collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57126 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »
Really? Fk my memory is shot! Could’ve sworn Tayls hit the last one, falling back and hit underside of the crossbar. Still a top day out though. We all went to Victoria afterwards and don’t think anyone really wanted to go home after. Happy times.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #436 on: May 02, 2019, 01:40:25 PM »
I showed it to a mate at work today  an£ he thought Conor should hagot a red card. Like me, he also felt we should have played to the whistle - I hope we have learned our lesson now.

I'm not having that.

There is context. We're about to sling it into the box and stop, putting it out of play at their request because their midfielder is injured.

Tyler Roberts dupes us by slowing to a stop, leading to our players to slow to a stop.

it was a shithouse move, from a shithouse club.

I also refute everybody hating Leeds, I couldn't give a flying fig. They've spent as much time out the top flight as in it, won as much as half the other clubs in the league and they're more famous for not winning the European Cup and being general scum bags on and off the pitch more than anything else.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #437 on: May 02, 2019, 01:52:40 PM »
I showed it to a mate at work today  an£ he thought Conor should hagot a red card. Like me, he also felt we should have played to the whistle - I hope we have learned our lesson now.

I'm not having that.

There is context. We're about to sling it into the box and stop, putting it out of play at their request because their midfielder is injured.

Tyler Roberts dupes us by slowing to a stop, leading to our players to slow to a stop.

I also refute everybody hating Leeds, I couldn't give a flying fig. They've spent as much time out the top flight as in it, won as much as half the other clubs in the league and they're more famous for not winning the European Cup and being general scum bags on and off the pitch more than anything else.
erm... so does that mean you hate them, or not bothered by them? Couldn’t tell from your words Ads.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
The whole episode has highlighted the cluelessness of neutral fans and pundits. Ads is spot on. This wasn’t a play the whistle situation at all, the fact that we’d put it out just before, and the way Roberts was in two minds, screwed us. It wasn’t a goal scoring chance until he did that so it changed the whole situation.

Also with Bielsa, though I appreciate that isn’t as clear cut. He doesn’t come out of it as Mr integrity if you’ve watched the way Leeds played all game, under his instructions, and if you consider what he was actually sacrificing by letting us score (i.e. nothing), plus the fact that he already has the cheat label over spygate.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2019, 04:51:53 PM »

I'm not having that.

erm... so does that mean you hate them, or not bothered by them? Couldn’t tell from your words Ads.

I am pondering their insignificance to me and giving reasons why I care as much about Leeds as I do clubs like Blackburn or Forest, for whom I care not a jot. They only enter the consciousness as you can't move on Twitter or Facebook footballing circles for use of the ironic phrase of "Leeds would have brought more".

Beyond that? Meh.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »
Bamford's been banned for two games.  Apparently Leeds tried to argue that his punishment should be less because of the sportsmanship they showed in letting us have an equaliser.  Pffft.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »
Leeds said in a statement that although the 25-year-old did not deny the charge they had requested a hearing to "contest the penalty imposed on the player".

They added: "The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

Are they actually trying to look like ******.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2019, 05:46:32 PM »
Tyler Roberts is an Albion fan.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
Leeds said in a statement that although the 25-year-old did not deny the charge they had requested a hearing to "contest the penalty imposed on the player".

They added: "The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

Are they actually trying to look like c***s.

No, but they looking decidedly cuntish nonetheless.  And, the goal was not uncontested was it as that twat of a centre half tried to tackle Albert. 

As fucking IF the fact that they let us score (twat aside) should mean Bamford should be allowed to blatantly cheat to get another player sent off.  It's quite a remarkable statement. 

I see the post-truth era has reached devision 2. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #444 on: May 02, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
Bamford's been banned for two games.  Apparently Leeds tried to argue that his punishment should be less because of the sportsmanship they showed in letting us have an equaliser.  Pffft.

I thought they would fight to get his banned extended into next season.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
I am going to nick a bottle of pop from Asda, stand outside the shop and drink it however because I binned the empty bottle properly in their recycling bin  I expect no punishment.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #446 on: May 02, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »
I am going to nick a bottle of pop from Asda, stand outside the shop and drink it however because I binned the empty bottle properly in their recycling bin  I expect no punishment.

I don't know how you can face shoplifting in ASDA. The decor gives me a migraine.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2019, 04:29:37 PM »

I don't know how you can face shoplifting in ASDA. The decor gives me a migraine.

You'd need aisle 6, just down from deodorants and body lotions.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2019, 05:30:05 PM »

You'd need aisle 6, just down from deodorants and body lotions.
Tell them about your migraine and they might let you off.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2019, 06:00:35 PM »

Putting in a piss taker of an appeal like that should result in a longer ban.

Bamford utterly embarrassed himself on the pitch.  LUFC and their mutant 80s throwback support have tried to go one better since then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal