collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876265 times)

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2760 on: June 05, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »
Erm, anyway, well done Tyrone.

Racism continues to exist in many forms in this country, so to say these protests are irrelevant is just belittling the injustices racial minorities experience in all walks of life.

Interestingly, the Villa represented racial diversity to me long before I even understood what it meant, but it doesn’t mean we should allow ourselves to become complacent.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2761 on: June 05, 2020, 11:23:09 PM »
If someone can advise this forum, based on evidence, how this murder was racist, I'm all ears.

Still not the fucking point!!!!!

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #2762 on: June 05, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »
Erm, anyway, well done Tyrone.

Racism continues to exist in many forms in this country, so to say these protests are irrelevant is just belittling the injustices racial minorities experience in all walks of life.

Interestingly, the Villa represented racial diversity to me long before I even understood what it meant, but it doesn’t mean we should allow ourselves to become complacent.

Gary Younge put something on twitter today about the importance, significance and power of protest for black people in America. Worth digging out.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2763 on: June 05, 2020, 11:24:14 PM »
If someone can advise this forum, based on evidence, how this murder was racist, I'm all ears.

Based on evidence?

The racist police in the US don't value the lives of black people, just like you don't value the lives of black people. The fact that you tried to tried to excuse his murder because he had taken drugs proves this. What would you think if you read an ANC forum and they explained the death of a white farmer with the 'evidence' that he wasn't innocent because he had Phil Collins CDs in his car (I would exonerate on this basis, but that's me)?

An officer of the state murdered a man in broad daylight. He may have murdered him because of his race (which he did) or he may have murdered him because he didn't like his trousers. The point is that the state, time and again murders black people in disproportionate numbers. The problem is the state.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2764 on: June 05, 2020, 11:26:50 PM »

A man murdered a man, Ad@m, so what is the point you're making?

Online Rory

« Reply #2765 on: June 05, 2020, 11:27:59 PM »

Based on evidence?

The racist police in the US don't value the lives of black people, just like you don't value the lives of black people. The fact that you tried to tried to excuse his murder because he had taken drugs proves this. What would you think if you read an ANC forum and they explained the death of a white farmer with the 'evidence' that he wasn't innocent because he had Phil Collins CDs in his car (I would exonerate on this basis, but that's me)?

An officer of the state murdered a man in broad daylight. He may have murdered him because of his race (which he did) or he may have murdered him because he didn't like his trousers. The point is that the state, time and again murders black people in disproportionate numbers. The problem is the state.

Possession of a Phil Collins album is definitely grounds for violent arrest, in my book.

Reports of paying for cigarettes with a dodgy-looking note? Not so much.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2766 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:49 PM »
It's very occasionally so difficult not to opt for a 'suicide by moderator' option on this website.

Online Rory

« Reply #2767 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »

Many would say it's a luxury (or rather, a privilege) to detach such things from their context.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2768 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »

Based on evidence?

I think you should probably be careful, SE. I have not said anything racist whatsoever, but merely given an opinion that George Floyd's murder hasn't been confirmed a racist act.

"just like you don't value the lives of black people" - I respectfully request that you retract that comment.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2769 on: June 05, 2020, 11:30:05 PM »
I find it appalling some people's views here clearly not understanding the context.
Lacking with ability to see perspective
That person who started it off saying it was a pointless protest should ask Mings as he wouldn't be impressed either with what you said.
And several others we have to endure not getting it and giving , what I can only see , a narrow minded perspective , one without sentiment one with out empathy and one without much knowledge to the history of inequality regards race.

At least here over the last few pages that's it's clearly only a few ill informed minority who are being so dismissive of something a Villa player has the principles to stand up for and protest despite any risk .

It's worse this minority on here are  more interested to try and defend their position rather than seek to learn or look at things from another point of view.

To those minority Mings may read this and you're embrassing yourselves.

It's no surprise how some are the same who tried to bully me off the site so at least they are consistent with their poor way of looking out for other people and respecting. I reported them before and I'll do it again.
Some really nasty bully boy behaviour  here who only want to get their way

Really these people should be banned as it's against forum rules and it's causing a moral outrage on Mings thread.

It's insulting it really is what some people said.
And well done most of us for voicing how we don't agree with such small mindedness on this site!

Up the villa
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:38:12 PM by Vill I An »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2770 on: June 05, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »

You could scroll back the last couple of pages and actually read what's written.

But I'll save you the bother - predominantly white police officers routinely kill unarmed black people in America. 3 times as often as they do white people.

That's just wrong and in the context of American history is clearly racist.

We should be proud of one of our senior players making a stand against that.

I honestly can't put it clearer than that.

Online Rory

« Reply #2771 on: June 05, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »
I find it appalling some people's views here clearly not understanding the context.
Lacking with ability to see perspective
That person who started it off saying it was a pointless protest should ask Mings as he wouldn't be impressed either with what you said.
And several others we have to endure not getting it and giving , what I can only see , a narrow minded perspective , one without sentiment one with out empathy and one without much knowledge to the history of inequality regards race.

At least here over the last few pages that's it's clearly only a few ill informed minority who are being so dismissive of something a Villa player has the principles to stand up for and protest despite any risk .

It's worse this minority on here are  more interested to try and defend their position rather than seek to learn or look at things from another point of view.

To those minority Mings may read this and you're embrassing yourselves.

It's no surprise how some are the same who tried to bully me off the site so at least they are consistent with their poor way of looking out for other people and respecting. I reported them before and I'll do it again.
Some really nasty bullies here who only want to get their way

Really these people should be banned as it's against forum rules and it's causing a moral outrage on Mings thread.

It's insulting it really is what some people said.
And well done most of us for voicing how we don't agree with such small mindedness on this site!

Up the villa

I didn't read all of it  ;) but well said, Vill I An.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2772 on: June 05, 2020, 11:33:00 PM »

Based on evidence?

I think you should probably be careful, SE. I have not said anything racist whatsoever, but merely given an opinion that George Floyd's murder hasn't been confirmed a racist act.

"just like you don't value the lives of black people" - I respectfully request that you retract that comment.

I respectfully request that you take your request and use it to fornicate yourself with an enormous stick.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2773 on: June 05, 2020, 11:35:42 PM »

Based on evidence?

I respectfully request that you take your request and use it to fornicate yourself with an enormous stick.

Can we keep this topic civil, please?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2774 on: June 05, 2020, 11:36:46 PM »
Apologies to you, and the site, Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal