collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156761 times)

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England
« Reply #1320 on: March 27, 2024, 10:03:37 AM »
In a couple of years could we maybe see Konsa and Mings play together for England?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1321 on: March 27, 2024, 10:13:02 AM »
In a couple of years could we maybe see Konsa and Mings play together for England?

Lol, in the event of injuries to Maguire, Dunk, Tomari, Colwell, Guehi and Steve Holland's as yet unkown love child maybe.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1322 on: March 27, 2024, 11:47:33 AM »

Lol, in the event of injuries to Maguire, Dunk, Tomari, Colwell, Guehi and Steve Holland's as yet unkown love child maybe.

I'd say it's unlikely Mings will play for England again. He's 31, had a year out for one of the most serious injuries a sportsman can have, and has yet to get back to playing for Villa. We don't know yet that he's going to be the same player that he was for us, before the injury.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1323 on: March 27, 2024, 12:05:16 PM »

I'd say it's unlikely Mings will play for England again. He's 31, had a year out for one of the most serious injuries a sportsman can have, and has yet to get back to playing for Villa. We don't know yet that he's going to be the same player that he was for us, before the injury.

Mind that Dunk is 32 and was never as good as Tyrone would be on one leg, so you never know.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1324 on: March 27, 2024, 12:06:41 PM »
I think after the last two games, Dunk's England career will probably take a nose dive. Unless someone suggests to Southgate that Dunk isn't very good and shouldn't be picked, in which he'll stick with him just to prove a point.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1325 on: March 27, 2024, 12:10:17 PM »
I think after the last two games, Dunk's England career will probably take a nose dive. Unless someone suggests to Southgate that Dunk isn't very good and shouldn't be picked, in which he'll stick with him just to prove a point.

I wonder if someone already has, maybe Ben White, and that's why we are where we are.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1326 on: March 27, 2024, 12:13:08 PM »
I reckon that there'll be a new manager in six months, and both Dunk and Mings will be in the old guard that are pushed out.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1327 on: March 27, 2024, 12:15:39 PM »
I reckon that there'll be a new manager in six months, and both Dunk and Mings will be in the old guard that are pushed out.

I've not given much thought to him going, who would replace him? It might work out nicely if Beheddie Howe gets the call to the embassy at Newcastle as seems likely at some point in the near future.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1328 on: March 27, 2024, 12:18:06 PM »

I wonder if someone already has, maybe Ben White, and that's why we are where we are.

What I don't get with Dunk is that he's been in poor form most of the season anyway so I don't konw how he was even in the picture, Soithgate is a really odd guy when it comes to selection.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1329 on: March 27, 2024, 12:20:41 PM »
Howe, Potter, Gary O'Neil, Carsley, Mourinho

Offline Risso

« Reply #1330 on: March 27, 2024, 12:23:34 PM »

Mings will be doing well to be playing regularly for us in 6 months. He'll be introduced gradually I reckon, but even then is probably going to have to accept that Konsa and Torres are the first choice centre back partnership now.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1331 on: March 27, 2024, 12:25:01 PM »

I'd love it to be Mourinho, I really would. Could see them going with Carsley though, as if only to prove they've made their own 'clairfontaine' with St George's Park.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1332 on: March 27, 2024, 12:33:07 PM »

I'd love it to be Mourinho, I really would. Could see them going with Carsley though, as if only to prove they've made their own 'clairfontaine' with St George's Park.

I agree re Carsley, it's what they did with Southgate. The Mourinho thing I'm not sure about. I think national sides should have all staff as well as players holding a passport from that nation. As for the others, O'Neil always strikes me as being a pretty good manager.

Online LeeB

« Reply #1333 on: March 27, 2024, 12:36:29 PM »
I don't want it be Mourinho for any just reason, more for a laugh really and to see him completely upset the 'Club England' vibe that Southgate has made his name on.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #1334 on: March 27, 2024, 12:40:12 PM »
I feel so sorry for Mings. He must have watched these matches knowing that if fit, he would have been a shoo-in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal