collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 156418 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2021, 07:50:21 AM »
Normally I doubt worry about refs decisions as some go for you and some don't (Kevin Friend aside that is).

But that Ings tackle that wasn't given was scarily bad.  If you're not even seeing those it's time to seriously consider another career.

Agree, it could've been a red card. But not even a yellow and no free kick? Ridiculously bad.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2021, 08:18:25 AM »
The Konsa one for the corner too. Both Wissa. He committed about 7 fouls in ten minutes without a booking, including a couple of real off ones.

Mind you if VAR didn't pick up on Pogba tagging Neves yesterday what hope is there.

Online nigel

« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2021, 08:32:49 AM »

But that Ings tackle that wasn't given was scarily bad.  If you're not even seeing those it's time to seriously consider another career.

I think he played ‘advantage’ which it hardly was, as whoever had the ball also had 3 of their players on him.
This advantage rule seems to be a get out of jail free card for the refs. They should have to allow at least half a dozen passes before it’s deemed a true advantage.
Flippin heck, in rugby you can go a couple of minutes and it’s still bought back to the original offence.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2021, 08:36:18 AM »
I watched a bit of Leeds Burnley yesterday, there was an incident in the box from a corner. The corner had to be retaken because of the usual pushing and shoving etc. It was one lad in particular and even a Leeds player had to calm down his team mate a bit. You’d have thought after a warning from the ref this was going to be watched as soon as the corner retaken. The Leeds player then pulled down the same player with his shirt and absolutely nothing was done. It was blatant and because of the previous you’d think it would be dealt with.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2021, 03:05:48 AM »
DS “he’s knees not to bad” very worrying indeed

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #575 on: August 31, 2021, 09:22:57 AM »
I've long given up trusting any Dean Smith absence report. He probably still thinks Glenn Miller will be back soon.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #576 on: August 31, 2021, 09:27:59 AM »
"Rob Scott has been doing some work with ice packs and should be back soon"

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #577 on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
I've long given up trusting any Dean Smith absence report. He probably still thinks Glenn Miller will be back soon.

Buddy Holly is flying back from rehab as we speak.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #578 on: September 10, 2021, 04:23:42 AM »
Encouraging that Ezri is shown out on the training pitch in a photo on twitter. Although his left knee is shown taped up - rumoured MCL injury (Medial Collateral Ligament). Hopefully it's just a strain.....we await Dean Smith's update in the press conference later.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:08:39 AM by Villafirst »

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #579 on: September 10, 2021, 07:11:22 AM »
Encouraging that Ezri is shown out on the training pitch in a photo on twitter. Although his left knee is shown taped up - rumoured MCL injury (Medial Collateral Ligament). Hopefully it's just a strain.....we await Dean Smith's update in the press conference later.
... to learn what, exactly?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #580 on: September 10, 2021, 07:45:52 AM »
"Yeah, no, Trez is still a few months away from doing any work on grass, and Martinez won't be back from Croatia. That's it." *Looks nervously at camera, chews lip, hides team list for Saturday under folded arms like a 12 year old shielding his exam paper*

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #581 on: September 10, 2021, 09:33:51 AM »
"Yeah, no, Trez is still a few months away from doing any work on grass, and Martinez won't be back from Croatia. That's it." *Looks nervously at camera, chews lip, hides team list for Saturday under folded arms like a 12 year old shielding his exam paper*

I just need to hear at today's press conference Dean letting us know who is 'loading' and who is not?  Should then be easy enough to work out who plays tomorrow.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #582 on: September 10, 2021, 09:48:49 AM »

If they've got him out training then it won't have been anything more than that, that's one of the ligaments I've torn in the past and for that specifically you just have no strength in the joint for ages, I remember it feeling like my knee was going to buckle inwards just walking around with a full brace, there's no way you'd be running about with the little bit of strapping he had on if it was much more than a tweak.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #583 on: September 10, 2021, 11:42:29 AM »
Assume it will be Axel-Mings tomorrow.

That said Hause did very well in both Chelsea games last season. No Giroud anymore but Lukaku is obviously a massive threat if he plays aerially.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #584 on: September 10, 2021, 11:47:32 AM »
Assume it will be Axel-Mings tomorrow.

That said Hause did very well in both Chelsea games last season. No Giroud anymore but Lukaku is obviously a massive threat if he plays aerially.

Has DS mentioned Konsa's fitness in his press conference?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 11:50:26 AM by Villafirst »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal