collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473665 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #750 on: October 06, 2019, 05:24:13 AM »
The great thing is as good as Luiz is (and he's brilliant) is that everyone is stepping up. Marvellous and Conor have stepped up in the past couple of games.
I think given the competition for lots of positions we are going to get better this season.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #751 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:09 AM »
Only just seen some of the highlights from today’s game (currently in Mexico), and another excellent goal today. Did he start the game or come on as sub?

Also don’t think it’s been mentioned, but when did Luiz have his dreads cut off?

He came on as a sub, mate. Not too sure about his dreads.

Offline KRS

« Reply #752 on: October 06, 2019, 06:52:30 AM »
His goal today was fantastic again, just like his last one it's not smashed but rather just placed into the top corner. he made it look so easy that I think a lot of people haven't appreciated just how brilliant it is.

It's something I'd like to see Jack do more of, technically.  The last few shots JG has had from outside the box, he's tried to smash the ball by striking through it to get more power and swerve.  He's so skilled and composed, I feel it'd be more effective to try and curl and place the ball ala Luiz.
Could Jacks wayward shots be something to do with the weight of the ball and how it travels? Obviously they train with the balls every day but it could take a few games to get used to it if they’ve made changes to the ball again this season. In any case, Jack has been criticised for not shooting enough in the past so I’d rather see him taking shots on whether they miss or not.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #753 on: October 06, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
His goal today was fantastic again, just like his last one it's not smashed but rather just placed into the top corner. he made it look so easy that I think a lot of people haven't appreciated just how brilliant it is.

It's something I'd like to see Jack do more of, technically.  The last few shots JG has had from outside the box, he's tried to smash the ball by striking through it to get more power and swerve.  He's so skilled and composed, I feel it'd be more effective to try and curl and place the ball ala Luiz.
Could Jacks wayward shots be something to do with the weight of the ball and how it travels? Obviously they train with the balls every day but it could take a few games to get used to it if they’ve made changes to the ball again this season. In any case, Jack has been criticised for not shooting enough in the past so I’d rather see him taking shots on whether they miss or not.

He had a nice shot on goal yesterday from outside the box, not long after his goal, which went just wide

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #754 on: October 06, 2019, 08:06:26 AM »
Jack had a few shots first half that were on their way save some decent blocks deflecting them wide.

McGinn had a curler that looked like it was heading in from our angle too.

We had so much time around their box.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #755 on: October 06, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »

I think it's his goal that I noticed that a fair few Norwich supporters appreciated it too.  You can briefly see a few applauding after it went in.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #756 on: October 06, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
Luiz is a class act. No question.
We have to find a way to include him in the side every week.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #757 on: October 06, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »

I don't think anyone doubts what a brilliantly taken goal it was.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2019, 11:12:22 AM »
I would start him over Hourihane.

He has a goal and an assist, so probably earns his place against Brighton, but off the ball I'm less convinced and his general play is a but more anonymous.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #759 on: October 06, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »
I would start him over Hourihane.

He has a goal and an assist, so probably earns his place against Brighton, but off the ball I'm less convinced and his general play is a but more anonymous.
It’s a great situation to be in and I reckon depending on who we’re playing that may well be the case of swapping these two. Marvellous has fast become one of the first names on the team sheet though along with Jack and SJM.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #760 on: October 06, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »

Yeah, I thought it was just a shit tap in from two yards out! 😉

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #761 on: October 06, 2019, 12:01:25 PM »
I’m annoyed he’s shortened his hair.  I can’t sing that Craig David song about him anymore.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #762 on: October 06, 2019, 02:40:29 PM »

Yeah, I thought it was just a shit tap in from two yards out! 😉

For Clampy too, I don't mean on here, or amongst Villa fans really. MotD didn't mention it in the studio, a few other places I've seen reports which read largely as "and Luiz scored late on as well".

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #763 on: October 25, 2019, 03:12:52 PM »
Guardiola has said Douglas would have been at Man City if it wasn't for the work permit issues:

"We have an option to get him back but sometimes life is like this. We wanted him because last season we had problems in that position because we didn’t buy a holding midfielder"

"We wanted him before so we thought about it but the rules with the work permit meant it was not possible. I thought he would be here with the pre-season he played last year in the States, he was really good. I think he had the quality to play with us but he could not do it.

"The talent is always there, we’ll see at the end of the season what his level is but the quality is always there."

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #764 on: October 25, 2019, 03:19:09 PM »
There is no clause. And Man City will only be able to sign him if he gets a work permit. Unless he becomes a Brazil regular, that likely means they would have to have him among their highest-earning players. He'd have to be bloody good for that to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal