collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 889106 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5820 on: January 03, 2023, 06:12:11 PM »
Try’s gonna need bigger trousers, he’s already got Haaland, Ronaldo and Kane in his pockets.

Offline bob

« Reply #5821 on: January 03, 2023, 06:30:57 PM »
Just a thought but seeing Mings going with McGinn to lay flowers, and being on the front of the Cubs' Christmas cards with McGinn and Lehmann, makes me wonder if the club realise the mistake in removing the captaincy.

He's always up front in supporter relations, and vocal on the pitch too. I suspect though, that Emery is deciding on his best 11 first and will then focus on the captaincy. Martinez may not be the shoe-in I thought after his World Cup antics.

It's got nothing to do with "the club". Who are you referring to?

He's just a top bloke.

Offline bob

« Reply #5822 on: January 03, 2023, 06:34:43 PM »
Try’s gonna need bigger trousers, he’s already got Haaland, Ronaldo and Kane in his pockets.

He's been playing really well lately. Very important player for us.

Offline bob

« Reply #5823 on: January 03, 2023, 06:36:37 PM »
Maguire would be a good signing if we could get him for not a lot of money.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5824 on: January 03, 2023, 06:45:13 PM »

… and we like watching a shambles every week.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5825 on: January 03, 2023, 07:21:43 PM »

I actually like Maguire but I feel his confidence took a right battering and he’s taken his time to get through it. He looked completely shot in that pre-world cup competition for England, he also looked quite unfit. I thought Southgate was quite cruel when he played him at the time. However he didn’t do too bad in the World Cup.

He’d be a big gamble but there is a very good player in there.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5826 on: January 03, 2023, 08:53:12 PM »

I actually like Maguire but I feel his confidence took a right battering and he’s taken his time to get through it. He looked completely shot in that pre-world cup competition for England, he also looked quite unfit. I thought Southgate was quite cruel when he played him at the time. However he didn’t do too bad in the World Cup.

He’d be a big gamble but there is a very good player in there.

I think he had 18months of looking a top defender, but once players realised he has the turning circle of an oil tanker he's looked a lot less assured. I'm not sure you can train his flaws out of his game either.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #5827 on: January 03, 2023, 09:13:14 PM »
I think Leicester pulled the same trick we did with a certain individual in getting an inflated transfer fee that was way out of line with his ability.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5828 on: January 03, 2023, 09:14:20 PM »
I must admit, I’d rather it wouldn’t be us who took the gamble, still like him though and I feel sorry for the stick he gets.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5829 on: January 03, 2023, 11:53:31 PM »
I must admit, I’d rather it wouldn’t be us who took the gamble, still like him though and I feel sorry for the stick he gets.

Yes, I bet that ‘your defence is terrified’ song is a right bastard of an ear-worm for him.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5830 on: January 04, 2023, 12:31:08 AM »
Just a thought but seeing Mings going with McGinn to lay flowers, and being on the front of the Cubs' Christmas cards with McGinn and Lehmann, makes me wonder if the club realise the mistake in removing the captaincy.

He's always up front in supporter relations, and vocal on the pitch too. I suspect though, that Emery is deciding on his best 11 first and will then focus on the captaincy. Martinez may not be the shoe-in I thought after his World Cup antics.

He's just a top bloke.

Are you being obtuse?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5831 on: January 04, 2023, 09:42:10 AM »
I think Leicester pulled the same trick we did with a certain individual in getting an inflated transfer fee that was way out of line with his ability.
There's no comparison at all.  Jack was looking like one of the most gifted players in the PL week in week out.  I'm still convinced we would have won the Euros if Southgate had played him every game.  The fact he's been a major dissapointment at Man City is more to do with the strict way they play, the coaching and probably Jack's confidence when he's no longer the big fish. 

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5832 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46:24 AM »

He's just a top bloke.

Are you being obtuse?

Although Bob can be obtuse, he is correct that "the club" didn't make the decision to drop the captaincy from Mings and "the club" doesn't make the decision to reinstate him as captain. The decisions ultimately rely on whichever person has the "Manager/Head Coach" moniker at the time.

However they do still use him in the press and publicity as he is popular, and won't normally embarrass them by making a club statement and then driving his vehicle into another one the next day, or be pictured huffing happy gas.

Offline bob

« Reply #5833 on: January 04, 2023, 12:35:17 PM »

He's just a top bloke.

Are you being obtuse?

I got the impression that he went to lay those flowers of his own volition. I thought by the look of McGinn's face he'd been dragged out of bed by Tyrone. Not sure that the club would have instructed Tyrone to go.

In any case the person in charge of the Christmas cards won't have any input on the captaincy.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5834 on: January 04, 2023, 01:25:21 PM »
We all know that 'the club' make decisions about how the players go about things. The players don't organise the visits to the hospital/acorns etc. 'The club' decide who goes on the front of Christmas cards, who is on the photos on the website, who goes where.

I suspect that all of the people behind the scenes will have had discussions with whoever it is that makes the final decisions in each respective area and that a bigger decision will have been made. If I was the Marketing and publicity person I'd like Mings there because he does the right things, says the right things, leads by example etc.

Everyone was surprised/shocked that McGinn replaced Mings as captain, and I think that behind the scenes 'the club' will have felt the same way, as likeable as McGinn may be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal