collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 890360 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3150 on: December 27, 2020, 12:14:46 AM »
{alt}
I thought the first yellow was harsh and haven't seen the second one close up. Ironic that Southgate (rightly) got slated about being negative towards Jack but he is more positive than many Villa fans about Tyrone.

2nd yellow wasn't a bad foul, but I think it was probably warranted given where it took place and that Palace were breaking.quite dangerously at the time.

Did think Zahs fouled Mings in the lead up to it though.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #3151 on: December 27, 2020, 06:40:07 AM »
I think Mings is the kind of centre half that plays better with a strong defensive partner alongside him. I used to think that we’d go out and buy an experienced international defender and Mings would improve alongside a better player who could talk to him and keep at him all game.

Now we seem to have that player in Konsa who, with a bit more experience will become the senior player and Mings should prosper.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3152 on: December 27, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
Unless a red negates a second yellow, he's out for two games. He was on 3 before yesterday, wasn't he? One for five yellers, plus one for the red.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #3153 on: December 27, 2020, 09:39:48 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how we cope against Chelsea without him. As much as I'm loving how Konsa and Hause are playing I am slightly concerned about how well we'll progress the ball from the back. Appreciate they haven't played as much but Tyrone has managed 43 progressive passes so far this season while the other two have only managed 10 between them.

I do think that his forward passing is an area which gets overlooked a lot of the time. His ability to play a pinpoint forward ball at pace through the lines is a massive asset for us.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3154 on: December 27, 2020, 09:43:27 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how we cope against Chelsea without him. As much as I'm loving how Konsa and Hause are playing I am slightly concerned about how well we'll progress the ball from the back. Appreciate they haven't played as much but Tyrone has managed 43 progressive passes so far this season while the other two have only managed 10 between them.

I do think that his forward passing is an area which gets overlooked a lot of the time. His ability to play a pinpoint forward ball at pace through the lines is a massive asset for us.

Very true, it’s often his passing which sets Jack and Matt marauding off down the left of the pitch. He does need to work on his defending and the overplaying in tight situations but Hause has nowhere near the ability on the ball Tyrone has. We’ll find out tomorrow how that affects us.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3155 on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »
In the first incident Zaha is throwing punches, he was lucky to have been on the pitch for the second, deserved, yellow.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3156 on: December 27, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
In the first incident Zaha is throwing punches, he was lucky to have been on the pitch for the second, deserved, yellow.

What did Mings do to Zaha before then? He was clearly reacting to something

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3157 on: December 27, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »
From the first couple of minutes, Mings was uncomfortable. Zaha obviously got into his head, and in the build-up to the first yellow Mings reached out to Zaha just before Zaha jumped over McGinn. Mings then seemed to put his leg over McGinn seemingly to protect him from Zaha.
Zaha - I thought - might have got a straight red for swinging out with his fist.
For the second yellow, Mings was fouled in the first contest for the ball and was then carded for his pull-back.

My view was that Mings was mugged - Zaha 'played' him perfectly. I really did not like Zaha before yesterday: over-rated, niggly and seemingly of the 'world owes me something' attitude. After yesterday, my opinion hasn't changed but my view of Mings has diminished: for someone who is supposed to be the mature and calming influence on the pitch I feel he has let us down.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #3158 on: December 27, 2020, 10:54:20 AM »
for someone who is supposed to be the mature and calming influence on the pitch I feel he has let us down.
For the first incident, he showed great team spirit in protecting his player from being stamped on, then, when the handbags started, he showed maturity from turning away and walking away from Zaha, who was out of control. He calmed the situation down and got a yellow card for his efforts, many others would have fallen to the ground and rolled around in "agony".

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #3159 on: December 27, 2020, 11:02:34 AM »
Agree Mr E but Zaha was only able to play Mings because he was able to play the ref as well. 

I can't understand what Mings did to deserve the first yellow except avoid Zaha's attack on him, nor why Zaha didn't see red for raising his fists.  The ref also gave Palace the free kick when Zaha had clearly fouled McGinn before kicking off. 

The second incident the ref managed to miss the push in the back in the initial challenge, but Mings was perhaps naive not to go to ground, given the ref's pavlovian reactions to such behaviour.

Zaha conned the ref several times, the one where he dragged his foot against McGinn just outside the box, clearly initiating the contact,  then one in the second half where he went down like a backstreet hooker upon being barely touched on the chest by Luiz.  I said it in the match thread I think Jack sometime does go down a bit too easily,  but Zaha is an absolutely disgraceful blatant diver.   

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3160 on: December 27, 2020, 11:06:05 AM »
There's a video of the build up to the first incident on Twitter, and it looks very much like he puts a fair bit of effort into stamping on Zaha.  A bit like the WBA sending off, you can see the effort he puts into his leg movement. Luckily for him and us it didn't connect.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3161 on: December 27, 2020, 11:16:16 AM »
There's a video of the build up to the first incident on Twitter, and it looks very much like he puts a fair bit of effort into stamping on Zaha.  A bit like the WBA sending off, you can see the effort he puts into his leg movement. Luckily for him and us it didn't connect.

He definitely lost it as it was a kick out at Zaha after he’d fouled McGinn but a few seconds prior to that I saw something on Twitter where Zaha appeared to turn push/punch (?) Mings in the stomach so they were obviously winding each other up.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3162 on: December 27, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »

I saw that at the time proper sneaky and nasty effort. I am surprised they didn't relook at it. It was as if he tried to scrape down Zaha calf.

Personally I don't think he has any complaints - he was mugged by Zaha. If Jack had done the same to Stones or VVD or MacGuire we would mostly be saying how well he games them.

No-one doubts Mings commitment, endeavour and continues to work on technical aspects, he has to cut out these daft moments which do no-one at Vila any favours.

Love the fact he come from Bournemouth fringe player to England squad regular but yesterday he did wrong.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3163 on: December 27, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »
I actually think the sending half was harsh.

And that's accepting his form has been a bit off lately - though he can't be too dreadful, in a defensive unit that has kept four clean sheets in a row.

First yellow for him and Zaha was fair enough. Second yellow seems to be for little more than obstruction. A foul, yes. But you rarely see a card given for it.

It's particularly shit seeing as Milivojević got a yellow for scything Jack down in the second half and was then allowed to push El Ghazi over moments later and the ref did phuck all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3164 on: December 27, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »
Its quite amusing now we've all calmed down and battered Palace, how Zaha was going wild eyed windmill Johnny 10 Men with Mings, who was holding him off straight arm and ragging him about.

Zaha is a pure cheat. He should have walked for the temper tantrum, he should have walked for the dive against Dougie.

He's an absolute toddler of a man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal