collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 215549 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2019, 08:34:51 PM »
Fair dos, actually a pretty decent campaign from paddy power. Get all their bang for buck at the start with all the news coverage, so can afford not to stick their name on the shirts. I didn’t realise they had spoken against intrusive shirt sponsors.

Offline nigel

« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »
I hardly ever buy Villa kit from Villa and never with a sponsor on the shirt (other than the Acorns shirt).
The experiences above from Edvard, PM#5S and others are just not acceptable. As someone who used to be in consumer marketing, it brings the tears to my eyes to read about such inattention to consumer needs ... like, basic sizing and correct order-fulfilment!
After all this time in the consumption era of football gazillions, you'd expect the basics of customer satisfaction to be right.

When's the next fans-forum with the club?

Where do you get them without sponsor?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2019, 08:54:27 PM »
https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html

You can get ours directly from Kappa without the sponsor, but it'll set you back about £100.

Sounds reasonable. 🤔

Last night it was available on www.kappastore.co.uk

£80, free delivery over £70, 10% off first order so the expensive version without sponsor £72 delivered.

I was going to call kitbag today to ask to cancel my regular shirt, thought worth the extra for no sponsor, but they’ve been frustratingly efficient and despatched.

Now it’s been taken off the  UK site, so on
https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html
 it’s €110 -10% (code KAPPA4YOU) & free DHL= €99 =£89

Small print does say something about duty charges being recipient’s responsibility, I’m not clear where this would be dispatched from, but could be 20% plus admin fee if got hit for that I guess. Has anybody ordered?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2019, 09:11:39 PM »
How much? For a shirt? Fucking hell.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »
With that one does it actually confirm that there will be no sponsor on it? I just thought they had the photo prepared before the sponsorship announcement but when you receive it then it will have the sponsor on it? Any way of peeling it off anyway from the standard one purchased at the shop?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:15:51 PM by wozwebs »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2019, 09:14:56 PM »
I hardly ever buy Villa kit from Villa and never with a sponsor on the shirt (other than the Acorns shirt).
The experiences above from Edvard, PM#5S and others are just not acceptable. As someone who used to be in consumer marketing, it brings the tears to my eyes to read about such inattention to consumer needs ... like, basic sizing and correct order-fulfilment!
After all this time in the consumption era of football gazillions, you'd expect the basics of customer satisfaction to be right.

Classic shirts before the age of sponsorship.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:54 PM »
How much? For a shirt? Fucking hell.

I agree, this is my version of a midlife crisis, and having gone in for £50, somehow decided it might be justifiable to pay yet more not to be a walking billboard. I’m preferring the idea of getting shot of some coconut oil that’s been in the cupboard for a while though.

Slightly more concerned if my shirt will be too small from the above descriptions...

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2019, 09:48:43 PM »
People are asking for over £100 on ebay for last seasons shirt.  There's an away with tags for £195 and a second hand home one for £120!

My little girl’s first games last season and her first shirt, complete with McGinn 7. Think that’ll be a v special shirt in years to come.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2019, 12:16:29 AM »
The home kit looks absolutely fine, judging from the pics from the Minnesota game.

Jota-Minnesota" border="0

It's that oversized bollocks of a sponsor that ruins it.

Offline kieron

« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
Black shirt is now small only on the web site. 🙄

Offline nigel

« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »

Classic shirts before the age of sponsorship.

Ah, misunderstanding,  thought you meant you could get the up to date ones without, too

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2019, 03:36:33 PM »
Wearing the (regular version of) the new home kit as we speak. Quality not as good as last year's and the fit is definitely a lot more snug as expected from Kappa so I should probably have squeezed my expanding gut into a Large, but it's fine. The non-rubber stitched badge still has some interesting texture on the lion if you care about that sort of thing, overall I don't mind the cut - even at the shoulders, strange as the seams are - but agree that the sponsor is much too big.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2019, 03:49:51 PM »
Anyone know if the shop has the new keepers top in a variety of sizes in store?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »
if you order a shirt on line with a name on the back how long does it take for delivery

anyone know ?

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #644 on: July 20, 2019, 04:36:13 PM »
if you order a shirt on line with a name on the back how long does it take for delivery

anyone know ?

If your name is Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink I would imagine about eighteen months!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal