collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:16:29 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by itbrvilla
[Today at 05:15:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:15:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 05:08:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 57270 times)

Online Villafirst

Re: Leeds United 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2019, 03:29:54 PM »
Surely cheating scumbag Bamford should be banned? He got El Ghazi sent off! Hopefully the red card gets recinded?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »
The Leeds player made to kick the ball out of play, but then actually passed to his teammate, which meant Villa players were not concentrating or in position. It was devious, it was unsporting, and it was Leeds all over.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2019, 03:31:38 PM »
Granted we did it and they didn't, but this thing about kicking the ball out of play when an opponent is on the floor is a nonsense.  I'm watching the Burnley v Man City game on TV now, and Chris Wood for Burnley was put clean through as the result of a move with a City player lying 'injured' on the floor.  Burnley just played on, and there not a single City player complained.   

The point is, and I’m not arguing it was deliberate deception, they stopped playing as if putting it out, then didn’t. If that had been done deliberately (I don’t think it was pre-meditated) it would be exceptionally unsporting. If they’d have just played on as normal (like it sounds in that match) we might not have liked it but that would have been more acceptable. The villa players & bench kicked off as they were deceived.

I'm not so sure.  It looked to me as if the play had slowed down because Villa players near the action had become centred on the need (as they saw it) for Leeds to put the ball out of play, which they had no obligation to do.

The Leeds player clearly slows down for me. His body looks positioned in such a way that he was going to put it out, then Klich realises Villa have stopped and screams like a ****** for the ball.

It all should have been moot, as it was clearly a foul on Kodjia with the defender going through the back of him.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »
Did bookies suspend betting after the Leeds goal?

Guessing so.

If they didn't  then a "next team to score" bet would have been quite profitable!

I was caught on my heels and didn't check!!

Offline frank black

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »
Granted we did it and they didn't, but this thing about kicking the ball out of play when an opponent is on the floor is a nonsense.  I'm watching the Burnley v Man City game on TV now, and Chris Wood for Burnley was put clean through as the result of a move with a City player lying 'injured' on the floor.  Burnley just played on, and there not a single City player complained.
Agreed. I think that if the boot had been on the other foot we’d have been grumbling. Ref should have given the goal offside though

I like to think we would never stoop so low. Pure cheating in their part, to pretend to be put it out and then put in a through ball.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2019, 04:11:41 PM »
Fucking hell Mings is built like a steam engine

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that Bielsa' interpreter was a life long Villa supporter and he can't understand why they let us walk through!  😁

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
Fucking hell Mings is built like a steam engine

He looks like a fucking Marvel Avenger

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »

Didn't enjoy watching that one bit today.

Forgetting all the drama around the 'incident', i thought we looked very disjointed and were largely awful with the ball from the off.

Worst game Jack's had for ages, he did the square root of fuck all today. Hopefully he's got that out his system now before the real work starts.

El Ghazi and Green still drive me mental as well. So little composure with the ball when it matters.

I'll take a point though.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »
Same old cheating Leeds. New style manager.

Incompetent Assistant Refs.  The first missed the clear offside that would have prevented the controversy and the second assumed an offence that he did not see.  The referee was closer to the incident and clearly in his line of sight, so why he listened to his assistant, is amazing.  Bamford should be banned for blatantly getting a player sent off and that was after he had him in a strangle hold.

Time to rest key players next week.  We have enough squad players that have made appearances this season to bring in so that it would not be seen to be playing a weakened side.  The rule does not say that you always have to play your best side.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2019, 04:30:37 PM »
Game against Norwich is a training ground affair and then we get down to brass tacks. Come on my Villa boys and let's do Smethwick.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
Never a red card referee.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
Leeds were a fucking disgrace. They kicked absolute lumps out of us and the level of shithousery was obscene.

They played on when we put it out before, but that was a fucking joke the way their lad stopped and then after we had stopped, decided to feed the ball down the line.

I have seen the sending off back again and fuck me that is an utter joke. Bamford wants shovelling.

Defensively we stood up to them quite comfortably. It was all shots outside the box. Kodjia should have scored, but chances were at a premium. What was on offer, we created the best of.

Fingers crossed our injuries dont mount up as they're an abomination.

Online ez

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2019, 04:51:52 PM »
Surely cheating scumbag Bamford should be banned? He got El Ghazi sent off! Hopefully the red card gets recinded?

These are the mistakes that there is no excuse for. You can understand when they miss things but when they see things that haven't happened...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal