collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 890762 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4350 on: November 21, 2021, 09:19:36 AM »
Mings and Konsa were back to their best, in fact the whole back 5 looked like the unit they were last season.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4351 on: November 21, 2021, 09:36:56 AM »
He was superb yesterday. A real leaders performance. That said, i still think he might possibly benefit from not being captain and letting him concentrate on his own game but if he keeps that level of performance up, then Gerrard might stick with him.

You could be right, but then I reckon McGinn would be the next candidate and you could probably make the same point about him. Anyway, superb finish at the end. Apart from one crap ball, he just kept it simple all game, and he looks a million times better when he does.

To be honest, I said exactly the same thing yesterday to someone. If you pass it to McGinn, he might lose the edge out of his game as well. I think he'll stick with Mings if carries on like that but the fact that he's acknowledged that he's thinking about the change is either genuine or just good management.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4352 on: November 21, 2021, 09:42:22 AM »
He's the leader, the main vocal point of the team now and the organising general. I don't give a fuck if Kipper, right wing Tory ****** don't like it that a black bloke has a voice and wants to hear it heard. Long may it continue. He's out leader and he got this club from word go and I think he deserves backing.

Great player, even better bloke.
Spot on.

Seconded

Thirded.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #4353 on: November 21, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »
He's the leader, the main vocal point of the team now and the organising general. I don't give a fuck if Kipper, right wing Tory ****** don't like it that a black bloke has a voice and wants to hear it heard. Long may it continue. He's out leader and he got this club from word go and I think he deserves backing.

Spot on.

Seconded

Thirded.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4354 on: November 21, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »

Spot on.

Seconded

Thirded.

Yep, me too. Love him.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4355 on: November 21, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »
Do wonder if having someone with Gerrard’s profile will mean that he’ll pull Mings up if he is sloppy, whereas I got the feeling that might not have been the case after Terry left.

No, you're right, Smith would never drop him from the team.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #4356 on: November 21, 2021, 11:07:43 AM »
It was great to see him get that goal yesterday, and how well he took it.

I do think that Mings get some unfair stick for his distribution, as his long passes are often very good, and those that just drift astray are usually played when there are no other real options.  He also does seem to take more responsibility than say Konsa does, for setting play up (which is not a criticism of Konsa).

One thing I noticed yesterday with the game still at 0-0 was that Mings took some stick from Ashley Young when Young wanted Mings to play the ball for him over the top, but Mings tried to pass it to Young's feet and it was intercepted.  I though this a bit unfair, as it looked to me that a ball over the top would have got us nowhere, and that the ball to feet was indeed the much better option.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4357 on: November 21, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »

Spot on.

Seconded

Thirded.

Yep, me too. Love him.

Couldn't agree more!
A brilliant purchase for our club who will want to win trophies for us as captain and no doubt will want to captain his country also.

Offline supertom

« Reply #4358 on: November 21, 2021, 11:19:57 AM »
Being properly coached again will help and I hope he's pulled up whenever he makes errors, because now is the time for big Tyrone to eradicate that from his game. He's a quality player, and even better bloke.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4359 on: November 21, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »
Big up to the big fella for setting up his own goal with his determination to keep the ball in play while we were turning the screw. Fkn love him.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #4360 on: November 21, 2021, 11:40:41 AM »
Immense yesterday.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #4361 on: November 21, 2021, 01:13:53 PM »
Yep, really good yesterday. Dominant defensively in the air, bang up for it, decent header which forced a good save, great effort and class for the goal. Only blemish was that slightly ropey sliced clearance early in the second half.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4362 on: November 21, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
Yep, really good yesterday. Dominant defensively in the air, bang up for it, decent header which forced a good save, great effort and class for the goal. Only blemish was that slightly ropey sliced clearance early in the second half.

I think that stood out because it was the only time he did it yesterday.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4363 on: November 21, 2021, 01:22:10 PM »
Immense yesterday.
he was the player he can be. Great to see.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4364 on: November 21, 2021, 01:25:35 PM »
When he's trying to do too much, or is panicking and just whacking balls down the wing, he's a liability. When he uses all of his natural attributes like speed, strength and heading ability, and keeps things simple when he has the ball, he's superb.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal