collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by RichardBatchelor
[Today at 10:16:50 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 10:16:42 PM]

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:11:40 PM]

Diego Carlos by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:09:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:04:00 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57303 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
Elland road is a shit ground as well.  Three stands that wouldn't look out of place at a League 2 club, and one enormous one.

And those three stands are ancient too.

Proper shithole.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
My impression is that some of the Leeds players are cheating arseholes and some aren’t.
You mean like any football team!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
Elland road is a shit ground as well.  Three stands that wouldn't look out of place at a League 2 club, and one enormous one.

Proper shithole.

It’s what happens when you go through loads of owners and spend an eternity outside the PL. A warning to us and all teams who can to get back up.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2019, 06:34:42 PM »
With 11v11 I dont think they got behind us once or caused us any problems of note. I'd fancy us to do them.

Tammy and Whelan on the pitch changes the game. TA puts away the chances Kodjia missed all day long and we really missed Whelan’s composure. In particular both Grealish and McGinn has comparatively poor games because they didn’t have him releasing them to operate higher up the pitch.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2019, 06:48:33 PM »

Proper shithole.

It’s what happens when you go through loads of owners and spend an eternity outside the PL. A warning to us and all teams who can to get back up.

Well yes, but those three stands were ancient and shit well before that.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »
If we play them in the final it will be like a derby and I fancy us to have a better siege mentality.

One concern after today is that if we did beat them in the final there could be trouble post match. Probably better if it's Derby from that aspect.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2019, 06:51:44 PM »
I thought we were well on top until the madness at end. Messy enough game, Grealish was quiet and McGinn was wild and downright idiotic at times. Also we missed Abraham hugely, Kodjia's legs are gone unfortunately so any direct ball sent up front was easily dealt with. Need to give Davis 90 mins next weekend.

Green didn't make the most of his opportunity, would have left him on mind at the time as we just starting to make an impact. Thought Smith took an unnecessary gamble with his team selection and we nearly paid the price. Mings is the best centre back that has played for us in years. Steer and Elmo very solid. Wasn't overly impressed with Tuanzebe before his woeful efforts for their goal. He needs another game next week. Thought Hourihane did well today too but balance of our midfield isn't right without Whelan.

Steer 7, Elmo 8, Tuanzebe 5, Mings 9, Taylor 6, Hourihane 7, McGinn 5, Grealish 6, Green 5, Kodjia 5, El Ghazi 7.

Offline themossman

« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2019, 06:58:31 PM »
Yeah I don’t think a single long ball stuck with Kodjia today, certainly felt that way.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2019, 07:03:56 PM »
I've never rated Kodjia

I accept he can do something amazing every half dozen games but he doesn't offer enough in lots of other areas
ie team play, goals, decision making, he's to greedy, work ethic

I don't think he's a Smith sort of team player and would like to see him moved on in the summer

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »
With 11v11 I dont think they got behind us once or caused us any problems of note. I'd fancy us to do them.

Tammy and Whelan on the pitch changes the game. TA puts away the chances Kodjia missed all day long and we really missed Whelan’s composure. In particular both Grealish and McGinn has comparatively poor games because they didn’t have him releasing them to operate higher up the pitch.
Exactly right re: Whelan freeing up Jack and SJM.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2019, 07:26:03 PM »
Surprised people are suggesting we were poor today.

I thought we played very well - after a long season, a fixture like this at a team who have been fighting for automatic promotion, and I don't think Leeds looked like beating us at all.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »
I’d go along with that. We’ve just won 10 straight to get back into things. Leeds have been solid all season, very good at home and they came into this one the back of a lot of criticism and with something to prove. We were the better team 11 v11 and we will be the better team at full strength should we face them at Wembley. I was really proud of how we fought to the end.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
I've never rated Kodjia

I accept he can do something amazing every half dozen games but he doesn't offer enough in lots of other areas

I don't think he's a Smith sort of team player and would like to see him moved on in the summer

Not even when he scored 19 the first season, most of them from his own skill?

Granted he has not been anywhere near the same player since the long layoff due to the injury and since that I think you are correct in offering anything now but to say you never rated him seems a bit much.

Offline themossman

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2019, 07:29:43 PM »
I think it was one of those deceptive, open to interpretation games. They had a lot of possession and shots, but somehow without posing any real threat.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »
I've never rated Kodjia

Not even when he scored 19 the first season, most of them from his own skill?

Granted he has not been anywhere near the same player since the long layoff due to the injury and since that I think you are correct in offering anything now but to say you never rated him seems a bit much.
I part agree with John too....even when he scored lots of goals he was and still is very greedy, Deans has improved it a little. Out of all of our forwards and wingers he’s the laziest especially tracking back
So I see what John means not Deano’s Sort of player. If we don’t go up, def a few quit to cash in on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal