collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266556 times)

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1590 on: May 29, 2023, 09:04:36 PM »
From the Grauniad’s Young Players of the Season review:

“Emery, since his appointment in October, has transformed Aston Villa from relegation candidates to European qualification. Central to Villa’s resurgence has been Jacob Ramsey, who has started every game but one (a home defeat to Arsenal) since 13 January. Many consider the 21-year-old midfielder unlucky to have missed out on a first senior England call-up last week, such has been the dynamism of the Villa academy graduate, who is a combative presence and goal threat in a roving No 8 role. Ramsey marked his 100th appearance for Villa at Anfield last weekend with a goal in a 1-1 draw to take him to six goals and five assists for the season. The future is bright in B6, with Ramsey at the heart of things.”

They obviously wrote it before this weekend and couldn’t be arsed to update the stats before publishing.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1591 on: May 29, 2023, 09:12:32 PM »
AJ played in a similar role for Boro but what I saw his game was more about passing and picking gaps than running with the ball. All I'm really getting at is that I think they'd play well together rather than trying to do the same things in the same space. AJs England position is where I think he'll play long term.
This is how I saw A. Ramsey. He was taking the ball in tight spaces & threading through lovely balls into space behind or to a team-mate. He also made a lot of late runs into the box to receive the ball & had some very good chances from doing that. Plus, he scored & assisted a load by doing all of the above. He did run with the ball, but it wasn't the same driving runs forward like J. Ramsey does. I think A. Ramsey is more of a natural 10 & could be the natural replacement for Buendia in the future. If he bulks up like J. Ramsey has, he could become a very very serious player.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1592 on: May 30, 2023, 07:54:38 AM »
Which one of his team mates calls him a twat?!

Sounds like Konsa

Online jwarry

« Reply #1593 on: May 30, 2023, 08:03:06 AM »
I’m sure there’s a clip of Smith welcoming the players back for preseason training and he goes up to Jacob Ramsey and grabs his biceps.  That summer he filled out massively and became a bit of a monster compared to the wispy player in his first proper season.  The extra pace and strength really added to his game.

Doubt it’s any hardship for the Ramsey’s to bulk up, what with Dad being an ex-boxer and all that

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1594 on: June 09, 2023, 11:21:17 AM »

I said on the match thread, he's better at 22 than Jack was.

Ramsey was and is superb. Streets ahead of where Grealish was at 21/22

And this season Jacob Ramsey just turned 22 years
6 goals
6 assists

Jack Grealish 28 in September
5 goals
6 assists

If you look at his goal contributions he certainly is.

I think Grealish had 3 goals and 6 assists in the Championship at 22, compared with Ramsey’s  6 goals and 7 assists in the Prem.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1595 on: June 09, 2023, 02:00:37 PM »
7 assists not 6.

Also it's a difficult comparison because they're very different players who bring very different things to the team and 1 was 22 in a mid-table championship team being managed by a cabbage the other was 22 in a team that qualified for Europe being managed by one of the best managers in the world.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1596 on: June 09, 2023, 02:21:02 PM »
7 assists not 6.

Also it's a difficult comparison because they're very different players who bring very different things to the team and 1 was 22 in a mid-table championship team being managed by a cabbage the other was 22 in a team that qualified for Europe being managed by one of the best managers in the world.
Well my comparison is this season and Ramsey equals and betters Grealo

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1597 on: June 09, 2023, 02:22:47 PM »
7 assists not 6.

no

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1598 on: June 09, 2023, 02:25:20 PM »
7 assists not 6.

and it's still a bad comparison and all a bit pointless. Why can't we just be happy that Ramsey has stepped up his game and is becoming a top class midfielder in his own right, it smacks of the sort of mental gymnastics blues fans resort to when trying to convince people they're a bigger club than us.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1599 on: June 09, 2023, 02:26:44 PM »
7 assists not 6.

no

Surely that warrants a ban?

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1600 on: June 09, 2023, 02:54:25 PM »
Han definitely shot him first. The bad ass.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #1601 on: June 22, 2023, 06:06:27 PM »
Lovely goal for England under 21 by Jacob

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1602 on: June 22, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »
Lovely goal for England under 21 by Jacob
Brilliant 1-2 return pass, drive into the box and clinical finish

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #1603 on: June 22, 2023, 08:24:38 PM »
He’s so good. Maybe the most underrated English player at the moment. We have an elite talent on our hands and no one knows it!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1604 on: June 22, 2023, 08:26:28 PM »
The Brighton game is the benchmark for him now (glaring miss aside). If he's regularly hitting those levels, he'll be some player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal