collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 277554 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1575 on: May 29, 2023, 01:17:08 PM »
I absolutely loved his second assist, racing onto that ball knowing you might get clattered by the Goalkeeper and having the presence of mind to touch it to your right for Watkins. Pure class.

This showed his maturity for me.

And its wonderful to have a player who is naturally two footed.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1576 on: May 29, 2023, 01:47:24 PM »
If you look at his goal contributions he certainly is.

I think Grealish had 3 goals and 6 assists in the Championship at 22, compared with Ramsey’s  6 goals and 7 assists in the Prem.

Definitely a better goal scorer than Grealish, despite that miss of the season yesterday. Superb athlete and has really kicked on again under Emery. Think he has a long way to catch up on the other attributes Grealish brought, G&A aside.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1577 on: May 29, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »
It was Cole with Jacob and Aaron:

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1663162424583651328?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

If Cole has anywhere near the potential of his older brothers, that’s one hell of a trio!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1578 on: May 29, 2023, 02:19:59 PM »
How young does Cole look!

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1579 on: May 29, 2023, 02:54:30 PM »
Aaron is meant to be even better than Jacob isn't he?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1580 on: May 29, 2023, 03:14:39 PM »

Seems to have had more international recognition than Jacob.  Although Aaron might just e playing in better teams so it’s more newsworthy.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1581 on: May 29, 2023, 06:31:35 PM »

That quote goes back to youth football. JJ's come on leaps and bounds since then. AJ looks a very good player with a lot of technical ability but there's now a big gulf in maturity between the two. AJ could become a top player in his own right but that quote needs to be left where it came from now.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1582 on: May 29, 2023, 08:10:55 PM »

That quote goes back to youth football. JJ's come on leaps and bounds since then. AJ looks a very good player with a lot of technical ability but there's now a big gulf in maturity between the two. AJ could become a top player in his own right but that quote needs to be left where it came from now.

I think they're very different players anyway from what I've seen so I'm not sure the comparisons are even useful if they were up-to-date. I suspect AJ would be more of a link player (Buendia) than JJ who has developed into a major ball carrier and goal threat.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #1583 on: May 29, 2023, 08:35:07 PM »

I think they're very different players anyway from what I've seen so I'm not sure the comparisons are even useful if they were up-to-date. I suspect AJ would be more of a link player (Buendia) than JJ who has developed into a major ball carrier and goal threat.

Not sure about that. The limited times I’ve seen AJ (mainly for Boro) he seemed to occupy JJ’s inside left channel, so very similar imo.  For England AJ deployed as more a classic 10.  The main difference is JJ seems to have the stamina to get back too.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1584 on: May 29, 2023, 08:44:40 PM »
You could argue that Middlesboro promotion ended when Aaron went off injured. They only won one of those matches since then.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1585 on: May 29, 2023, 08:44:51 PM »
I thought there was no way he was going to get to the ball before the Brighton defender yesterday but he had lightening speed over that last 5 yards to beat him and gather the ball before rolling it to Ollie. Absolutely superb.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1586 on: May 29, 2023, 08:46:44 PM »
I thought there was no way he was going to get to the ball before the Brighton defender yesterday but he had lightening speed over that last 5 yards to beat him and gather the ball before rolling it to Ollie. Absolutely superb.

The defender looked like he was running through treacle.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1587 on: May 29, 2023, 08:49:38 PM »
Not sure about that. The limited times I’ve seen AJ (mainly for Boro) he seemed to occupy JJ’s inside left channel, so very similar imo.
Are you saying he’s the dead ringer for his brother!

(Sorry, an old Notre Dame joke)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1588 on: May 29, 2023, 08:51:55 PM »

Not sure about that. The limited times I’ve seen AJ (mainly for Boro) he seemed to occupy JJ’s inside left channel, so very similar imo.  For England AJ deployed as more a classic 10.  The main difference is JJ seems to have the stamina to get back too.

AJ played in a similar role for Boro but what I saw his game was more about passing and picking gaps than running with the ball. All I'm really getting at is that I think they'd play well together rather than trying to do the same things in the same space. AJs England position is where I think he'll play long term.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #1589 on: May 29, 2023, 08:55:44 PM »
I’m sure there’s a clip of Smith welcoming the players back for preseason training and he goes up to Jacob Ramsey and grabs his biceps.  That summer he filled out massively and became a bit of a monster compared to the wispy player in his first proper season.  The extra pace and strength really added to his game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal