collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 214064 times)

Offline kieron

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html

You can get ours directly from Kappa without the sponsor, but it'll set you back about £100.

Sounds reasonable. 🤔

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
How on earth can they justify that price  :o

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2019, 10:20:35 AM »
Greedy fuckers.

Offline mike

« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
I must say, my kids' ones with no sponsor on look great. It's not just that I don't like the fact it's a betting company, it just looks better.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »
https://www.kappastore.eu/camiseta-de-juego-kombat-pro-aston-villa-fc-home-19-20-113089.html

You can get ours directly from Kappa without the sponsor, but it'll set you back about £100.

Sounds reasonable. 🤔
F... - I ordered the Kombat Fit from our site - with sponsor, if I knew it was possible without, I would have gone for this - looks great without.

Offline mike

« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »

Sounds reasonable. 🤔
F... - I ordered the Kombat Fit from our site - with sponsor, if I knew it was possible without, I would have gone for this - looks great without.

Return it!

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2019, 11:08:38 AM »
Just been to the shop for gear for my holders, got a pair of shorts .Kids training gear is in but hardly any of the adults. Lost a sale to me.
And the away shirt is nice but the claret shorts are the wrong colour

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »
How on earth can they justify that price  :o

Not that I'm saying this justifies it but the one on sale there is the one the players wear, not a replica that is meant for supporters. The player issued stuff is always more expensive. Nike, Puma, Adidas and the like do the same.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2019, 06:30:40 PM »
Been up there today to get the lad a new shirt. He's 13, fairly tall for his age, and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. Looked in the kids section to get him a shirt, Age 14 shirt tried on despite it looking a bit small - and it was, it would have probably fitted my 9 year old daughter. No bigger kids sizes are made than the 14 years so I then had to have the moral dilemma of getting him an 'adult' shirt with that fucking monstrosity of a gambling site on the shirt. He tried on the small mens shirt and that wasn't great, he ended up with a Mens Medium size shirt. I couldn't help but rant at the staff, it is so, so wrong that I've got a Villa mad 13 year old kid wanting a shirt and I can't purchase him a blank one. I ranted at the staff about it who acknowledge they "come up small". I know it isn't the staff on duty at fault of course but it isn't right. I was told that they're not meant to knowingly sell a shirt with gambling sites on them to a 13 year old.

A fella next to me was trying on a shirt, of medium physique he ended up having to buy an XL shirt. This Kappa deal may well be a great deal for the club financially, and the sponsors may well be chucking us a load of money but the shirts (and Kappa) are absolute shit with the sizing. They come up so small. 

Really, really disappointed with this as there clearly is no intention of having a 'youth' 13-17 year old option of plain replica shirt. Last year the lad had all 3 Luke kits and they were superb. This won't happen this year.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:45:38 PM by PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
I guess combatis the figure hugging version

Online Smirker

« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »
Been up there today to get the lad a new shirt. He's 13, fairly tall for his age, and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. Looked in the kids section to get him a shirt, Age 14 shirt tried on despite it looking a bit small - and it was, it would have probably fitted my 9 year old daughter. No bigger kids sizes are made than the 14 years that so I then had to have the moral dilemma of getting him an 'adult' shirt with that fucking monstrosity of a gambling site on the shirt. He tried on the small mens shirt and that wasn't great, he ended up with a Mens Medium size shirt. I couldn't help but rant at the staff, it is so, so wrong that I've got a Villa mad 13 year old kid wanting a shirt and I can't purchase him a blank one. I ranted at the staff about it who acknowledge they "come up small". I know it isn't the staff on duty at fault of course but it isn't right. I was told that they're not meant to knowingly sell a shirt with gambling sites on them to a 13 year old.

A fella next to me was trying on a shirt, of medium physique he ended up having to buy an XL shirt. This Kappa deal may well be a great deal for the club financially, and the sponsors may well be chucking us a load of money but the shirts (and Kappa) are absolute shit with the sizing. They come up so small. 

Really, really disappointed with this as there clearly is no intention of having a 'youth' 13-17 year old option of plain replica shirt. Last year the lad had all 3 Luke kits and they were superb. This won't happen this year.

I agree it needs sorting. Hopefully we won't be with Kappa for long and we can switch to a decent manufacturer such as Adidas or Umbro.

I know it isn't ideal but retro is always an option and the club do have some beautiful Umbro 80s shirts.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
Been up there today to get the lad a new shirt. He's 13, fairly tall for his age, and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him. Looked in the kids section to get him a shirt, Age 14 shirt tried on despite it looking a bit small - and it was, it would have probably fitted my 9 year old daughter. No bigger kids sizes are made than the 14 years that so I then had to have the moral dilemma of getting him an 'adult' shirt with that fucking monstrosity of a gambling site on the shirt. He tried on the small mens shirt and that wasn't great, he ended up with a Mens Medium size shirt. I couldn't help but rant at the staff, it is so, so wrong that I've got a Villa mad 13 year old kid wanting a shirt and I can't purchase him a blank one. I ranted at the staff about it who acknowledge they "come up small". I know it isn't the staff on duty at fault of course but it isn't right. I was told that they're not meant to knowingly sell a shirt with gambling sites on them to a 13 year old.

I agree it needs sorting. Hopefully we won't be with Kappa for long and we can switch to a decent manufacturer such as Adidas or Umbro.

I know it isn't ideal but retro is always an option and the club do have some beautiful Umbro 80s shirts.

I hear you, and I have only purchased retro in the last few years, however 13 year old kids want the latest stuff. I even tried to coax him into having the advert free training clobber instead, but once again the sizing was an issue as he needed mens sizes in the Krapper stuff.

Online Smirker

« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
The Paddy Power stunt is part of a campaign they are trying to encourage the end of shirt sponsorship apparently.

Article and pictures of all the PL home kits without sponsorship - https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/how-all-20-premier-league-home-shirts-would-look-without-sponsors-236943

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #628 on: July 19, 2019, 06:58:55 PM »
I hardly ever buy Villa kit from Villa and never with a sponsor on the shirt (other than the Acorns shirt).
The experiences above from Edvard, PM#5S and others are just not acceptable. As someone who used to be in consumer marketing, it brings the tears to my eyes to read about such inattention to consumer needs ... like, basic sizing and correct order-fulfilment!
After all this time in the consumption era of football gazillions, you'd expect the basics of customer satisfaction to be right.

When's the next fans-forum with the club?

Offline wombat

« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2019, 07:28:35 PM »
The Paddy Power stunt is part of a campaign they are trying to encourage the end of shirt sponsorship apparently.

Article and pictures of all the PL home kits without sponsorship - https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/how-all-20-premier-league-home-shirts-would-look-without-sponsors-236943

Looking at those... Watford.... good grief what were they thinking!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal