collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213945 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #840 on: August 19, 2019, 12:48:21 PM »
I do like the third kit.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #841 on: August 19, 2019, 12:50:01 PM »
I was actually surprised at how good the Kappa replica and training kits looked at the game given how much criticism they’ve received on here. A friend was wearing the elite without the sponsor logo...it looked good with no manufacturing defects. May be some of the batches have inconsistencies, and there’s nothing you can do about ppl buying and keeping a wrong size shirt.

How can I get one of these "without the sponsor logo", please?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #842 on: August 19, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
I was actually surprised at how good the Kappa replica and training kits looked at the game given how much criticism they’ve received on here. A friend was wearing the elite without the sponsor logo...it looked good with no manufacturing defects. May be some of the batches have inconsistencies, and there’s nothing you can do about ppl buying and keeping a wrong size shirt.

The pro kits were/are available on the Kappa site.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #843 on: August 19, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »

The pro kits were/are available on the Kappa site.

Nice one. Thanks.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #844 on: August 19, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »
If a big name like Nike or Adidas had released our kits everyone on here would be saying how great they were.

How on earth would that've made any difference to the shit designs?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #845 on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »
They aren't shit, and people wouldn't have been saying they were if a bigger name (or a so-called "Villa fan" who doesn't like Villa home colours) had designed them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #846 on: August 19, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »
I can't speak for anybody else, but yes I would.  The shirts are horrible, and so badly made it untrue.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #847 on: August 19, 2019, 03:13:46 PM »
They aren't shit, and people wouldn't have been saying they were if a bigger name (or a so-called "Villa fan" who doesn't like Villa home colours) had designed them.

Surely by that logic the only reason you didn't like last season's is because it wasn't make by Nike or Adidas? Or would you not have liked it regardless of who made it, same as some people don't like this season's regardless of who made it?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #848 on: August 19, 2019, 03:50:29 PM »
It is plain for anyone to see that the fit and quality of this years shirts is awful.  By fit I don't just mean sizing, I mean the whole fit including the daft crumpled shoulders.  The colours and designs are fine in my view, but the actual shirts are absolutely shoddy and the fact they are having to replace so many is a clear sign of that.  The difference in quality from last year is ridiculous.

The sizing fiasco is crazy and could have been easily avoided.  Yes they are an Italian brand and Italian sizes tend to come up smaller, but they are supplying a UK market.  Labelling shirts 1-2 sizes smaller than what the customer is used to was bound to end up in tears, particulaly when so much of the market is on-line.  Couldn't anyone forsee this?

Add to that that yet again a supplier hasn't managed to keep up with demand then in my view the whole shirt release has been a bit of a disaster.  I'm not sure why we seem to find it so hard to get this right.  Hopefully next year we'll be back to a decent supplier who can provide a quality product and who will be fully briefed on likely demand.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #849 on: August 19, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »
What's the crumpled shit shoulder thing? I must have missed it...

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #850 on: August 19, 2019, 04:01:01 PM »
One day, we'll have a classic Villa kit available for sale in June, and still available in the shops (not just Villa Park, ones where you can actually try on so you know it fits) by Christmas.  Then  we'll know we've made it.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #851 on: August 19, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
I couldnt even get in the shop Saturday as the queue was that long. I assume the shirts must be selling well then if they are available.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #852 on: August 19, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »
What's the crumpled shit shoulder thing? I must have missed it...

It's the way the seam sticks up above the shoulders.  It's pretty obvious on most photos of the shirt and it has been mentioned several times in this thread, including a post by Risso which you responded to

That’s proper shit. Would you be happy to just exchange it or are there other quality issues with the kit?

Just an exchange I suppose.  The diagonal white lines on the front look really shit as well, very cheaply printed.  The blue on the front is printed as well, so is a different shade of light blue from the sleeves and the back.  Not a 'fault' as such, but it looks really cheap, as does the stupid way the shoulders have been stitched together.  The sizing is all wrong as well.  I've had an XL for the last few years with no issues at all, and the Luke kit fitted perfectly.  I got an XXL this time, and it's noticably smaller than an XL, so I'd say it's a L by last year's standards.  It makes the Macron kit look like it was put together by Versace.  Absolute garbage, I really do hope it's a one year contract.

It's the remaining time on the Fanatics contract. They are making and distributing them again this year but with Kappa logo.

I think there's another year of the deal and then Kappa will make them for the remainder of their deal..

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #853 on: August 19, 2019, 06:07:01 PM »
It is plain for anyone to see that the fit and quality of this years shirts is awful.  By fit I don't just mean sizing, I mean the whole fit including the daft crumpled shoulders.  The colours and designs are fine in my view, but the actual shirts are absolutely shoddy and the fact they are having to replace so many is a clear sign of that.  The difference in quality from last year is ridiculous.

The sizing fiasco is crazy and could have been easily avoided.  Yes they are an Italian brand and Italian sizes tend to come up smaller, but they are supplying a UK market.  Labelling shirts 1-2 sizes smaller than what the customer is used to was bound to end up in tears, particulaly when so much of the market is on-line.  Couldn't anyone forsee this?

Add to that that yet again a supplier hasn't managed to keep up with demand then in my view the whole shirt release has been a bit of a disaster.  I'm not sure why we seem to find it so hard to get this right.  Hopefully next year we'll be back to a decent supplier who can provide a quality product and who will be fully briefed on likely demand.

Macron are Italian as well aren't they?  I didn't like their kits much, but at least they were the right size.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #854 on: August 19, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »

Surely by that logic the only reason you didn't like last season's is because it wasn't make by Nike or Adidas? Or would you not have liked it regardless of who made it, same as some people don't like this season's regardless of who made it?

I moaned that it wasn't a Villa shirt. Because it wasn't. The only time I have cared who the manufacturer was was when it was those pro-hunting twats Under Armour.

Loads of people on here were moaning before the kit was released that we should have Nike or Umbro, or stuck with "Villa fan" Luke. It seems entirely like they made up their mind before seeing it.

Even fans criticising the design of the home shirt. That's what Villa shirts look like ffs!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal