collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266498 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2021, 01:39:33 AM »
Don’t really understand the criticism from the commentators about Jake shooting. Quite entitled to have a crack from there, regardless of the score line.

Sexual seems to be of the same opinion. Thought he'd be a champion of JJ.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #511 on: September 19, 2021, 03:02:59 AM »
He seems to be able to turn and move the ball on a fee yards quicker this season. His development is very pleasing.

Offline nigel

« Reply #512 on: September 19, 2021, 11:40:21 AM »
Cracking player.  Got a bit greedy with the ball on the edge of the box and perhaps should have passed to people in better positions, but who can blame the lad for wanting to shoot?  Had a good game again today.  Getting better and better.

And if he’d passed, and that player missed, he’d be getting it for not having a go himself!
So a bit of a no win situation.
I’m pleased he had the confidence to have a go
Obviously, if a goal had resulted from either scenario he’d, quite rightly, be getting all the plaudits

Offline nigel

« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
He plays like he really believes he belongs in the premier league now. Great to see as I wonder two months ago if we might loan him out somewhere. Probably would've happened if Ward Prowse had signed.

Textbook example of how to bring a young player into the team. We gave him regular sub cameos with the odd start from December onwards and now he really looks the part.

Potentially saved us £50m

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #514 on: September 19, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »
Cracking player.  Got a bit greedy with the ball on the edge of the box and perhaps should have passed to people in better positions, but who can blame the lad for wanting to shoot?  Had a good game again today.  Getting better and better.

And if he’d passed, and that player missed, he’d be getting it for not having a go himself!
Obviously, if a goal had resulted from either scenario he’d, quite rightly, be getting all the plaudits

If he'd have fed Ings I doubt he would have missed.  Still, he was entitled to take it on himself.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #515 on: September 19, 2021, 12:17:30 PM »
He's just getting better and better.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #516 on: September 19, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »

If he'd have fed Ings I doubt he would have missed.  Still, he was entitled to take it on himself.

I didn’t notice Ings until I rewatched it later and Andy Hinchcliffe was really critical of him for not passing.

But I agree, confidence was high and he felt confident enough to have a go. He’s starting to make himself a fixture in there now.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #517 on: September 19, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
Highlight of my season thus far.  Although a couple of performances of that stature from Bailey will change all that.  It's excellent to see a young lad finding his sfeet and starting to realise his potential.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #518 on: September 19, 2021, 12:44:39 PM »
We just need a  goal from him I think. After that the sky is the limit.

This.  And I think the main reason for taking it on himself instead of passing to Ings.  Once he can get that "goal scored" against his name just watch him blossom even more.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #519 on: September 19, 2021, 12:50:02 PM »
Not to mention that it was Ramsey’s excellent challenge that won the ball in the first place. I’m glad he took the chance, don’t think Ings was quite as clear through as he looked.

Offline nigel

« Reply #520 on: September 19, 2021, 12:51:50 PM »

I, too, doubt Ings would have missed, but we’ll never know.
I agree, he was certainly entitled to have a go, he’d had a great game.
I actually think if it had been 0-0 he’d have looked to pass.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #521 on: September 19, 2021, 12:56:25 PM »
He won the ball, created the opening, he deserved to give it a go....he's probably scored umpteen similar for for the U18s/U23s without thinking too much about it.

He's making really good, solid progress and has a touch of flair about him.
He's already on my team sheet for next Saturday.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #522 on: September 19, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »
I wonder if he's got a bit of an itch to get his first goal. Desperate for him to get that off his back and hopefully he can get a sense of when to play a through ball and when to shoot.

It's one of those where you're damned if you and damned if you don't. If he had passed the ball and it not led to a goal, everyone would have been saying he should have shot.

For a long time Grealish was a bit shot-shy so it's good to see a young lad having the confidence to back himself and have a go. We had just gone 2-0 up, were running riot and got the crowd up so I don't think anyone can say he shouldn't have shot.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #523 on: September 19, 2021, 02:11:20 PM »
Not to mention that it was Ramsey’s excellent challenge that won the ball in the first place. I’m glad he took the chance, don’t think Ings was quite as clear through as he looked.

Both the defenders back off to cover the pass each way, it opened up in front of him, he was absolutely right to take it on. Especially given as you say he won it so impressively in the first place.

It was the shot to try as well, a shade more whip and it was perfect, keeper was well beaten. I think he's been ace so far, he's a proper all rounder, physicality, a great touch, vision and intelligent. He's going to be a very good player and his development bodes extremely well the other, potentially more talented players just behind him.

There's a real possibility that in a couple of years we'll have an ace team with half of them from the academy.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #524 on: September 19, 2021, 02:18:27 PM »
Both the defenders back off to cover the pass each way, it opened up in front of him, he was absolutely right to take it on.

Exactly. I really can't understand the criticism.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal