collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57292 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »
I think it was one of those deceptive, open to interpretation games. They had a lot of possession and shots, but somehow without posing any real threat.

Thought they got too close to our 18 yard box throughout though. The likes of Grealish and McGinn didn't press much without the ball today and JK obviously doesn't. Mings dealt with pretty much everything in the air. Steer is more than competent at this level too.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »
I thought we were well on top until the madness at end. Messy enough game, Grealish was quiet and McGinn was wild and downright idiotic at times. Also we missed Abraham hugely, Kodjia's legs are gone unfortunately so any direct ball sent up front was easily dealt with. Need to give Davis 90 mins next weekend.

Green didn't make the most of his opportunity, would have left him on mind at the time as we just starting to make an impact. Thought Smith took an unnecessary gamble with his team selection and we nearly paid the price. Mings is the best centre back that has played for us in years. Steer and Elmo very solid. Wasn't overly impressed with Tuanzebe before his woeful efforts for their goal. He needs another game next week. Thought Hourihane did well today too but balance of our midfield isn't right without Whelan.

Steer 7, Elmo 8, Tuanzebe 5, Mings 9, Taylor 6, Hourihane 7, McGinn 5, Grealish 6, Green 5, Kodjia 5, El Ghazi 7.

Tuanzebe 5?? Commentator: "Mings and Tuanzebe have been simply outstanding today" I don't know what game you were watching?....he deserved an 8
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 07:44:01 PM by Villafirst »

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
Not seen any game live today unfortunately but now seen and heard a few reports and read a lot of this thread.
Looking forward to next week first and thinking about selections, what kind of injuries did Kodja, steer and Mings all pick up ? Is consensus they’ll be ok or def out of next week ?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2019, 07:42:56 PM »
OK there's a lot of bad feeling and we're football fans and all but sorry, Bielsa did a good thing that a lot of people - including many of us - would not have had the balls to do, and the people doubting his sincerity out whatever are I think being more than a little bit Leeds themselves. Let's have some class, say fair play, stop being so begrudging and mean-spirited and just leave it at that.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »
Anyone who has a knock shouldn't play next week.

I accept the FL rule but we can get round that by naming that all on the bench can't we?

So subs bench of Steer, Mings, Whelan Grealish, McGinn, Kodjia and Andrew Greaves.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »
I've never rated Kodjia

I accept he can do something amazing every half dozen games but he doesn't offer enough in lots of other areas
ie team play, goals, decision making, he's to greedy, work ethic

I don't think he's a Smith sort of team player and would like to see him moved on in the summer

Not even when he scored 19 the first season, most of them from his own skill?

Granted he has not been anywhere near the same player since the long layoff due to the injury and since that I think you are correct in offering anything now but to say you never rated him seems a bit much.

he’s never been one of my favourite players for the reasons I quoted

that’s not to say I haven’t enjoyed his goals
I celebrate any Villa player scoring
Gestede scored loads in this league, and the few he got for us we’re great but I never rated him as top class
same for Hogan who’s also scored plenty

i don’t hate him I just think we need better if you think he’s good enough that’s fine but my personal opinion is he isn’t

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
Mings landed on Steer, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident... Mings seemed slightly hobbly, but I've a feeling Steer might have done an ankle, he did seem in a bit of bother. Kodjia I reckon did his knee, the kind of nothing that seems to sideline our players for six weeks these days.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »
Mings landed on Steer, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident... Mings seemed slightly hobbly, but I've a feeling Steer might have done an ankle, he did seem in a bit of bother. Kodjia I reckon did his knee, the kind of nothing that seems to sideline our players for six weeks these days.

Dean Smith said Kodjia hurt his foot, should be ok.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »
Thanks for that...I’ll post my team in pre Norwich thread now

Online KRS

« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2019, 08:17:10 PM »
Incompetent Assistant Refs.  The first missed the clear offside that would have prevented the controversy
I've watched it back several times on the different camera angle and I don't think it was offside as Mings was playing Klich on.

What should have prevented the controversy would have been Klich or their LB just knocking the ball out of play instead of being twats.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »
 the decision to stop play is the refs.
The game turned into a farce.
I hope Smith tells them in future let the ref be the ref.

Online KRS

« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
After DS post match interview, I’m not buying all the crap on here about what a good bloke Bielsa is.....if he had suggested it as opposed to DS forcibly suggesting I would have agreed but not now

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
Offside.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
Did Davies miss today’s game because of injury?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal