collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156775 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2022, 10:20:06 PM »
Just got in and watched the goals again. Konsa has had a nightmare to be honest, majorly at fault for three of the goals. Time for a spell on the bench.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #661 on: April 09, 2022, 10:26:39 PM »
Which goal was he at fault for?

You could probably name any of them SHQ but generally for me, it was the lack of engagement, the poor header, not being tough enough with Kane etc.  If you watch all four goals back, you will see several errors from several players but Konsa was also in the thick of it.

Well first to me was just hitting Cash in the balls and ball rebounding to Son who finished it well, second was a very well placed shot from Kuluveski, third was Son moving early and getting away from Cash and fourth was a cutback with our heads dropped.

Chambers was unlucky to lose his place though, that's a fair point considering we were keeping clean sheets with him in there.

I respect your views but there are elements in all four goals where many of the players, including Konsa could have done so much better.  Perform better with the first header, send the ball wide for example, and Kane doesn't get the shot off.  Bad day at the office as he is usually much more reliable.

Yeah my point was more these weren't tap ins for Son, he still had to finish the chances from edge of the box. It's not like Konsa just underhit backpasses like Mings does a couple of times a season.

For example Ollie had that free header from six yards he should've buried so could say one of Romero/Dier were at fault for that and a few of the other chances we created but both had solid games.

It's interesting what we do at CB. Let's say the average Joe Gomez is a target, that would be three RCBs into the mix so would feel lopsided. Surely we need some competition for Mings more with Hause not even making the bench these days.

Konsa hasn't been as good as last season but feels to me kneejerk to sell him unless he really wants to go as I think with patience he'll come good again consistently.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2022, 10:27:53 PM »
Just got in and watched the goals again. Konsa has had a nightmare to be honest, majorly at fault for three of the goals. Time for a spell on the bench.

I think that’s it. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad player or he needs to be sold - but it’s players need to be benched sometimes. Both for their own good, but also to refocus them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2022, 10:31:13 PM »

I think that’s it. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad player or he needs to be sold - but it’s players need to be benched sometimes. Both for their own good, but also to refocus them.

Yep. This is his first major dip in form, but he needs a spell on the bench.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2022, 11:00:46 PM »
Second goal he dosen't get off the ground at all, he's never been great at winning headers tbh which is why we regularly struggled first season back whenever Mings wasn't around.

That said Cash could've still toed it away and then shot just goes through Mings.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #665 on: April 10, 2022, 12:12:36 AM »

Yep, if Mings had a game like that we'd have 4-5 pages demanding he gets sold, oonsa was terrible today and deserves to be dropped for it, right now Chambers is a far better option.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #666 on: April 10, 2022, 01:23:04 AM »
Terrible today but Chambers is not the solution.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #667 on: April 10, 2022, 10:00:27 AM »
I think he's another who is suffering with the new system.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #668 on: April 10, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »

I don't know. He came in for those few games and didn't do too much wrong. He was unlucky to be dropped.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #669 on: April 10, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
I think he's another who is suffering with the new system.

I have no idea what has happened to him but it seems a stretch to blame a new system for him making elementary mistakes in match after match. I like to think of it as a temporary loss of form which can happen to anyone but he, judged by his own previous high standards, has been poor all season

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #670 on: April 10, 2022, 12:01:33 PM »

Played 4 games and conceded 2...Konsa has been woeful 2 in a row now. Very unlike him. Mings does Mings things and I've given up hoping for consistency from him.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #671 on: April 10, 2022, 12:43:39 PM »
 You absolutely have to drop Konsa after that abject performance.  I don't care what the options are. Anything else sends entirely the wrong message.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #672 on: April 10, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »
Seems to be suffering from not having JT working with the defence this season.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #673 on: April 10, 2022, 03:52:12 PM »

That's a reach!

Offline achilles

« Reply #674 on: April 10, 2022, 04:04:59 PM »

I think that if anything we have far too many 'football' coaches at the moment, which might be confusing things at the training ground!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal