collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215489 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #870 on: August 19, 2019, 11:37:17 PM »
I like it when T-shirt vendors put a photo or a table with the width and length of the garment in cm along with the size (in bold in case Mr Kappa or the YTS lad at the Villa online shop is reading). It is the best way of knowing if the item has a circumference which is sufficient to cover my impressive gut and ample bits of overhanging love handle action.

I bet an XXXL from Kappa would be tight on me and send me into a deep depressive state.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #871 on: August 20, 2019, 08:58:45 AM »
I’ve never been a fan of Kappa either so I’m not going to defend any of the issues that we have seen repeatedly complained about regarding the kits. All I know is that I always try something on before buying in a shop, and if I order something online that doesn’t fit then I send it back for refund or exchange.
So what sensible business produces a product where the sizing is so far out from a typical UK standard that the vast majority will need to be returned - inconveniencing both the consumer and vendor?  Add into the mix that a good proportion of shirts will have been personalised, it's just terrible business.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #872 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »
Don't worry! Next year will be post-Brexit and the kits will probably be made by John Justin.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #873 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
I’ve never been a fan of Kappa either so I’m not going to defend any of the issues that we have seen repeatedly complained about regarding the kits. All I know is that I always try something on before buying in a shop, and if I order something online that doesn’t fit then I send it back for refund or exchange.
So what sensible business produces a product where the sizing is so far out from a typical UK standard that the vast majority will need to be returned - inconveniencing both the consumer and vendor?  Add into the mix that a good proportion of shirts will have been personalised, it's just terrible business.

Yep. Can't see many copying it as a business model.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #874 on: August 20, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »

Yep.  Obviously one of the advantages of shopping on line is that you'd don't have to waste half your day driving into town, finding somewhere to park and then traipsing round.  I simply buy everything online, and have never had anything that's an XL or equivalent from any brand that doesn't fit.  As you say, if you've had a Villa shirt personalised you can't take it back anyway, and even if you haven't, you've then got the hassle of packaging it back up, and going to the post office and sending it back.  Bollocks to that.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #875 on: August 20, 2019, 12:26:26 PM »
Don't worry! Next year will be post-Brexit and the kits will probably be made by John Justin.
Is he related to Justin Time

Offline KRS

« Reply #876 on: August 20, 2019, 01:04:33 PM »
Apologies for quoting myself but...
I’ve never been a fan of Kappa either so I’m not going to defend any of the issues that we have seen repeatedly complained about regarding the kits.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #877 on: August 20, 2019, 01:11:02 PM »
What is so wrong with setting up a distribution system so that fans can go and try/buy in a store other than VP? Surely whatever additional income from being the sole outlet are impacted by the costs incurred with all the returns/refunds/time and other such aggro?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #878 on: August 20, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the page on the Kappa site where our shirts sans sponsor are available? Can only see Betis.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #879 on: August 20, 2019, 05:13:12 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the page on the Kappa site where our shirts sans sponsor are available? Can only see Betis.

https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html

You can get ours directly from Kappa without the sponsor, but it'll set you back about £100.

Sounds reasonable. 🤔

Last night it was available on www.kappastore.co.uk

£80, free delivery over £70, 10% off first order so the expensive version without sponsor £72 delivered.

I was going to call kitbag today to ask to cancel my regular shirt, thought worth the extra for no sponsor, but they’ve been frustratingly efficient and despatched.

Now it’s been taken off the  UK site, so on
https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html
 it’s €110 -10% (code KAPPA4YOU) & free DHL= €99 =£89

Small print does say something about duty charges being recipient’s responsibility, I’m not clear where this would be dispatched from, but could be 20% plus admin fee if got hit for that I guess. Has anybody ordered?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #880 on: August 20, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »
Ta, just shows the home one though.

Offline purpletrousers

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #882 on: August 20, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
These are the expensive athlete versions that presumably you'd need to check fit at stadium store; I checked the discount above still works. I'm not sure if we know anyone that  has ordered from here and got them without ad, but if I'd presume you get what's in the image.

Offline KRS

« Reply #883 on: August 20, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »
A friend of mine was wearing the home elite bought from Kappa without the logo. He was very happy with it, and it looked bang on the money to me with none of the issues described in this thread.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #884 on: August 20, 2019, 09:50:11 PM »
These are the expensive athlete versions that presumably you'd need to check fit at stadium store; I checked the discount above still works. I'm not sure if we know anyone that  has ordered from here and got them without ad, but if I'd presume you get what's in the image.

I ordered these for my brother and nephew. The quality is excellent, and they look loads better minus the sponsor too. Interestingly they also arrived from France within three days, even using their economy delivery...my mate waited two weeks for his from the Villa online store!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal