collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
September 23, 2020, 08:37:01 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 265 | Comments: 1

Players in England first offic...
September 20, 2020, 01:40:06 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 639 | Comments: 5

The commentators in the nation...
September 19, 2020, 06:29:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 586 | Comments: 4

The big news since last season...
September 02, 2020, 10:10:15 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1037 | Comments: 14

After the deflating experience...
August 31, 2020, 10:22:32 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 642 | Comments: 2

Late on Friday evening 3rd Sep...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Johan Lange - appointed  (Read 5940 times)

Online john e

• GM : 24.01.21
Re: Johan Lange - appointed
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »
Hope heís a good one

itís not a statement of intent appointment a bloke thatís been rummaging around the Scandinavia leagues
but hey letís hope he can take us to the next level although Iím not filled with confidence

Offline algy

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »
Hope heís a good one

itís not a statement of intent appointment a bloke thatís been rummaging around the Scandinavia leagues
but hey letís hope he can take us to the next level although Iím not filled with confidence
He's basically heading up the scouting/recruitment side.  I'm not sure how useful it is to have someone who's able to tell you that Neymar and Messi are half decent footballers.  You want them to be able to pick up good players for less than they're actually worth, simple as that.  He seems to have a good track record of that, which personally I'd prefer over someone who's a big name but doesn't have the track record.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2020, 09:48:48 AM »
I don't know a thing about him apart from the article someone posted up so I'll reserve judgement and let him crack on with it. Hope it works out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »
Hope heís a good one

He can't be any worse than Suso though John.  I hope he's here to work WITH Smith, rather than imposing an array of mediocre plodders from Belgium on him as appeared to be the case with Pitarch.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »
Smith used to have good links to the Danish League as Benham owns Middtylands or whatever they are called.  Maybe he knows him.

Online john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »
Hope heís a good one

He can't be any worse than Suso though John.  I hope he's here to work WITH Smith, rather than imposing an array of mediocre plodders from Belgium on him as appeared to be the case with Pitarch.

is this the Smith who was sitting down with Drinkwater thinking he was one of the the answers to our season or the Smith that constantly played Taylor & Hause before Guilbert & Target

his judgment of a player is not all it should be either

Offline in exile

• GM : 10.07.2021
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
Hope heís a good one

is this the Smith who was sitting down with Drinkwater thinking he was one of the the answers to our season or the Smith that constantly played Taylor & Hause before Guilbert & Target

his judgment of a player is not all it should be either
That's the one John

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2020, 11:32:08 AM »
Well I hope he's not the Scandinavian Steve round (who I see is now at cup finalist Arsenal alongside Arteta, Everton connection)
Round was the assistant manager at Premier League sides Everton & Manchester United and Director of Football at Aston Villa.

This Lange chap was an assistant manager at wolves to Ex Wimbledon player StŚle Solbakken they took over and did 6 months in championship before getting dismissed. This was following on after wolves relegated in 2012-13 the Danish pair were the great hope to see them back up.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:34:33 AM by Vill I An »

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2020, 12:37:42 PM »
When Terry moves off to be Head Coach somewhere, how about Martin Laursen as Defensive Coach?

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:09 PM »
When Terry moves off to be Head Coach somewhere, how about Martin Laursen as Defensive Coach?

If nothing else, we'd score a few from corners

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

If nothing else, we'd score a few from corners
Mings,Engells and Konsa have all chipped in with the odd goal last term but I'd like to see more from them.

If we sort the attack out properly, we could become a force.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2020, 02:30:31 PM »
Slightly sentimental but - yes! - I'd love to see his unbridled enthusiasm on the bench.
However, what is he doing now? - is he involved anywhere since he resigned his manger  role in 2012?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2020, 10:30:27 PM »
Matt Kendrick interviewed him on the Claret and Blue podcast a few months ago. I canít remember much as it was quite boring compared to most of the other ones theyíve done.

It mostly involved him talking about his earlier years and that he was good mates with Mellberg and his wife and used to kip on their sofa a lot. I think he ended up marrying her sister. That was about as exciting as it got.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:44:17 AM by robbo1874 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal