collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 487676 times)

Online steamer

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #2115 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »
Often disappoints me with sloppy passes and going missing for periods after looking promising.
a 6.5 out of 10 player for me  but with the potential for more

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2116 on: January 10, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
He’s got lots of talent, but sooner or later he has to consistently deliver, and at the moment he just isn’t.

Dont think he is really a defensive midfielder.  Think he would flourish playing in one of the outside of the three midfield positions with a top class defensive midfielder playing alongside him.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2117 on: January 10, 2022, 04:27:26 PM »
He’s got lots of talent, but sooner or later he has to consistently deliver, and at the moment he just isn’t.

Dont think he is really a defensive midfielder.  Think he would flourish playing in one of the outside of the three midfield positions with a top class defensive midfielder playing alongside him.

But we have Ramsey, Sanson, McGinn, and possibly Chuck ahead of him for that position, and only one DM of any note. Hence would happily see him go and have a more balanced set of midfielders to pick from.

Same with El Ghazi and Trez who I like, but are competing for a position with better players.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2118 on: January 10, 2022, 04:34:42 PM »

But we have Ramsey, Sanson, McGinn, and possibly Chuck ahead of him for that position, and only one DM of any note. Hence would happily see him go and have a more balanced set of midfielders to pick from.

Same with El Ghazi and Trez who I like, but are competing for a position with better players.

I'm not sure the bold bit is accurate or fair, better to say as competition for him. Chuck shouldn't be included really, he's a fantastic prospect and we should be getting him game time whenever possible but as addition to the squad not a core part of it. Let Luiz go without a replacement and we're left with no midfielders on the bench if McGinn is suspended or Sanson picks up another injury, 2 things we've seen enough times to plan for.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2119 on: January 10, 2022, 04:35:01 PM »
I'd imagine no new contracts are on the table until Gerrard & co have had time to fully assess the players. My guess is by the end of the month we'll see him offered a new deal.

A few more games in January will be enough to make Gerrard's mind-up? I dunno...I'm sure Duggee will be very impressed and excited about Coutinho joining though. They all should, the mediocre shower of bastids.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2120 on: January 10, 2022, 04:44:50 PM »
Doug has been a bit unfortunate in that he's been asked to play DM more often than not.  Whilst he's made a decent fist of it at times I suspect he would be far more comfortable in a box to box role.  Stick him alongside Bissouma (or similar) and Mcginn and I think you'd see he's got a lot more to his gamne than people give him credit for.  Yes we're getting a bit crowded in that role with Ramsey and Sanson, but I really think there's a lot more to come from him yet.

I also think he'd also be very good in a double pivot role if we decided to go that route, it's just the lone DM role which I think is a bit much for him.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2121 on: January 10, 2022, 08:31:44 PM »
Doug has been a bit unfortunate in that he's been asked to play DM more often than not.  Whilst he's made a decent fist of it at times I suspect he would be far more comfortable in a box to box role.  Stick him alongside Bissouma (or similar) and Mcginn and I think you'd see he's got a lot more to his gamne than people give him credit for.  Yes we're getting a bit crowded in that role with Ramsey and Sanson, but I really think there's a lot more to come from him yet.

I also think he'd also be very good in a double pivot role if we decided to go that route, it's just the lone DM role which I think is a bit much for him.

Completely agree.  Luiz can play in all midfield positions which doesn’t easily apply to the others.  I really like him and at 23/24 there’s loads more to come, and hopefully with us.  Definitely worth a decent contract offer.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2122 on: January 10, 2022, 08:49:43 PM »
He’s no DM in terms of playing in English football anyway but once we get one in it should be the new player, McGinn and either Dougie or Ramsey for the 3rd position with Dougie currently fractionally ahead for me.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2123 on: January 10, 2022, 09:54:58 PM »
I think he's shit and would be the first out of the side if and when we have a proper replacement. 

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #2124 on: January 10, 2022, 10:00:42 PM »

I think he's shit and would be the first out of the side if and when we have a proper replacement. 

He's casual and pedestrian. Not good enough for where we want to be.

Offline colin69

« Reply #2125 on: January 10, 2022, 10:08:10 PM »
Not great tonight, but far better than either Buendia or Ings.

Cannot believe how badly we spent the Grealish money.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2126 on: January 10, 2022, 10:11:55 PM »
Dear oh dear. At one point he won the ball, ignored the space in front of him, ran round in a little circle and passed it back to a guy standing where he won the ball orginally!

Online Aldridge Villa

« Reply #2127 on: January 10, 2022, 10:15:09 PM »
Sloppy again tonight but at least he was there time and time again  to mess up unlike McGinn who was a passenger.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2128 on: January 10, 2022, 10:17:58 PM »
Yeah Mcginn was worse. Set up more attacks for them than he did us.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2129 on: January 10, 2022, 10:19:00 PM »
Every game he plays, I care slightly less if he signs a new contract or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal