even in the half the time he looks decent he wouldn't be close to getting games at Man City.

At the moment he has potential, but is awful at least one game in 3. We need an upgrade ourselves whilst he develops, no way is he going back there.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1688 on: May 30, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »

Who knows. I’m not saying he’ll get to that level or that he’s a similar type of player, but when De Brunye left Chelsea I’m not sure there was a huge awareness of what he would become.

Possibly not, but seeing after  less than 2 years of leaving Chelsea he'd been named player of the year in Germany, they probably wished they had a Luis type clause. I mean Luis could become a premiership star in two years time but I wouldn't class that as a transfer mistake, just a player gradually improving as he hits his peak years.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1689 on: May 30, 2021, 11:26:02 AM »
Have anyone making these stories ever seen him play. I rest my case.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1690 on: May 30, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
Have anyone making these stories ever seen him play. I rest my case.

Yes maybe when he was a huge contributor to our survival last year.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1691 on: May 30, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »
I think he’s a great player and is only going to get better

He does make mistakes, gives too many fouls away in dangerous areas, and sometimes gives the ball away too easily,
Having said all that he’s always had a touch of class, and the things listed above can be worked on

Personally I don’t think he would look out of place in Man City‘s team as I think he would level up and no one plays every game for them anyway

But I’m not worried about him leaving I think he will stay, as I can’t see him being A priority for Man City next season

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1692 on: May 30, 2021, 01:22:08 PM »
I think the bigger concern would be that Man City activate their clause and turn around and sell him at a profit.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1693 on: May 30, 2021, 01:22:24 PM »
Fernandinho is off, so I wouldn't be stunned if they opted for Luiz and a more established player (odd to think of a current Brazilian international as not established enough but there you go) for the role.

Across all competitions Luiz would probably see enough gametime to justify the move.  Even if he isn't a first team regular.

We don't truly know how the move was sold to Luiz in the first place. At the time, we were a club that had just been promoted from the Championship, let's not forget. He would have had more glamarous options abroad and so on.  If Guardiola has said get the games in in the country to help with the work permit and that he'd be back in for him, any attempts by us to renege on that won't go down too well with the player.

Hopefully the buyback option is little more than first refusal; just there to stop him joining a potential title/ CL rival of Citeh's.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1694 on: May 30, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Play him along side a proper DM and I reckon he'll shine. He just can't be the DM in my opinion as his tackles aren't intelligent enough but maybe that'll come.

Sell him for a profit is feasible but he's not getting in that Man City side on the reg.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal