collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266595 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #525 on: September 19, 2021, 03:01:25 PM »
Nobody is criticising Jacob.  The commentator did but I didn't. If you read what I wrote, about him shooting, and why not? All will be well in the world.  I say again, this lad is going to be an excellent player, already very good.  Gives us energy and seems to enjoy putting people on their arse, which I love about him.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #526 on: September 19, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
One thing for certain is that we seemingly know how to manage these kids coming through. With the wealth of talent we have now its a credit to him and our academy that he is making the starting place his own.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »
Not to mention that it was Ramsey’s excellent challenge that won the ball in the first place. I’m glad he took the chance, don’t think Ings was quite as clear through as he looked.

Both the defenders back off to cover the pass each way, it opened up in front of him, he was absolutely right to take it on. Especially given as you say he won it so impressively in the first place.

It was the shot to try as well, a shade more whip and it was perfect, keeper was well beaten. I think he's been ace so far, he's a proper all rounder, physicality, a great touch, vision and intelligent. He's going to be a very good player and his development bodes extremely well the other, potentially more talented players just behind him.

There's a real possibility that in a couple of years we'll have an ace team with half of them from the academy.

I agree with LeeB.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #528 on: September 19, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »
I watched the whole game again, it’s fun when you know the result. The main thing I took from it was how much Ramsey seemed to be enjoying himself, and felt he belonged in the team.

He’s very promising, but I’m still not quite sure what sort of midfielder he is. And I’ll qualify that state by admitting it took me a while to figure out what Dennis Mortimer was.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #529 on: September 19, 2021, 05:20:13 PM »
One thing for certain is that we seemingly know how to manage these kids coming through. With the wealth of talent we have now its a credit to him and our academy that he is making the starting place his own.

Yep DS deserves plenty of credit for that. Textbook example of how to bring through a young player. There's always a demand with young player on here for them to start 10 straight games if they have a decent 20 minutes as a sub but you need to dip them in and out so him having lots of sub games last season and the odd start here and there was way to do it and now he looks the part a year on.

Would imagine we'll do the same with Carney this season.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #530 on: September 19, 2021, 05:35:16 PM »
I watched the whole game again, it’s fun when you know the result. The main thing I took from it was how much Ramsey seemed to be enjoying himself, and felt he belonged in the team.

He’s very promising, but I’m still not quite sure what sort of midfielder he is. And I’ll qualify that state by admitting it took me a while to figure out what Dennis Mortimer was.

Did the same thing myself Nick.  I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I'm beginning to see shades of Sid.  I know, I know , a lot to live up to and a long way to go but he has that steel and his passing range appears to be improving.  A toughness to his play, not afraid of a tackle and seems well able to look after himself.  All he needs at the moment is a goal or two and he'll be well on his way.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2021, 05:52:49 PM »
There is something a little bit Sid in the way he moves. Or maybe it's just the long sleeves swaying me.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #532 on: September 19, 2021, 06:39:03 PM »
Don’t really understand the criticism from the commentators about Jake shooting. Quite entitled to have a crack from there, regardless of the score line.

Sexual seems to be of the same opinion. Thought he'd be a champion of JJ.

I am a fan of his. I was just pointing out that 'if' we hadn't won, Ings and Watkins would've been justified in kicking off at him in the dressing room. Anyway, flapping butterfly wings and all that, if it had been 0-0 at that point he may never have had that decision to make.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #533 on: September 19, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »
Ramsey Major is a continuity player: he is always there to keep the ball moving and knows exactly where to move it to, and with what pace. I like his simplicity on the balls. He's added those driving runs into his game this season, which makes him a more threatening player for the opposition.
He's developing really well.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #534 on: September 19, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »
Ramsey Major is a continuity player: he is always there to keep the ball moving and knows exactly where to move it to, and with what pace. I like his simplicity on the balls. He's added those driving runs into his game this season, which makes him a more threatening player for the opposition.
He's developing really well.
I agree with this. And I think he’s the reason we no longer need to look at JWP. Free kicks can be taken care of elsewhere.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #535 on: September 19, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »
I didn't know what sort of player he was last year, and am still not entirely sure, other than a very good one. I said it before but I think it bears repeating, in that in my opinion he's gone from a promising youth getting a few games here and there because of injuries or suspensions, to first midfielder name on the team sheet. Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz are starting to look like a very good midfield trio, now that the dire 4-2-3-1 has deservedly been ditched.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #536 on: September 20, 2021, 03:25:43 AM »
Don’t really understand the criticism from the commentators about Jake shooting. Quite entitled to have a crack from there, regardless of the score line.

I am a fan of his. I was just pointing out that 'if' we hadn't won, Ings and Watkins would've been justified in kicking off at him in the dressing room. Anyway, flapping butterfly wings and all that, if it had been 0-0 at that point he may never have had that decision to make.

You take the shot in that position. Ings and Watkins would have too.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #537 on: September 20, 2021, 04:06:48 AM »
He seems to be able to drift past opponents similar to someone else.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #538 on: September 20, 2021, 07:38:58 AM »

You take the shot in that position. Ings and Watkins would have too.

He should have laid it off. The 2 defenders and the goalie are covering anything he might do. Pass it to either striker they have one less defender to deal with and there's nothing to say that either Ings or Watkins wouldn't have played the ball back to Ramsey, who may have been in a better position to score with the defenders pulled apart.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #539 on: September 20, 2021, 09:56:42 AM »
I don't want to get bogged down in this, but I think you should only shoot from that distance if there aren't any other options closer in. There were two glaring options, both of which involved goalscorers being in promising positions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal