collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 487803 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed
« Reply #585 on: August 06, 2019, 07:59:03 PM »
I am totally relaxed in the knowledge that this government has a truly amazing and unblemished immigration record.

Hopefully he will arrive by plane, and not by boat.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #586 on: August 06, 2019, 08:07:22 PM »
Yeah, it's a shame he hasn't been able to train or take part in preseason. You'd think they would have extra staff on for the last week before the deadline, at least.

Why should they go out of their way to help the football industry, though? I am sure they're overloaded as it is, work-wise.

I doubt that's the problem, though, as other players have got theirs. My worry is that we're having trouble actually getting it.

Either way, they need to get a fucking move on.

I will less than amused if they turn down his application five minutes before the deadline expires, too late for us to sign that Leeds bloke or anyone else.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »
Maybe Man City know more about his WP issues - I realise that he is more likely to get a regular place in the team at Villa than Citeh  but it seems odd that someone so apparently  well thought of isn't in their squad this season - if Citeh had issues with the WP why did we surmise we could overcome any stumbling blocks ?
From limited  footage the guy looks decent and I still hope he comes to us but he will be at least one month behind our squad in terms of fitness and team building - possibly one for January now
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:24:57 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
We thought we would be able to get a work permit while they couldn't because one of the criteria is that he must be among the top x% of wage earners at the club, which is going to be a lot easier at Villa than at Man City. If it comes down to the club having to plead their case, we would also be more able to demonstrate that he is likely to have a significant first team role.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:59:14 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2019, 08:36:38 PM »
Why can't the club issue some sort of update instead of all this speculation? He was supposedly arriving from Brazil yesterday? Something doesn't feel right with this deal.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2019, 09:14:36 PM »
According to Google Translate...

Finally with a visa, Douglas Luiz travels to perform at Aston Villa
Brazilian midfielder met technical committee in the United States, but did not train with the cast

There were 24 days of waiting since the confirmation of the hit. Hired by Aston Villa from Machester City for £ 15 million, Douglas Luiz had to wait until Monday for a work visa that will allow him to play English football. The trip from Rio de Janeiro to Birmingham will be on Tuesday night.

Douglas had medical examinations and reported to the Aston Villa coaching staff during the team's preseason in Minessota, USA, but did not even train with the cast. The group spent a week in the city and returned to England, while the steering wheel returned to Rio de Janeiro.

Douglas is released to defend Aston Villa - Photo: Press Release
In his hometown, Douglas kept fit by training on his own with the help of a personal trainer, but without any specific guidance from Aston Villa.

He believes he would be able to play for at least 45 minutes in the Premier League opening game on Saturday against Tottenham. But the immediate debut is very unlikely. Having not participated in the preseason and none of the four friendly matches played so far, the Brazilian is behind his teammates in the question of intermingling.

Despite the delay, visa issuance was received with relief. That's because the UK work permit was denied last season by the Football Association (FA) when Pep Guardiola wanted to bring him back from the Girona loan.

This time, the release to play in England was seen as much more likely because, at Aston Villa, Douglas is theoretically much more likely to become a starter than in the starring City squad.

Douglas is one of 12 reinforcements announced by the Villains to date. After three years in the second tier, the club has spent more than £ 120 million aiming to stay in the elite - the transfer window closes on Thursday. The biggest investment was striker Wesley Moraes, who was at Club Brugges in Belgium.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2019, 09:15:02 PM »
Can anyone translate this? Assume visto is a work permit?

https://globoesporte.globo.com/google/amp/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-ingles/noticia/finalmente-com-visto-douglas-luiz-viaja-para-se-apresentar-em-definitivo-ao-aston-villa.ghtml

He was still in Brazil earlier today for sure. A night flight over is certainly looking likely. I’d trust the local news report. (It basically says he was granted his WP yesterday and flying to UK tonight)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:18:23 PM by dave shelley »

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
It will be fine. Relax everyone. He will make his first appearance in the home game vs Bournemouth. Of that I am sure.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2019, 09:29:17 PM »
Visa granted!

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »
Excellent.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2019, 09:31:48 PM »
Great stuff. Potentially the most important signing we have made.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
On his way ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👍

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #599 on: August 06, 2019, 09:37:22 PM »
I bloody hope this is true! Won't believe it until he's pictured training at Bodymoor Heath.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal