collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 885978 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3120 on: December 26, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »
Fair play to him for accepting responsibility but he simply has to be better.

Performance of the season that second half; lads were absolutely unreal!! I put the team in a horrible situation & I take full responsibility for that, but what a response

https://twitter.com/OfficialTM_3/status/1342882974182895617?s=20

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3121 on: December 26, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
Yep fair play. Hopefully this is a chance to sit out, reflect, and get back to his best form.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3122 on: December 26, 2020, 06:45:32 PM »
Bamford got into his head and now Zaha got him rattled.

Offline supertom

« Reply #3123 on: December 26, 2020, 06:48:21 PM »
It's difficult because 2-3 games aside, we've been rock solid all season and have the second best defence in the division. Four clean sheets on the spin. However the one player who seems prone to slip up more than anyone else, has been Tyrone. I say that whilst giving him credit for improving his consistency from last season. Still, it's the same thing. It's those decisions that are naive, sometimes foolish, or those lapses in concentration. He's a bloody good player, but now he has a chance to try and work on how he can keep himself focused throughout a 90 minutes and keep a level head. Konsa conversely, has done this very well. He's very level headed.
A game out may just do him good. There's a big onus now on our backline to maintain their form in two tough games as well. We'll see just how well we cope without Mings, and whether he's unshiftable from our best 11 or not.

Offline exigo

« Reply #3124 on: December 26, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
There's something about his constant chewing of gum that really annoys me as well. None of the other defenders do it, they just, you know, defend. It's just adding to the demeanour that makes him look casual, like he thinks he's a modern day Maldini. Just knuckle down and defend – that first minute chance should have been his warning shot; if he slides in, he cuts the ball out, but because he's determined to stay on his feet no matter what he ends up watching the ball go past him and the player go round him.

I'm not writing him off, because he's been part of our rise – and there are plenty of so called write-offs who have upped their game to where we want to be now (take a bow Matt Targett). But a game out and a spell on the bench might be just what he needs right now.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3125 on: December 26, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »
There's something about his constant chewing of gum that really annoys me as well. None of the other defenders do it, they just, you know, defend. It's just adding to the demeanour that makes him look casual, like he thinks he's a modern day Maldini. Just knuckle down and defend – that first minute chance should have been his warning shot; if he slides in, he cuts the ball out, but because he's determined to stay on his feet no matter what he ends up watching the ball go past him and the player go round him.

I'm not writing him off, because he's been part of our rise – and there are plenty of so called write-offs who have upped their game to where we want to be now (take a bow Matt Targett). But a game out and a spell on the bench might be just what he needs right now.

I'm glad the chewing gum thing isn't just me - I didn't mention it because I didn't want to sound like a moany-old twat, but it really does give the impression of a laid-back teenager who doesn't give a shit.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #3126 on: December 26, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »
Am I right in thinking there was a similar incident in the game in July when Mings and Zaha both got booked?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #3127 on: December 26, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
You know we’re going in the right direction when all we’ve got is one of ours chewing gum to have a moan about.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #3128 on: December 26, 2020, 08:14:21 PM »
He has definitely regressed recently - is it overconfidence , a dip in confidence, poor concentration or another issue we are not aware of? I hope he comes back strongly as I like him as a player but also as a person .....he let himself down today by being drawn in by another players antics ......hopefully he learns from it

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3129 on: December 26, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
He believes his own hype.  Good defender but no Paul McGrath. 

In the first couple of minutes got beat for pace, he looks great for 90% of the time but is head strong and lacks the common sense when simply to whallop  the ball. 

Online FatSam

« Reply #3130 on: December 26, 2020, 08:27:18 PM »
He has definitely regressed recently - is it overconfidence , a dip in confidence, poor concentration or another issue we are not aware of? I hope he comes back strongly as I like him as a player but also as a person .....he let himself down today by being drawn in by another players antics ......hopefully he learns from it
I don’t think he’s regressed, I just think that everyone else has raised their games, and there aren’t any weak links. I think he’s a good player, but I’m not convinced that he’s our best central defender. His leadership though can’t be overlooked, and probably justifies his inclusion even when he has more mistakes in him than the others.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #3131 on: December 26, 2020, 08:28:13 PM »
He believes his own hype.  Good defender but no Paul McGrath. 

In the first couple of minutes got beat for pace, he looks great for 90% of the time but is head strong and lacks the common sense when simply to whallop  the ball. 

This

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3132 on: December 26, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »
Bamford got into his head and now Zaha got him rattled.

You've hit it on the head - anyone who goes down like a bag of spuds is a problem for Tyrone.  He would have been great in the 70's or 80's on heavier pitches when pace was not as big a problem as it is now

Offline villabear

« Reply #3133 on: December 26, 2020, 08:35:49 PM »
I think he definitely caught Zaha when he got booked initially and I thought it was a bit naughty tbh. I thought Zaha got into his head after that. He’s a moaning bugger always appealing to the refs. Should have dealt better with the header but after that he was always onto a loser with Zaha’s pace.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3134 on: December 26, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
Today was really disappointing, the earlier incident- I thought  Fantastic, he's wound Zaha up.,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal