collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909965 times)

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2019, 04:49:24 PM »
Does seem strange that we have let Green's contract run down. Steer and Elphick will surely have decent offers from other Championship clubs too.

Kodjia, Chester, Hourihane, AA, BB, Davis, Elmo all with only a year left on their contracts. Chester, Hourihane, Elmo and Davis surely worth keeping around if we are in the same division next season.
I think it makes sense to wait and see what league we'll be playing in first before we start dishing out contracts and I'm sure that's what they're agents are waiting on to.

Offline KRS

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 04:50:01 PM »
The club are taking the right approach with player contracts at the moment as we need to see where we are at the end of the season. Some of the players listed above won't make the cut it in the Premier League, so it makes sense to bide our time for a few weeks and make rational decisions based on which league we'll be playing in and the grey cloud of FFP that is still lingering over us.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
The club are taking the right approach with player contracts at the moment as we need to see where we are at the end of the season. Some of the players listed above won't make the cut it in the Premier League, so it makes sense to bide our time for a few weeks and make rational decisions based on which league we'll be playing in and the grey cloud of FFP that is still lingering over us.

Maybe so, though surely Steer has done enough to warrant a 2 year deal for example? Likes of Hourihane surely deserve another year regardless of division too.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 09:23:47 PM »

Maybe so, though surely Steer has done enough to warrant a 2 year deal for example? Likes of Hourihane surely deserve another year regardless of division too.

I wonder if they feel they can offload Nyland before they offer Steer fresh terms?

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 09:28:49 PM »
Steer's contract been extended in January till 2020, isn't it?

Offline KRS

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2019, 09:36:14 PM »

Well I hope the days of us dishing out contracts are long gone...it’s part of what’s got us into this financial mess in the first place. Contracts do need to be earned or “deserved” but Dean may think the likes of Conor wouldn’t be good enough in the Premier League. If we’re still in the Championship next season then I’d imagine Steer and Conor would both get contract extensions as they have proved themselves at this level...well for at least half a season in both cases.

Offline danno

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure the club and players agents are waiting on where we will be by the end of the month. No point a player negotiating a championship wage now when he could get a premier league one in 3 weeks time. Also I would like to think we would go in for better too.

Offline KRS

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2019, 05:50:50 AM »
The keeper situation may also depend on who is shipped out in the summer...surely we can't be having Steer, Bunn, Nyland and Kalinic on the books going in to next season?

Offline nigel

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »
Steer and Kalinic will be one and two next season.
Steer has done really well and deserves his moment in the sun. I do feel once Kalinic is fit and settled he will take the number 1 jersey.

I've a feeling Maupay and Barbet could come in whatever league we're in. If we get promoted I'd also consider a sneaky bid for Che Adams if we can't get Tammy in on a permanent.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 07:09:57 AM »
Steer has done really well and deserves his moment in the sun. I do feel once Kalinic is fit and settled he will take the number 1 jersey.

I've a feeling Maupay and Barbet could come in whatever league we're in. If we get promoted I'd also consider a sneaky bid for Che Adams if we can't get Tammy in on a permanent.

He can fuck off.

Offline nigel

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2019, 07:13:13 AM »

He can fuck off.

Lol, didn't think that would be a popular choice  :D

Online walsall villain

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »

He can fuck off.
Wasn’t he singing sotv at that ‘awards’ evening? He can f**k off

Offline nigel

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »

He can fuck off.
Wasn’t he singing sotv at that ‘awards’ evening? He can f**k off

Pissed up and playing to the crowd would be my take.
He won't be there next season anyway.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »
They're kind of in an awkward position there, to be fair. If I played for, say, Oxford, and a bunch of baying fans with camera phones asked me to sing "Shit on the Swindon", I would probably do it, for an easy life.

It's the bizarre culture of that club where singing songs obsessing over your much more successful neighbours bestows instant "legend" status on the most mediocre of players that is to blame. The massive bunch of weird obsessed twats.

Regards Adams, I wouldn't mind him if we don't go up, and you could get him for a sensible price, but would expect far better if we are in the Premier League.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal