collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909714 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
I was told by a contact today who is close to Burnley's Chairman that Burnley nearly signed Abraham on a permanent deal last summer but pulled out after the fitness test; they reckoned he needed a season in the C'ship to get more match fit ...
... just reporting what I heard.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 05:05:36 PM »
According to the Meaning Evil, we are in the running to sign just about everyone who is likely to be out of contract, or has professed an interest in leaving their club. Typical clickbait shite that is passed off as journalism.

The press have no precedent of the type of players Smith will go for when he has a big budget so they're throwing around a list of players he'd have gone for at Brentford, Current Brentford players and young-ish players that might be available. January was the same, not a single paper came up with Guilbert until it was pretty much done.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »
They'll just get the transfer ban overturned. Like they did last time. He isn't ready for Chelsea yet. They'd probably let us loan him again to see if he has improved since his last Premier League season with Abertawe... if we go up.

I think we will have no chance of re-acquiring him if we lose in the playoffs.

Apparently not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48202945

I stand corrected. Ha ha ha ha ha.

(I still reckon we could get him if we go up)

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 07:10:22 PM »
Get promoted and we will sign him permanently. Same for Mings and Hause. Tuanzebe is the only loanee that isn't essentially in the bag already.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
Get promoted and we will sign him permanently. Same for Mings and Hause. Tuanzebe is the only loanee that isn't essentially in the bag already.

It will be a massive rebuilding job in the summer whatever happens.  I was resigned a couple of months ago to not going up, but am now really hoping we do and we get to see just how much financial muscle the owners have. 

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »

The slight worry there is that's say 35m outlay just to stay at our current level before we even talk about bringing in squad improvements

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
They're kind of in an awkward position there, to be fair. If I played for, say, Oxford, and a bunch of baying fans with camera phones asked me to sing "Shit on the Swindon", I would probably do it, for an easy life.

It's the bizarre culture of that club where singing songs obsessing over your much more successful neighbours bestows instant "legend" status on the most mediocre of players that is to blame. The massive bunch of weird obsessed twats.

Regards Adams, I wouldn't mind him if we don't go up, and you could get him for a sensible price, but would expect far better if we are in the Premier League.

As an inveterate romantic leftie, I quite like the idea of us having a Che.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »
If we go up can we just spend whatever it takes to sign de ligt, he's just superb (I know we don't stand a chance).

Online Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2019, 08:43:14 PM »

I think Axel is more of a cert than Mings, Bournemouth aren't ManU They can't afford to let talent go cheap. Man U probably won't make to[ 4, They are rich no way are they going to risk next season on a center half like Axel they will spend big there.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »

I think Axel is more of a cert than Mings, Bournemouth aren't ManU They can't afford to let talent go cheap. Man U probably won't make to[ 4, They are rich no way are they going to risk next season on a center half like Axel they will spend big there.

I can't see Axel being anywhere else other than Man U next season - They will certainly want a look at him close hand after 2 successful spells here.  It's like us letting Carlisle have Callum OHare because we don't want to risk him next season.

Man U have high hopes and expectations for Axel.

I wouldn't say that Mings would be in the bag either.  He is contracted to Bournemouth who may well feel that he's worth keeping next season.  The deciding factor could be Ming's bonding with both the club and the fans.  He appears to be loving his time here which is worth a lot.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2019, 09:10:42 PM »
2 successful spells? He played about 4 games for us last season.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2019, 09:16:26 PM »
OK:

They will certainly want a look at him close hand after a successful spell here

Happy now?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »
Very happy.

Online Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »

I can't see Axel being anywhere else other than Man U next season - They will certainly want a look at him close hand after 2 successful spells here.  It's like us letting Carlisle have Callum OHare because we don't want to risk him next season.

Man U have high hopes and expectations for Axel.

I wouldn't say that Mings would be in the bag either.  He is contracted to Bournemouth who may well feel that he's worth keeping next season.  The deciding factor could be Ming's bonding with both the club and the fans.  He appears to be loving his time here which is worth a lot.

I suppose it's all about opinions. My guess is and I'm probably wrong. Is that what you say makes sense(not your opinion is wrong) I think is why not look at a good player see if he is good enough. I think that applies to every team outside the top 6, They can't wait. They have to have it now. They let Salah Pogba and De Bruyne go. Chelsea let Lukaku go cheap only for ManU to buy him for £75M later. So my take is Man U will pay £50m for a defender and if Axel does well they will buy him again for £50m later

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »
I honestly don't think that Axel Tuanzebe will play another game for United.  He really isn't good enough for a top 6 Prem side.  He's big and quick but he lacks concentration and 'in the box' nous.  Good enough for where we are but not good enough to play consistently for Manchester United.  IMO.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal