collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213868 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #735 on: August 08, 2019, 05:37:05 PM »
That's a shame. Will be sticking with my Luke shirt. Top notch, shame he isn't doing this year's kits.
Didn’t the Luke kits have a rubber embossed badge rather than embroidered?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #736 on: August 08, 2019, 05:42:58 PM »
That’s proper shit. Would you be happy to just exchange it or are there other quality issues with the kit?

Just an exchange I suppose.  The diagonal white lines on the front look really shit as well, very cheaply printed.  The blue on the front is printed as well, so is a different shade of light blue from the sleeves and the back.  Not a 'fault' as such, but it looks really cheap, as does the stupid way the shoulders have been stitched together.  The sizing is all wrong as well.  I've had an XL for the last few years with no issues at all, and the Luke kit fitted perfectly.  I got an XXL this time, and it's noticably smaller than an XL, so I'd say it's a L by last year's standards.  It makes the Macron kit look like it was put together by Versace.  Absolute garbage, I really do hope it's a one year contract.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #737 on: August 08, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
Yep, seen some pics of some awful lettering which looks like it was done after 15 vodkas.

Also the sponsors "W" falling off after one wash. Sounds poor.

Offline KRS

« Reply #738 on: August 08, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »
Disappointing. Haven’t seen it in the flesh but both kits look good on tv. Might get one of the training shirts if the quality isn’t as bad as the home and away shirts.

As fans/customers, all we can do is ensure any complaints reach the right people if the quality of merchandise is not to standard.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:51:12 PM by KRS »

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #739 on: August 08, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
That's a shame. Will be sticking with my Luke shirt. Top notch, shame he isn't doing this year's kits.

It was embroidered but the lion and the star, and also the AVFC, were rubber. It is really high quality stuff. I wasn't sure about it but it is better than an all embroidered badge imo.

Kind of wish I had got the away shirt. We'll never see them again I fear.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #740 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »
Isn't that just what an embroidered badge looks like? It's never going to be as crisp as a printed badge because it is made up of stitches.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #741 on: August 08, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »
Isn't that just what an embroidered badge looks like? It's never going to be as crisp as a printed badge because it is made up of stitches.

Depends how good the stitching is surely? There is a clear difference between authentic and counterfeit yet both can be embroidered.

Offline exigo

« Reply #742 on: August 08, 2019, 06:53:38 PM »
Had to re-check the badge on my new home shirt to be sure. The stitching is bang on.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #743 on: August 08, 2019, 07:45:52 PM »

The 'posh' version of the new kit also has the rubber badge

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #744 on: August 08, 2019, 11:04:27 PM »
I would guess that Kappa may not make the badge. Villa may have an established supplier for that as the badge goes on lots of stuff not just the kit and trainingwear.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #745 on: August 08, 2019, 11:05:41 PM »

Each to their own. I prefer Villa kits.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #746 on: August 08, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #747 on: August 09, 2019, 11:16:31 AM »
That’s proper shit. Would you be happy to just exchange it or are there other quality issues with the kit?

Just an exchange I suppose.  The diagonal white lines on the front look really shit as well, very cheaply printed.  The blue on the front is printed as well, so is a different shade of light blue from the sleeves and the back.  Not a 'fault' as such, but it looks really cheap, as does the stupid way the shoulders have been stitched together.  The sizing is all wrong as well.  I've had an XL for the last few years with no issues at all, and the Luke kit fitted perfectly.  I got an XXL this time, and it's noticably smaller than an XL, so I'd say it's a L by last year's standards.  It makes the Macron kit look like it was put together by Versace.  Absolute garbage, I really do hope it's a one year contract.

It's the remaining time on the Fanatics contract. They are making and distributing them again this year but with Kappa logo.

I think there's another year of the deal and then Kappa will make them for the remainder of their deal..

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #748 on: August 10, 2019, 03:35:46 AM »
https://9printstore.com/product/3d-printed-aston-villa-tu-sneakers-for-men-women/

These are equally as shit as Kappa's kits.

Like Risso pointed out, Kappa make Macron look like Versace. Haha

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #749 on: August 10, 2019, 03:36:53 AM »

It was embroidered but the lion and the star, and also the AVFC, were rubber. It is really high quality stuff. I wasn't sure about it but it is better than an all embroidered badge imo.

Kind of wish I had got the away shirt. We'll never see them again I fear.

eBay, mate. Though some of the money the greedy fuckers on there are asking is ridiculous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal