collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156812 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #1020 on: November 14, 2023, 04:25:41 PM »
Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on getting a first England call up: "Every since I was a little kid, I've wanted to play for England so I'm grateful for the opportunity.

"I knew I had a lot to work on in my game. Only recently, in the last two seasons, we've started to excel with Aston Villa and that part of it has helped me to become the player I am today.

"I knew my time would come but it was just a matter of when. I was patient and me and my family are really happy.

"I always believe in myself and always back myself. I'm enjoying myself at the moment and I always say the rest will take care of itself. I'm really happy now."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on being called a "quiet leader" by former club manager Dean Smith: "I'm a bit quiet, but that's something I've wanted to work on for a while. Playing alongside Tyrone Mings, he was the leader, but he's not available for the rest of the season, so I'm trying and learning.

On rumours that he could represent Portugal instead: "I do have Portuguese in me, but was nothing I was trying to pursue. Born here, always wanted to play for England.

On playing alongside the England regulars: "There's a lot of world class players here, I want to learn and improve, that's something I can definitely do here."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on targeting a spot at Euro 2024: "That's every player's target, to play in major tournaments and represent your country.

"That's definitely something on my mind and something I want to do."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on praise from former England defender John Terry: "It means a lot coming from a legend like John Terry. I worked with him for two years and he really helped my game. I asked a lot of questions on how he maintained playing at a high level for such a long time and I definitely took that advice on and it has helped me become the player I am today. He has been in touch and it was a nice little message.

"He said congratulations, enjoy it and be yourself."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on what the call up means for his family: "It means a lot to them. It wasn't easy growing up in Newham, it was tough, but having a big brother really helped me.

"He kept me grounded and helped me stay humble. I have my own little family now so I'm a family man and that's really important."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on the players he admired growing up: "John Terry, Rio Ferdinand. They were the main two. I've always wanted to be a defender, watching the Premier League with my dad and brother. They were leaders, and played for their country. That was always something I wanted to do."

On what he has learned under Villa manager Unai Emery: "His CV speaks for itself, when we heard he was coming we were really excited, knew I would develop under him. He has turned me into a man, into a leader. On the ball, being in the right positions, believing in myself and helping others around me."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on a good start to the season at club level: "It's really exciting, we're really enjoying football at the moment.

"Personally, I'm enjoying playing football at the moment and want to continue doing that."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on his first experience of the camp: "I was smiling because it's a big moment for me. I'm just excited for this week and to experience a game with my national team.

"I was driving home after my game on Sunday and me and the Mrs were talking about having a little break and going away - two minutes later I got the call.

"It was a weird feeling, it didn't really sink in until I got home."

Are you expecting to get minutes this week?: "I'm not sure, that's down to the gaffer. I just want to train well and see what happens."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on his development : "At Charlton I developed a lot, great players and coaches around me. My time at Charlton, it really helped me, I had a lot of coaches who wanted to take me to the next level.

"I was at Brentford with Dean Smith, then he took me to Villa and I haven't looked back."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on his relationship with club centre-back partner Tyrone Mings:"Not much he has said to me, we have always been close. Watching him in training and matchdays, the way he guides players, everyone is fond of him, a shame has cannot play for the rest of the season.

"The boss at Villa has really demanded that [leadership] of me, it's in my head for games and on a weekly basis on the training pitch."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on what he needs to do to be in the Euro 2024 squad: "I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and stay consistent, hopefully that will get me my chance."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on improvements in his game: "When the boss came in, that's how he wanted us to play.

"I've tried to adapt to his style and I think I'm doing pretty well.

"I watch teams like Man City and Arsenal, who play great football, and that's something I wanted to be able to do at Villa."

Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa on any messages from club-mates Tyrone Mings and Ollie Watkins: "He [Mings] said congratulations and told me to enjoy it but Ollie didn't say anything.

"[Watkins] been selected a few times and he deserves it. I'm really happy for him."

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1021 on: November 14, 2023, 09:19:46 PM »
Waiting for the Meaning Villa badge torn asunder special about Ollie Watkins' failure to WhatsApp Konsa about his call-up

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1022 on: November 14, 2023, 09:44:21 PM »
As someone said on the radio a while ago. If we win anything at National level it will be in spite of him not because of him.

Both recent "near" misses were lost due to his lack of tactics and bottle.

Palace would be ideal as they are as dull and as unimaginative as he is

I’m no great lover of Southgate, but that’s a pretty unbalanced position to take. So if we win it’s in spite of him, but if we don’t I’m sure it’ll be down to him. I think he’s lost his way in terms of what his principles were a bit, but he’s done a big job in turning England around. They were, and had been, a basket case when he came in. There were still a lot of talented players in the previous era, but he improved the culture. It’s a bit ridiculous not to acknowledge he’s achieved a fair bit.

He has the best crop of players available to him than any manager has had but his tactics are awful and his limitations as a coach are easily found out the minute he comes up against any experienced coach. Many managers have beaten minnows before.
He now has the habit of talking total bollocks albeit eloquently

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1023 on: November 14, 2023, 10:32:39 PM »
Waiting for the Meaning Villa badge torn asunder special about Ollie Watkins' failure to WhatsApp Konsa about his call-up

Probably straight after the "Konsa to ManU" article they are probably rushing to pump out...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1024 on: November 14, 2023, 10:36:34 PM »
"Harry Maguire is said to be so impressed with Konsa in England training that he's recommended him to Ten Hag as his own replacement"

Source: Football Shaunryder.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1025 on: November 14, 2023, 10:53:01 PM »
They were talking about Ezri on Talksport as I was driving back from football. Hugh Woozencroft the presenter said he was impressed with him and would like to see him starting for England.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2023, 12:57:19 AM »
Malta home Friday and North Macedonia away Monday.
I think both he and Watkins should be awarded minutes if not starts v Malta.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2023, 07:40:46 AM »
37, and the frame, Footy-Villa.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #1028 on: November 16, 2023, 06:22:01 PM »
Ha! You noticed too!!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1029 on: November 16, 2023, 07:11:26 PM »
Ha! You noticed too!!

It's hard to miss that many threads being updated in a matter of minutes, especially when there's a perfectly decent international football thread where it could all have been combined for the people that care about it. For most on here (I suspect) the only news from these breaks that they care about is:

Did they play?
Did they score/assist/clean sheet?
Are they injured?

First call up or a major recall probably is noteworthy as well but going on every thread and listing the opposition just doesn't interest many people, which is why it barely got commented on in any of the threads.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #1030 on: November 16, 2023, 07:22:27 PM »
That's what I thought! Every thread contaminated......

Offline Risso

« Reply #1031 on: November 16, 2023, 07:57:55 PM »
Ha! You noticed too!!

It's hard to miss that many threads being updated in a matter of minutes, especially when there's a perfectly decent international football thread where it could all have been combined for the people that care about it. For most on here (I suspect) the only news from these breaks that they care about is:

Did they play?
Are they injured?

First call up or a major recall probably is noteworthy as well but going on every thread and listing the opposition just doesn't interest many people, which is why it barely got commented on in any of the threads.

He's seen this on the OS:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/november/15/International-Diary--November/

and then updated every single thread.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1032 on: November 16, 2023, 08:26:37 PM »
Ha! You noticed too!!

Did they play?
Are they injured?

I must have said it a thousand times. I'm doing player-specific so that it focuses on a certain player and the thread is there to simply go to
It gets lost otherwise and surely a player thread is for that particular player.

Sharing the days, games, and dates of each player's international matches was intended to be beneficial and keep us all aware of when each of those away on international duties are involved.
I was merely attempting to bring to attention and didn't think it would only just be helpful for me but hoped it would be for others.

I don't know anymore I can't ever seen to do anything right and everyone gets annoyed! I didn't mean to annoy!

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #1033 on: November 16, 2023, 08:29:27 PM »
And still never take the hint!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1034 on: November 16, 2023, 11:32:06 PM »
Ha! You noticed too!!

Did they play?
Are they injured?

I must have said it a thousand times. I'm doing player-specific so that it focuses on a certain player and the thread is there to simply go to
It gets lost otherwise and surely a player thread is for that particular player.

Sharing the days, games, and dates of each player's international matches was intended to be beneficial and keep us all aware of when each of those away on international duties are involved.
I was merely attempting to bring to attention and didn't think it would only just be helpful for me but hoped it would be for others.

I don't know anymore I can't ever seen to do anything right and everyone gets annoyed! I didn't mean to annoy!

People don't need the help.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal