collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909720 times)

Offline Pat Mustard

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
Steer and Kalinic will be one and two next season.
Steer has done really well and deserves his moment in the sun. I do feel once Kalinic is fit and settled he will take the number 1 jersey.

I've a feeling Maupay and Barbet could come in whatever league we're in. If we get promoted I'd also consider a sneaky bid for Che Adams if we can't get Tammy in on a permanent.

He can fuck off.
Wasn’t he singing sotv at that ‘awards’ evening? He can f**k off

If we ever made an offer for him he would be over here like a shot. I'd be up for making an offer, getting him all the way to the point of signing and then tell him to f*ck off, burning his bridges with Small Heath whilst simultaneously reminding them of their place in the food chain.  Just imagine the reaction - it would be absolutely hilarious.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2019, 09:59:16 AM »
There is absolutely zero chance of Tammy being here next season regardless of which division we are in. Chelsea have a transfer ban and they will also lose Higuain who is not exactly pulling up trees. This leaves them short of forwards and makes Hudson-Odoi and Abraham as their key first team squad players. So we need to plan without him. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
They'll just get the transfer ban overturned. Like they did last time. He isn't ready for Chelsea yet. They'd probably let us loan him again to see if he has improved since his last Premier League season with Abertawe... if we go up.

I think we will have no chance of re-acquiring him if we lose in the playoffs.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2019, 11:08:59 AM »
SHA want 15m for Adams. Likes of Burnley, Palace and Southampton interested.

Dwight Gayle on loan is probably more realistic.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2019, 11:29:34 AM »
If the shit hits the fan they'll be lucky to get six or seven million. Wouldn't mind Gayle if we stay down. Maybe switch to two up front as think he could work well with Davis.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
They're kind of in an awkward position there, to be fair. If I played for, say, Oxford, and a bunch of baying fans with camera phones asked me to sing "Shit on the Swindon", I would probably do it, for an easy life.

It's the bizarre culture of that club where singing songs obsessing over your much more successful neighbours bestows instant "legend" status on the most mediocre of players that is to blame. The massive bunch of weird obsessed twats.

Regards Adams, I wouldn't mind him if we don't go up, and you could get him for a sensible price, but would expect far better if we are in the Premier League.
You cannot sign a player who is on a widely seen video singing "shit on the villa" Absolutely no way. He can fuck off and fuck of again the utter twat. Some of his compadres would have zero chance of making it big. But he has a chance and should be distancing himself from such classless garbage. There are NO excuses for his behaviour.

Offline frank black

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
We should make them an offer on deadline day. Bring him in for talks and tell him to go forth and multiply

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »
this is all a bit tedious to be honest - rather like when we sing shit on the city constantly - although mercifully it hasn't been as prevalent at home games recently. I never think about Birmingham city so I don't really get all the dick waving.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »
this is all a bit tedious to be honest - rather like when we sing shit on the city constantly - although mercifully it hasn't been as prevalent at home games recently. I never think about Birmingham city so I don't really get all the dick waving.

We don't sing it that much away either, not constantly anyway.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
They'll just get the transfer ban overturned. Like they did last time. He isn't ready for Chelsea yet. They'd probably let us loan him again to see if he has improved since his last Premier League season with Abertawe... if we go up.

Apparently not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48202945

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »

On the handful of times I've seen him play, Adams looks a real quality player. Strong as a bull, mobile, good technique and can play across the front line. A far better prospect than Gayle who has struggled to make the top division step up on a few occasions.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
A lot of clubs will be interested in signing him

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2019, 03:06:45 PM »

On the handful of times I've seen him play, Adams looks a real quality player. Strong as a bull, mobile, good technique and can play across the front line.

I like him too. Has a Defoe like quality of always getting a shot away and invariably works the keeper. There will be plenty after him.

Offline KRS

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »

Apparently not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48202945
Chelsea have about 45 players out on loan...FORTY FIVE!!!

Chelsea have a number of high-profile players out on loan that they can call on, including Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa), Michy Batshuayi (Crystal Palace), Alvaro Morata (Atletico Madrid), Victor Moses (Fenerbahce), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Kenedy (Newcastle), Tiemoue Bakayoko (AC Milan) and Kurt Zouma (Everton).

They also have dozens of youth players out on loan.

"Every month I have a report on every player on loan; we have about 45," Sarri said.

"There are two or three players who have been out on loan this season who are interesting. I do not want to name names now. But the level they have been playing at must be considered."

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
According to the Meaning Evil, we are in the running to sign just about everyone who is likely to be out of contract, or has professed an interest in leaving their club. Typical clickbait shite that is passed off as journalism.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal