collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57110 times)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2019, 04:44:59 PM »
Oh the Karma - Leeds lose Bamford and lose to Derby whilst putting 3 of their players out of action for the final.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #406 on: April 30, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »
Leeds fans suddenly gone very quiet!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #407 on: April 30, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
That is a beautiful thing altogether. Have to say I'm very surprised Conor has escaped any further punishment but assume it's because he was carded?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
The Leeds fans posting on the Graun article about Bielsa are absolutely mental. Not accepting that Kodjia was injured, despite him going off injured to be replaced by Jedinak - nope, this was a face-saving substitution from Villa. Full of conspiracy theories and accusing Villa and Grealish in particular at diving everywhere. The only reason they're not defending Bamford is because he was caught shithousing on camera.

Absolute fucking maniacs.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »
They’ve lost the plot and it’s hilarious. I predict they will continue to implode in hilarious fashion in the semis.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #410 on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
The Leeds fans posting on the Graun article about Bielsa are absolutely mental. Not accepting that Kodjia was injured, despite him going off injured to be replaced by Jedinak - nope, this was a face-saving substitution from Villa. Full of conspiracy theories and accusing Villa and Grealish in particular at diving everywhere. The only reason they're not defending Bamford is because he was caught shithousing on camera.

Absolute fucking maniacs.

It's a full on tin hat brigade.

But, as I did point out to one of them, it's not that surprising when they claim to have won a trophy when they lost 2-0.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #411 on: April 30, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
The Leeds fans are obsessed with their own sense of rectitude, blaming Hourihane (for piling in), Grealish (he dived all day) and Kodjia (he wasn't fouled, and in fact tried to foul Cooper) in equal measure.
Farcical.

It's all I've heard on the school run twice a day from a very bitter Leeds fan who now absolutely hates Villa as it is all our fault for not playing to the whistle and reacting in that manner. Plus Hourihane was forced to kick the ball out of play previously as he had no other option available.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #412 on: April 30, 2019, 07:47:02 PM »
I think they thought they could intimidate us and take the piss. Blew up in their faces big time.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »
Plus Hourihane was forced to kick the ball out of play previously as he had no other option available.
To be fair, that's basically the same argument some on here have been making about why Bielsa let us have a goal back.

Offline danno

« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
For anybody clinging to the play to the whistle defence, consider how many matches that have been played since the Overmars goal and how many incidents there have been like last Sunday.

Kicking the ball out for the opposition happens pretty much every game and is reciprocated in kind with minimal fuss, time and again.

So basically f*ck off Leeds.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »
It’s not the fact they didn’t kick it out for me, it’s that Roberts clearly stopped and indicated he was kicking it out that was out of order.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
All my mates who are neutral think it was bloody hilarious farce. They’re right. We need to stop the high-horsery and Leeds fans DEFINITELY need to stop the high-horsery because, Conor’s throat grab aside, they don’t have much ammunition.

What confuses me most of all is why both sides were so worked up for an essentially dead rubber.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:32 PM »
All my mates who are neutral think it was bloody hilarious farce. They’re right. We need to stop the high-horsery and Leeds fans DEFINITELY need to stop the high-horsery because, Conor’s throat grab aside, they don’t have much ammunition.

What confuses me most of all is why both sides were so worked up for an essentially dead rubber.

I thought that. I guess both sides probably felt that it was a preview of the final so didn't want to give the other an edge. Now, if it is the final, it'll be all edge.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:00 PM »
For all those supporters of other clubs' that reckon Jack Grealish is a diver, I suggest they Youtube a certain Francis Lee.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »

On the final result it was a dead rubber, however we still had a chance of getting fourth which could be advantageous in the playoffs, Leeds pretty much needed a miracle though to do anything which is why Bielsa was probably more receptive to allowing a goal to "even" it up again even though we were down to 10. I'm hoping it is Derby in the final if we do get through simply because Smith seems to have the beating of Lampard at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal