collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 56803 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:51 PM »
There is plenty of needle between the teams over the past couple of seasons, and given its possible we will again meet in the play-offs... that is where the worked-up-ness coms from.  Plus, well, it's dirt Leeds isn't it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »
That is a beautiful thing altogether. Have to say I'm very surprised Conor has escaped any further punishment but assume it's because he was carded?
No mate it’s because he is from County Cork they are born lucky there.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2019, 10:49:15 PM »
All my mates who are neutral think it was bloody hilarious farce. They’re right. We need to stop the high-horsery and Leeds fans DEFINITELY need to stop the high-horsery because, Conor’s throat grab aside, they don’t have much ammunition.

What confuses me most of all is why both sides were so worked up for an essentially dead rubber.

Watch Tyrone's interview after the game. There is no dead rubber for players like this and you could tell he loved every minute of it.

I also respect Pontus Jansson for his 'you have got to be fucking joking' moment. It may not be right, but he wanted to win.

It was a full blooded, committed, game of footy.

These next few weeks are going to be amazing.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
'Dead Rubber'? They still had mathematical chance of auto. They don't want to finish 4th. They have Bielsa on charge. We were on a record winning streak, we didn't want to lose or draw and had potential of 4th ourselves.

These are the two biggest clubs in the division, playing at the end of the season, in a not-unlikely rehearsal for a play-off encounter.

I love the fact that our players reacted like they did. For once we have a united team, squad, coaching staff, staff and supporters. We're on the way back and the drive is there for all to see.

Love it.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
All my mates who are neutral think it was bloody hilarious farce. They’re right. We need to stop the high-horsery and Leeds fans DEFINITELY need to stop the high-horsery because, Conor’s throat grab aside, they don’t have much ammunition.

What confuses me most of all is why both sides were so worked up for an essentially dead rubber.

Watch Tyrone's interview after the game. There is no dead rubber for players like this and you could tell he loved every minute of it.

I also respect Pontus Jansson for his 'you have got to be fucking joking' moment. It may not be right, but he wanted to win.

It was a full blooded, committed, game of footy.

These next few weeks are going to be amazing.

I rate Jansson; and he always seems to do well against us.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »
The Leeds fans are obsessed with their own sense of rectitude, blaming Hourihane (for piling in), Grealish (he dived all day) and Kodjia (he wasn't fouled, and in fact tried to foul Cooper) in equal measure.
Farcical.

C**tical.

In my mind, L***s support has been like this for as long as I care to remember. It's just that their latest promotion blow-up has made them ever-more embittered & self-righteous. Bless.  ::)

As an aside, I've been wondering if Hourihane being so fired-up on Satdi had anything to do with him being a former Barnsley player? When it comes to Yaaarkshire football, 'The Clown Analogy' seems highly pertinent ie There's Leeds - & then everybody who hates Leeds.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2019, 10:57:27 AM »
That is a beautiful thing altogether. Have to say I'm very surprised Conor has escaped any further punishment but assume it's because he was carded?

The local press were saying it wasn't fair that Hourihane escaped punishment. Embarrassing themselves as usual!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2019, 11:11:55 PM »
I showed it to a mate at work today  an£ he thought Conor should hagot a red card. Like me, he also felt we should have played to the whistle - I hope we have learned our lesson now.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2019, 10:08:08 AM »
While watching the match on TV - the ball was passed by the Leeds player after he indicated he was going to put the ball out of play; this is also the view of the 2 x commentators at the time who - while not quite as incensed as I was - did not agree with what had just happened.

Frankly anyone who has not seen the build-up and what was done earlier, (with Connor putting the ball out the during the previous half for their injured player while they were under the cosh), are reacting & commenting without being in full view of the facts; why am I not surprised!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2019, 11:11:35 AM »
Started a new job this week. Day 3 yesterday and I got talking to an old Aussie boy who likes his ‘soccer.’ He was outing poms in our area and mentioned Andrew- whose from Leeds. I told him to say I’m a Villa supporter. The guy got up and grimaced and shook his fist at me. I just laughed at him. Had a chat to him later on in the day and in fairness, he was alright, but quickly dodged my question about his attendance in the ‘97 league cup final. Couldn’t get a ticket apparently and they lost to a ‘shit team’!!

Really want them to implode and not even make the final. I can’t help disliking even the ‘alright’ ones, to be honest.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
Started a new job this week. Day 3 yesterday and I got talking to an old Aussie boy who likes his ‘soccer.’ He was outing poms in our area and mentioned Andrew- whose from Leeds. I told him to say I’m a Villa supporter. The guy got up and grimaced and shook his fist at me. I just laughed at him. Had a chat to him later on in the day and in fairness, he was alright, but quickly dodged my question about his attendance in the ‘97 league cup final. Couldn’t get a ticket apparently and they lost to a ‘shit team’!!

Really want them to implode and not even make the final. I can’t help disliking even the ‘alright’ ones, to be honest.

Why would a Leeds fan want a ticket for the Leicester v Middlesbrough League Cup final? ;)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2019, 11:23:06 AM »
On reflection, does anyone else feel like that was the kind of game that will pull the squad together and cement a siege mentality which will serve us well in the playoffs?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
Alright - fair cop- ‘96. Some goal by Savo though eh? I might forget the year, but I’ll never forget that goal. Or Ian Taylor’s. couldn’t for the life of me remember the 2nd scorer though!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
Alright - fair cop- ‘96. Some goal by Savo though eh? I might forget the year, but I’ll never forget that goal. Or Ian Taylor’s. couldn’t for the life of me remember the 2nd scorer though!

I went to my mate's house to watch it. There were a good few of us there. They were all Leeds fans. Fucking brilliant day.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2019, 01:16:09 PM »

Taylor made it 2-0, Yorke scored the 3rd.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal