collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875762 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5910 on: February 13, 2023, 06:26:33 PM »
I would rather keep Mings than Konsa if truth be told.  We have no leaders - and he is missed when hes out massively.

Under Smith, I thought Konsa was going to go on and become top draw, but his progress seems to have stopped.  He is a good defender - but probably where we are now is about his level.  Most top half CB need to be good with the ball. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5911 on: February 14, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »
Since the 2019/20 season, Tyrone Mings has missed 12 Premier League games. In those games, Villa have won one, drawn two and suffered nine defeats, while conceding 24 goals.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #5912 on: February 14, 2023, 10:22:39 AM »
Since the 2019/20 season, Tyrone Mings has missed 12 Premier League games. In those games, Villa have won one, drawn two and suffered nine defeats, while conceding 24 goals.
He's not perfect but my word we miss him when he doesn't play.
I think we lack aggression generally as a side which I'm sure Emery will address in the summer but not having his presence around at set pieces especially is a big loss.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #5913 on: February 14, 2023, 10:24:22 AM »
4 years he's been with us. Without doubt one of the best signings we've made in the last 20 odd years. A player who has genuinely improved over time. A great leader and a great man.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5914 on: February 14, 2023, 10:31:27 AM »
4 years he's been with us. Without doubt one of the best signings we've made in the last 20 odd years. A player who has genuinely improved over time. A great leader and a great man.

Agree^

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5915 on: February 14, 2023, 10:31:59 AM »

I might get this printed on a t-shirt.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #5916 on: February 14, 2023, 10:36:11 AM »

I might get this printed on a t-shirt.
Could be a good merch setup.
Tea towels, mugs, tote bags, hoodies.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5917 on: February 14, 2023, 10:38:54 AM »
We conceded four with him in the team at home to Leicester last week.  He’s mostly a good player, but our issue is our total lack of anybody else of a similar level to come in if he’s out for any reason.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #5918 on: February 14, 2023, 10:56:08 AM »
We conceded four with him in the team at home to Leicester last week.  He’s mostly a good player, but our issue is our total lack of anybody else of a similar level to come in if he’s out for any reason.

Liverpool conceded 7 against us a couple of years ago with Vin Dijk in the team. He's mostly good too.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #5919 on: February 14, 2023, 10:57:05 AM »
He's alright mostly. Great if on form. Always has a mistake in him.

The problem is that whenever he's out we replace him with awful choices.

Rinse and repeat.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #5920 on: February 14, 2023, 11:05:02 AM »

That was a freak result due to unforced individual errors not a game to make any judgement s one way or the other. Like others above I think he’s been a great signing for us.

I think, like Watkins and McGinn, were seeing the best of him again now that the charlatan Gerrard has been purged from the club.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #5921 on: February 14, 2023, 11:08:05 AM »
I think we're seeing more and more centre backs making mistakes, Stones always has one in him, Maguire, even Vin Dijk. It's the way the game is going these days, the ball flies all over the place, the refs are crap and there are TV cameras everywhere.

I'd like to see how he gets on with Carlos when he's back.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #5922 on: February 14, 2023, 11:16:02 AM »
So what’s that now, 11 games since we’ve been back up playing without him and a record of W1 D2 L8. Now obviously correlation isn’t causation but we don’t look anywhere near as good without him. Konsa just isn’t as good as him and I don’t think either are as good as Carlos from what I saw pre him arriving at Villa.

I’m really intrigued as to what Emery and the club will do this summer. 1 year left on the contract and will they sell or think he’ll get better playing with Diego on the principle better players lift those around them?

Personally I’d like Tyrone to stay, I think he can get better and other than McGinn he’s the only link back to promotion though obviously that’s a heart over head issue.

I wouldn't be against Konsa moving on in the summer. He just hasn't progressed at all. Maybe a team playing a low defensive line he would get his form back. Mings is what he is, limited in certain ways obviously but a solid PL defender in the main. No guarantee Carlos will come back to top form after a very serious injury either.
Konsa to Burnley in the summer, you heard it here first. Kompany might get a better tune out of him if he can find an instrument that suits him.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #5923 on: February 14, 2023, 11:19:58 AM »
If we are looking at competent decent back up then we need to be keeping the likes of Konsa.  Burnley can have Chambers.

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #5924 on: February 14, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
If we are looking at competent decent back up then we need to be keeping the likes of Konsa.  Burnley can have Chambers.
I didn't mention Chambers because I can't see any PL team taking him, he's Championship material at best. Sunday was the worst by a Villa centre back I've seen in quite a long time. I think Feeney could be a long term option, but not for probably 18  months to 2 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal