collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:16:08 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875867 times)

Offline kieron

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2775 on: June 05, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »
If someone can advise this forum, based on evidence, how this murder was racist, I'm all ears.

Based on evidence?

The racist police in the US don't value the lives of black people, just like you don't value the lives of black people. The fact that you tried to tried to excuse his murder because he had taken drugs proves this. What would you think if you read an ANC forum and they explained the death of a white farmer with the 'evidence' that he wasn't innocent because he had Phil Collins CDs in his car (I would exonerate on this basis, but that's me)?

An officer of the state murdered a man in broad daylight. He may have murdered him because of his race (which he did) or he may have murdered him because he didn't like his trousers. The point is that the state, time and again murders black people in disproportionate numbers. The problem is the state.

I think you should probably be careful, SE. I have not said anything racist whatsoever, but merely given an opinion that George Floyd's murder hasn't been confirmed a racist act.

"just like you don't value the lives of black people" - I respectfully request that you retract that comment.

I respectfully request that you take your request and use it to fornicate yourself with an enormous stick.

You've made a serious accusation about me, unfounded. I've asked you to retract.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2776 on: June 05, 2020, 11:40:43 PM »
I wish you every success in your law suit. You'll be joining the back of a very long queue.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2777 on: June 05, 2020, 11:41:22 PM »
I posted a few John Oliver videos on the OT thread on this and tried but couldn't find another to illustrate this point. The American Police are systemic racist but are also systemic Us against them. They are supposed to be to Protect and SERVE or be PEACEKeepers or to Uphold the LAW AND CONSTITUTION. However their training over the last so many years have been to see any person as an enemy. Part of this is the legal gun culture in America where anyone can carry a gun. So a simple stop and search can be life threatening to them compared to this country. Their training reflects this so they approach many situations ready to fire first. They are taught to see guns everywhere so they become paranoid. They are taught that you must protect each other so you get coppers allowing others to push over old gentleman or restrain people in life threatening ways. You get them searching to pin a crime on anyone they have "accidentally" harmed to justify it. You have Police instantly racially profiling people because they come from poor background so treating them as criminals straight away. This then means other cultures who have been oppressed before see it as another form of oppression and know an arrest could cost them their life, so they might fight against it which becomes a bit of a closed circle of escalating violence. You have the Police looking indistinguishable from Military personal down to having armoured "tank" like vehicles that wouldn't look out of place on a war field.

I don't claim he killed him because he was black, but he was more likely to be killed because he was black. But America also has systemic racism issues across the board. An example of this is for your earlier claim on being charged and going to Prison for Floyds murder. This is the state that allowed the shooting of an black man in a traffic stop shot at 7 times to go unpunished but jailed a black cop for shooting a white woman. So I would be shocked if Prison beckons. This is the Country that decided the copper who killed a restrained man for selling single ciggies did not deserve jail time. But to show it might not have been racist. This is also the country that allowed the death of Tony Timpa to go unpunished.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:52:52 PM by Somniloquism »

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2778 on: June 05, 2020, 11:50:13 PM »
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:52:12 PM by andyh »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2779 on: June 05, 2020, 11:55:05 PM »
You've made a serious accusation about me, unfounded. I've asked you to retract.

SE can look after himself but the short version of this is that getting a hair's breadth from saying he deserved it ...

"According to the toxicology report, Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system when he died, as well as cannabis compounds and morphine" as well as a video showing him drop a 'packet of white substance' just prior to being searched. The police were there for a reason.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned George Floyd was an innocent man. I suggest you do some research, first.

you don't just think the police chucked him on the floor for no reason, or do you?

does make you look a bit racist.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2780 on: June 05, 2020, 11:58:18 PM »
I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Online Sexual Ealing

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2782 on: June 06, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »
"you're led to believe by what you've told in the media"
"False" (may as well have just used the word fake)
"I'm getting that we're fed, by the media, selection information to suit a narrative"
(All quotes attributable to kieron)
An interesting choice of language to express a viewpoint. It seems to me the poster in question has an agenda behind his/her poorly worded narrative.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #2783 on: June 06, 2020, 12:28:03 AM »

This might help you understand. If you have 3 1/2 mins...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/mar/18/everyday-racism-what-should-we-do

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2784 on: June 06, 2020, 12:29:46 AM »
Why would an Asian officer, an Hispanic officer, a black officer and a white officer kill a black man over white collar crime?

The only logical conclusion is systemic and deep rooted institutional racism. I'm not surprised that Geroge Floyd had a criminal record. It is a society that prays on its poorest citizens and prison is a likely outcome not necessarily because of criminalty, but because its rigged that way. That means young black men disporoationely find themselves incarcerated.

As awful as the killing was, who was shocked? I wasn't.

My white, middle class brother in New York City- approached by officers early in the morning as he was carrying an open bottle of beer back to his apartment post England World Cup victory. The colour of his skin and his disarming English accent (which in my experience when you posh it up reduces the Cousins for some reason) meant he wasn't "booked" and was dealt with like a gentlemen. My future sister in law is mixed race. If she'd been there instead of our kid, the outcome would almost certainly have been different. That's all kinds of wrong. But that doesn't shock me either.

What I have found shocking has been the police response to justified angry protests. Assaults on everybody, where no lives appear to matter, assaults on the press and the beyond the pale assault for a photo opp. Maybe that the later is too much, speaks of my own white privileged sensibilities.

I'm not woke, anybody whose been bored shitless by my musing knows that. But if you cannot be appalled at our alleged best mates not just dabbling with facism this week, but trying on the jacket and admiring the reflection and understand why the Emperor went on the march, then I am genuinely shocked at that too.

Our God, all our God on here, is a black man, a deeply flawed genuins who has been in the cells. It happened to Dalian, it could happen to God- what would the reaction be then? Check his history, there for no reason?! I guess I'm naive.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:33:40 AM by Ads »

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #2785 on: June 06, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/mar/18/everyday-racism-what-should-we-do

And I should clarify, my point is, we are all unconciously if not consciously racist. Once you actually accept that, then it’s a bit easier to think, well from an informed position. So rather than me talk about you, I talk about me. With a blank wife, mixed race kid, family and friends, colleagues in Africa, grown up challenging racism as a kid I have prejudice. So yes you are racist. We all are unless we’ve done remarkable work to deprogramme/isolate ourselves from social conditioning/media etc.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2786 on: June 06, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
Why would an Asian officer, an Hispanic officer, a black officer and a white officer kill a black man over white collar crime?

The only logical conclusion is systemic and deep rooted institutional racism. I'm not surprised that Geroge Floyd had a criminal record. It is a society that prays on its poorest citizens and prison is a likely outcome not necessarily because of criminalty, but because its rigged that way. That means young black men disporoationely find themselves incarcerated.

As awful as the killing was, who was shocked? I wasn't.

My white, middle class brother in New York City- approached by officers early in the morning as he was carrying an open bottle of beer back to his apartment post England World Cup victory. The colour of his skin and his disarming English accent (which in my experience when you posh it up reduces the Cousins for some reason) meant he wasn't "booked" and was dealt with like a gentlemen. My future sister in law is mixed race. If she'd been there instead of our kid, the outcome would almost certainly have been different. That's all kinds of wrong. But that doesn't shock me either.

What I have found shocking has been the police response to justified angry protests. Assaults on everybody, where no lives appear to matter, assaults on the press and the beyond the pale assault for a photo opp. Maybe that the later is too much, speaks of my own white privileged sensibilities.

I'm not woke, anybody whose been bored shitless by my musing knows that. But if you cannot be appalled at our alleged best mates not just dabbling with facism this week, but trying on the jacket and admiring the reflection and understand why the Emperor went on the march, then I am genuinely shocked at that too.

Our God, all our God on here, is a black man. I guess I'm naive.

I agree with Ads.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #2787 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:26 AM »

And I should clarify, my point is, we are all unconciously if not consciously racist. Once you actually accept that, then it’s a bit easier to think, well from an informed position. So rather than me talk about you, I talk about me. With a blank wife, mixed race kid, family and friends, colleagues in Africa, grown up challenging racism as a kid I have prejudice. So yes you are racist. We all are unless we’ve done remarkable work to deprogramme/isolate ourselves from social conditioning/media etc.

Err don’t tell her I said that about her <laughing emoji>

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2788 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:26 AM »
No, I am getting it. I'm getting that we're fed, by the media, selection information to suit a narrative and the masses automatically believe what they're told. 

You've got my curiosity now. Can you offer a couple of recommendations of where to learn more, without being fed information to suit a narrative?

I mean, you're quite clearly familiar with the story, and his criminal record. So where are you learning the truth about it?

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #2789 on: June 06, 2020, 12:43:08 AM »
No, I am getting it. I'm getting that we're fed, by the media, selection information to suit a narrative and the masses automatically believe what they're told. 

You've got my curiosity now. Can you offer a couple of recommendations of where to learn more, without being fed information to suit a narrative?

I mean, you're quite clearly familiar with the story, and his criminal record. So where are you learning the truth about it?

I’d suggest the Daily Mail article that headlined how terrible it was as he’d turned his life around  (and added that in again at the end) after devoting the entire article to his wrap sheet, even digging out the court records and as much detail as possible. Their equivalent of being shocked and disgusted by how little someone is wearing, by showing lots of semi-Nude pics...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal