collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875774 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5865 on: January 18, 2023, 08:29:48 PM »
What are the thoughts on Mings contract situation with over 12 months to go on his current deal? I think he has put himself in a strong position either way, with Carlos injury and Konsa's decline, I think it's safe to say he is the best CB at the club currently and will be at end of the season. I know he had injury problems earlier in his career but he's quite a durable sort these days and should be playing regular PL football for the next 3 or 4 years. However I think Emery (like Gerrard to be fair) will be looking for his centre backs to he comfortable stepping into midfield with the ball and that isn't Mings game.

How do you guys think this will play out in the next few months?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5866 on: January 18, 2023, 09:24:54 PM »
I really like the man and at times can be a warrior but has too many brain farts and I have lost count how many times goals go in via his big deflections which I think is more down to him throwing himself at the ball rather than intelligent defending.
Not sure he would want to play 2nd fiddle to  Diego Carlos, who I think plays that side, so would not be surprised to see him go.
Like McGinn & Konsa I would thank them for getting us up and keeping g us here but now we need a better calibre of player to progress

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5867 on: January 19, 2023, 10:26:21 AM »
I'd like to see a training session where Tyrone and Leon can only use their right foots (sic).

As a leftie myself, I was always conscious of building-up my right peg as a youngster. But it seems to me that left-footed players are worse with their weaker foot than right-footers.
Maybe the dearth of lefties generally (we are only 10% of the population or something) means that left-footed footballers are lazy, knowing they're more likely to get a game thanks to nature.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5868 on: January 19, 2023, 10:48:51 AM »
I'd like to see a training session where Tyrone and Leon can only use their right foots (sic).

As a leftie myself, I was always conscious of building-up my right peg as a youngster. But it seems to me that left-footed players are worse with their weaker foot than right-footers.
Maybe the dearth of lefties generally (we are only 10% of the population or something) means that left-footed footballers are lazy, knowing they're more likely to get a game thanks to nature.

This has always been my theory with lefties, they have it too easy.

I played a lot on the left as a kid despite being right footed and it helped me a lot, it got me to a point where I could kick a ball just as badly with my left as my right.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5869 on: January 19, 2023, 11:21:57 AM »

I played a lot on the left as a kid despite being right footed and it helped me a lot, it got me to a point where I could kick a ball just as badly with my left as my right.

I'm left-footed but similar to Lee could use my right foot equally badly. However I'm right-handed and I wonder if that makes me more 'two-footed' than someone who's both left-handed and left-footed.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #5870 on: January 19, 2023, 11:28:01 AM »

I'm left-footed but similar to Lee could use my right foot equally badly. However I'm right-handed and I wonder if that makes me more 'two-footed' than someone who's both left-handed and left-footed.

Used to work with a lad that was pretty decent at cricket and played of scratch at golf. Used right handed clubs but batted  left hand on the cricket pitch.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #5871 on: January 19, 2023, 11:41:45 AM »

Sorry Eamonn, but this nonsense ;)

Full disclosure - I'm left-footed and left-handed.

As most people are right-footed and right-handed, seeing someone kick a ball with their left foot is rarer and strikes people as unfamiliar, even freakish, as a result.

This can prompt many to think that the left-footed player is more reliant on their left foot as a result (because their use of their left foot is more noticeable).

As for concrete evidence ... as this has been a bugbear for years, I've twice beaten right-footed teammates at taking penalties with our weaker foot - and I'm usually way down the list to take a penalty in any side I've played for. UTV

Offline eamonn

« Reply #5872 on: January 19, 2023, 12:43:02 PM »
Sorry for upsetting the brotherhood. Left and proud!

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #5873 on: January 19, 2023, 12:48:27 PM »
Sorry for upsetting the brotherhood. Left and proud!
No problem brother! :)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #5874 on: January 19, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
My lad is left-handed, writes with his left and kicks with his left foot, he bowls left handed too but can't bat left-handed.  When I first introduced him to pitch and putt I asked for left-handed clubs for him, he couldn't work them so I asked for a right handed set, couldn't work those either.  It was like he'd been placed in a barrel and told to piss in the corner.  Very funny.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5875 on: January 19, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »
I write left handed, I play pool/snooker left handed, I was totally right footed as a footballer, throw darts and hold a racket/bat etc right handed.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #5876 on: January 19, 2023, 01:34:01 PM »
I'm right handed but prefer a wank with my left. Feels more mysterious.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5877 on: January 19, 2023, 01:34:21 PM »
I'm about as pure a leftie as you get and in football my right is definitely for standing on but at rugby I actually put the effort in on both sides so I don't have a weak side for passing, tackling or fending and I can pull of a reasonable box kick with my right. I can't place kick or drop kick with it though but I don't see any reason why I'd ever have needed to train for that, especially given I've played in the forwards almost every time I've played in the last 20 years.

I'd hope that if I'd ever wanted to play football at a level beyond a sunday morning shitty league with a few mates I'd have put the same effort in to at least develop some basic competence.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #5878 on: January 19, 2023, 03:11:22 PM »
I'm right handed but prefer a wank with my left. Feels more mysterious.

No wonder you're called Goldenballs.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #5879 on: January 19, 2023, 05:50:08 PM »

Sorry Eamonn, but this nonsense ;)

Full disclosure - I'm left-footed and left-handed.

As most people are right-footed and right-handed, seeing someone kick a ball with their left foot is rarer and strikes people as unfamiliar, even freakish, as a result.

This can prompt many to think that the left-footed player is more reliant on their left foot as a result (because their use of their left foot is more noticeable).

As for concrete evidence ... as this has been a bugbear for years, I've twice beaten right-footed teammates at taking penalties with our weaker foot - and I'm usually way down the list to take a penalty in any side I've played for. UTV

I'd love to see Mings take a penalty with his right foot, maybe not in a competitive game though. He is incredibly uncomfortable even turning onto his right side. Watch him even try to block shots on his right side or leg....at last second he will invariably switch to his left which brings own goals or unusual defections into the mix.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal