collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/20  (Read 169492 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Season Tickets 2019/20
« Reply #435 on: June 26, 2019, 12:21:40 PM »
How is the atmosphere at the Camp Nou for run of the mill games, does anyone know?

Absolutely crap.

I was there a few years ago for a game against one of the perrenial strugglers in La Liga - Rayo Vallecano or someone like that - spoke to a "member" on the metro over there before the game and asked him what he thought the result would be.  "Four or five nil" came the response, completely matter-of-factly.

Barca won 3-0 in the end.  Messi scored 2.  And the crowd sat there in near silence (except for the 30 seconds after each goal) just waiting for and expecting the inevitable thrashing to be dished out.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #436 on: June 26, 2019, 01:26:58 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of the relocation day? I only want to move one seat to the left, one of the three of us couldn’t renew and his ticket was in the middle. How busy does it get, is there any benefit in getting there half an hour early?

I’ve only relocated over the phone which was pretty easy and probably the easiest way for you too as you already know what you want. 

Offline shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #437 on: June 26, 2019, 02:37:52 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of the relocation day? I only want to move one seat to the left, one of the three of us couldn’t renew and his ticket was in the middle. How busy does it get, is there any benefit in getting there half an hour early?

I posted earlier with regard to my son's similar dilemma.

We got in touch with the ticket office, and they were happy to move his friend from the Holte to the North under the provision that we got written, signed permission from the original seat holder that he wasn't renewing.

Maybe worth trying a similar approach

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #438 on: June 26, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »

I posted earlier with regard to my son's similar dilemma.

We got in touch with the ticket office, and they were happy to move his friend from the Holte to the North under the provision that we got written, signed permission from the original seat holder that he wasn't renewing.

Maybe worth trying a similar approach

Thanks, I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #439 on: June 26, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »
The smart thing to have done would have been to arrange some kind of deal with the future rebuilt Alexander Stadium so we move in there for a year starting 2022 while Villa Park gets 2 new stands built and everything in and around the stadium is sorted properly rather than a rush job or just bits and pieces at a time.
Totally agree with you. A long term strategy for development is essential. For now a total rebuild of the North stand is vital. It's one of the worst "ends" in the premier league and no longer befitting our status as a top flight club. A shiny new stand holding 11/12,000 should be a straightforward task adding 4/5000 to the capacity without the need to fill in the corners. This would give Villa Park a much needed facelift and bring the capacity to around 47,000. It's a total no brainer for me. In the long term the stadium infrastructure and facilities can be addressed by proper careful planning.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:31:43 PM by The Edge »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2019, 07:37:05 PM »
I would like to see us expand and accept the North Stand is in the firing line, but I don't get the hate for it, I think it's a brutalist masterpiece.

Plus hardly anyone was building stands in that area, it's kind of unique.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #441 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:30 PM »
I would like to see us expand and accept the North Stand is in the firing line, but I don't get the hate for it, I think it's a brutalist masterpiece.

The goalpost design was groundbreaking at the time but that was in the 70's. Things have moved on a tad since. The facilities are appalling and leg room is horrendous. The view however from the upper section is pretty damn good. But looking at it from the outside with the grubby rough finish to the concrete and those dark red window frames it just looks horrible. A brutalist masterpiece you say, surely thats a contradiction in terms? Only kidding each to their own and all that but in my view it had its day 25 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:15:11 AM by The Edge »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »
It's fairly brutal alright.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »
The design of the North stand lasted about 10 years tops before it looked dated. In some ways it is iconic as I’m struggling to think of many others like it but it should be pulled down and buried in our history. I’ve sat in it I think three times in my supporting life and it makes the Witton Lane stand seem luxurious it’s that bad.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2019, 10:54:39 AM »

I'm with you. It was the blueprint for so many other clubs' stands and led the way in may aspects of stadium design - The "AV" lettering in the seats was the first at a football ground, double decker executive boxes were a first, the "goal post" design. Within a few years of it being built, similar design aspects from the North stand seemed to spring up all over the country - Forest, Sheffield United, Spurs.....

It's small, cramped and out dated but when it's gone, it's gone forever.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »
Good, its shit.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #446 on: June 27, 2019, 12:43:41 PM »
I would like us to do something with the back of the Trinity.  All that metal sheeting is

so ugly .  Surely we could replace this with images of players and managers of the

past .  but in almost like a silver foil format, as they do with the coins??   

Offline The Edge

« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »
Good, its shit.
Good point well made

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #448 on: June 27, 2019, 08:51:34 PM »

It’s a Picasso in a world full of Constable’s

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #449 on: June 27, 2019, 10:54:07 PM »
I appreciate beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but sadly it's not just something we just look at; people pay to sit in it, and it's an absolute dump.

The facade is ugly but that's trivial really, it's the shocking state of the concourses and toilets that bother me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal